You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko

Kevin D

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is going to win?

2. 2. How

VladimirIlyich, on 28 Apr 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Only because he wouldnt fight his brother and in an era of bums.

Can only beat what's in front of you - Mike Tyson made his reputation in an era of worse bums for example (Frank Bruno). It takes a hell of a lot of commitment and a fair bit of talent to stay champion for so long through so many defences.

All time great? No. Bit shit? No.

• Upvote 1

He has to. If it goes into the later rounds Wlad becomes a massive favourite, Joshua has never been there and looked to be slightly gassing against Whyte. It's what makes it so intriguing, both fighters are in with complete unknowns to them. Joshua's never fought a bigger guy who hits back and Wlad hasn't faced, for a very long time at least, someone who's in there up get him out of there as soon as possible.

There's so many unanswered question that we'll find out on Saturday.

Is Joshua as good as people think?

Can he take a punch?

Is his stamina an issue?

Was it just a one off against Fury for Wlad?

Is Wlad finished as a top level fighter?

I think Joshua is as good as people think. He's just not been tested as much as people would like. Is that a bad thing? For some people yeah but I doubt he's that bothered.

I was lucky enough to watch AJ do a training session in the lead up to Charles Martin fight and he's a machine. Very dedicated and certainly puts the work in.

If he loses on Saturday, is it the end of him? Definitely not. Most people lose and I'm sure he'd come back.

There's a Joshua documentary on BBC1 that I watched on demand last night, he seems like a decent enough guy and he's pretty likeable but there's just something not right about him for me and I can't quite put my finger on it, whether that it's that he's so media savvy from being with Team GB he's not being himself or he's being a version of himself that's just for the media, I'm not sure.

I don't mind him though I just don't like his fans who think he's the bollocks when in reality he's probably just the best of a bad bunch, it's not really fair on him to compare him to any past fighters because it's literally that shit at heavyweight that I'd say he's already the best in the world despite having hardly any fights. He destroys Wilder and Parker, Fury would be trickier but we've seen him get knocked down by Cunningham who's probably half Joshua's size! So he'd beat him comfortably aswell for me.

This is Joshua's biggest test, if he beats Wlad then he'll be Unified champion for a very long time, unless there's a young upstart that will burst on the scene in the next year or two. I keep changing my mind how I think this one will go but at the moment I'm siding with Joshua early.

No, that's genuinely how he is, mate. I've spent a fair amount of time with him on different occasions and he's no different to how he was on the doc. He maybe has a slightly different side in terms of being 'more of a lad' as the girlfriend says when he's around the lads but it's still a nice side to him.

He is one of the nicest people I've met.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Don't really get the Joshua hate in here.

Boring as fuck, looks like he's on roids, and managed by Eddie Hearn. Some/all of the those, probably. Personally, I don't hate him. I do find the whole circus surrounding him a little tedious, but that's more a reflection of boxing in general rather than him.

Boring as fuck, looks like he's on roids, and managed by Eddie Hearn. Some/all of the those, probably. Personally, I don't hate him. I do find the whole circus surrounding him a little tedious, but that's more a reflection of boxing in general rather than him.

Isn't there a circus around every boxer?

Can only beat what's in front of you - Mike Tyson made his reputation in an era of worse bums for example (Frank Bruno). It takes a hell of a lot of commitment and a fair bit of talent to stay champion for so long through so many defences.

All time great? No. Bit shit? No.

Bruno was one of those bums!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk now Free

As I said, I don't really have anything against Joshua but seeing the look on Hearn's face if Vlad flattened his cash cow in the first round would be fucking funny.

I think that it looks like that if Wlad flattens Joshua it will be because either,Joshua tries to finish the fight early and gets caught or gets very tired later in the fight. It's Joshua's to win,but Klitschko is experienced and can spoil fights if need be.

I saw Joshua: Behind The Ropes last night and it shows even more so than when fighting, how fucking huge he is. Theres no way he doesn't start to tire in that later rounds with all that muscle mass.

He must be on roids to get physique or genetics of a God.

Just seen in the metro that Coral have Joshua 25/1 to.win in the first round. Klitschko is 66/1! The Fucking size of these two and particularly the punching power.... That's ridiculous odds.

I think if you look back it's very rare a Heavyweight fight ends in the first round, even in Joshaus career they're not common, if it happens I think them odds are right.

Guest Pistonbroke

The fight is on free TV over here, RTL. So if any of you can get free to air German TV via Satellite it will be better quality than the usual streams for SKY box office.  

Just seen in the metro that Coral have Joshua 25/1 to.win in the first round. Klitschko is 66/1! The Fucking size of these two and particularly the punching power.... That's ridiculous odds.

Do they have odds on neither fighter throwing a punch in the first round?

I think Joshua is as good as people think. He's just not been tested as much as people would like. Is that a bad thing? For some people yeah but I doubt he's that bothered.

I was lucky enough to watch AJ do a training session in the lead up to Charles Martin fight and he's a machine. Very dedicated and certainly puts the work in.

If he loses on Saturday, is it the end of him? Definitely not. Most people lose and I'm sure he'd come back.

No, that's genuinely how he is, mate. I've spent a fair amount of time with him on different occasions and he's no different to how he was on the doc. He maybe has a slightly different side in terms of being 'more of a lad' as the girlfriend says when he's around the lads but it's still a nice side to him.

He is one of the nicest people I've met.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't doubt he's a decent bloke when he's meeting people and when he's in the company of "outsiders" but I don't really think anyone apart from the few who's been around him since he was a kid really know the real him, you don't get to where he was in life, being a drug dealer and on tag by being nice, it simply don't work like that. I know plenty of people like him who are sound to everyone they meet but are horrible horrible people when necessary.

Like I've said I do like him and wish him the all the best but like Whyte continually says he should be himself he's not being real, he knows what he's really like, you hear stories about people from your area and you know what they get up to.

They could have went two different ways with Joshua, they could have marketed him as some bad boy Mike Tyson gangsta and he'd be just as successful but wouldn't have as many promotional contracts or they could have went with the happy go lucky, man of the people, Mr Nice Guy they went with the latter. Being honest I'd probably like him a lot more if he came across as being himself more, you see it come out sometimes in post fight interviews then he gets back on to the scripted shit they feed him. Whether it's being real or fake he does have a lot of time for the children and for the public which you can't take away from him he's also a massive inspiration for the youth of today on how hard work gets you where you want to be.

Guest Pistonbroke

What time will the fight be on at roughly?

I'm out for a meal with the missus tomorrow night at 7 but she quite likes boxing so I could maybe wangle going to a boozer to watch this with her afterwards.

Hard to say due to the other fights, plus Sky love stringing it out. The scheduled time is 21:45 your time. 

I think Joshua will win by a knockout around 4 or 5. Before then he will feel Klitschko's jab and know he's in a fight. He won't come in all guns blazing because this is a level higher than he's gone before, and he is very much learning as he goes. But I think he will learn enough in the first three rounds and feel like he's got the beating of him, and then up his activity and get the knockout in round 4 or 5.

As for Klitschko, a gentleman, an educated man, and a credit to his sport. In an era of mouthy nomarks who get five minutes in the spotlight, his decade or more at the top is an impressive achievement. He has a chance because he is a good boxer, and the big question over Joshua is whether or not he can find another level for this one. I think there will be some sting in his jab and Joshua will feel it, but he will come through that and up his workrate and win by knockout in 4 or 5.

It will be fascinating to see what happens, and this one has my attention.

Final word to Tyson. Great fighter who had the lot. His movement was incredible, as was the angle of his punches. Obviously the power was there too, and he showed that by his meteoric rise and numerous wins by KO. However... he probably had a couple fights too many, and I think the beating he took from Lennox Lewis was too much (they should have fought years earlier).

It was concerning to see Tyson a little slow of thought and speech in that interview. Maybe he was just relaxed, and he's a fighter not a spokesman, but as I watched it I thought I saw a few little signs of a man who got hit too much. Hope I'm wrong.

Joshua coming in his heaviest ever doesn't seem right to me, I don't really understand why he's done that unless he's planning on steamrollering him in the first 1-3 rounds, anything after that his pure muscle mass will tire him right out, that's just common sense, huge muscles need more oxygen, there's no way he goes 12 rounds that heavy. He's going there to do a job on him early. If he catches Wlad flush, he's done for. Hoping Wlad can get through them rounds and then it becomes a slugfest.