You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

If Athletico can find their reach, and jab at the jaw of Bayern, they can avoid the haymakers and uppercuts that Robben can bring to the ring.

Ian, Ian, this is football.

But I'm a boxing commentator.  How did I end up here?  ...On with the argument, as we enter the final round, I mean time added on at the end for stoppages...!

• Upvote 1

I like Iain Darke as a boxing commentator, listening to him try and do a match though isn't the best.

He's no Peter Brackley that's for sure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=26ags12OZp8

That whole show for about 6 years was probably the zenith of all football

Darke is among the worst commentators. I don't watch much boxing but he's just as shit at that imo, His problem is that he just cannot shut the fuck up at any point during the event.

He just has to be spouting bollocks of the whole 90 minutes; just an endless stream of irrelevant trivia. Good commentators know when to let the viewer just get immersed in the game and keep their contribution to a minimum, They're all guilty of making the game more about the commentary than whats happening on the pitch, especially now we have  co- commentators all desperately trying to find something to say, but Darke is head and shoulders above the rest of the shower of shit in his efforts to dumb down the game.

To say I hate him is silly but in the words of Reggie Kray I find him "a vexation to the spirit".

Reggie said it about Jack McVitie who they murdered ; i wouldn't wish the same fate on Ian Darke but I do hope he fucks off sometime soon.

I watched the match on the iPad with the sound turned off while being on my phone and watching whatever shite my wife was watching at the time in the background on the normally telly. Really enjoyed it. Will be doing that more often. Not a single word of shite commentary was heard.

Simeone is a right tit, gonna be some hate for him on here if he ends up at someone like Chelsea.

I remember enjoying Mourinho's antics on the sideline for Porto against the Mancs.

My views on Simeone could change pretty sharpish too I'd imagine. Leaving aside some of the more blatant cynicism, I think the intensity of football that his teams play is great to watch.

I watched the match on the iPad with the sound turned off while being on my phone and watching whatever shite my wife was watching at the time in the background on the normally telly. Really enjoyed it. Will be doing that more often. Not a single word of shite commentary was heard.

You call this a normal telly.

b164c04c996616a526e2009333c1f423.jpg

• Upvote 4

I remember me and Chris of off here watching that in his student bedsit off our faces and completely losing our shit when he did that.  It was great.  Now he's a tit though. 

Yeah, it was great stuff at the time. In fairness to the bad dickhead, leading that Porto side and later a pretty limited Inter side to the European Cup were serious achievements.

Not sure why the commentators are baffled by Bayern's away record in the knockout stages. If they'd done their research (which British commentators and pundits tend not to do it seems), they'd know that Guardiola's away record in the knockout stages is only average. His sides tend to do the business at home instead.

Not counting finals, his teams' knockout away record as of yesterday is

Played 21, won 4, drawn 10, lost 7

Their knockout home record is

Played 20, won 15, drawn 4, lost 1

Not counting finals, his teams' knockout away record as of yesterday is

Played 21, won 4, drawn 10, lost 7

Their knockout home record is

Played 20, won 15, drawn 4, lost 1

I'll laugh my head off if away league games against sides going completely full-Pulis are Manchester City's undoing next season.

I remember me and Chris of off here watching that in his student bedsit off our faces and completely losing our shit when he did that.  It was great.  Now he's a tit though. 

Midweek?

Living on the edge, Paulie.

And I take it by "Chris off here" you don't mean Mr Royle.  Guts for garters, boy.