You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

I've got a good feeling about him. People say he's greedy, if he is I'm not sure that's such a bad thing anyway (within reason of course). Rodgers said a couple of weeks ago that we need players who want to score goals, who want to get into positions where they will score goals. I'd agree, and I'd also say we want players who are prepared to have a shot and not pass the buck.

Sturridge is a really good fit for the system we play, and he's a good fit in terms of his skillset and what he brings. Pace, skill, goals.

As long as he doesn't act like Billy Big Bollocks around the club I think he'll be a success.

I'd still like to see us play 3-5-2 more, as I think it suits the personnel at our disposal best of all and because I think Suarez and Sturridge would be perfect as the two in tandem.

Both Johnson and Enrique (when he is back) are ideal wing backs and Agger as the Libero linking defence and midfield is perfect too.

David Luiz as the deeper of the 3 Midfielders would be perfect for our current system, but he isn't for sale and we couldn't afford him even if he was.

I can see Sturridge being like Babel. Being talented, yet frustrating.

However he will score goals and it wouldn't surprise me after 10 games we'll say he hasn't played very well, yet he'll have around 5 goals and we'll have more points as a team as a result.

Hopefully once he starts scoring and building his confidence, then he can fulfill his talent that Babel was never able to do.