You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Spurs are making an annoying habit of keeping going to the very end to score an important last-minute goal. Is that 3 or 4 games in a row now where they've done that?

West Brom, West Ham tonight and first leg against Lyon (?). I can't think of any others, but it could be more.

How does Spurs winning have any consequence whatsoever for us? You'd be better off looking for the results of everton and west brom.

If Spurs get fourth they would improve themselves more than Arsenal would with the CL money, and may well keep Bale.

On current form, Arsenal would just carry on imploding.

Thats assuming that we will improve enough to compete with those two next season.

Spurs have more to lose.

But you judged right, my original thought was born of a hope that we could still catch Spurs this season.

Not sure it matters for us who gets third and fourth between Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea.

Think Tottenham will struggle to keep Bale regardless. City failing in both the league and CL will likely see them go on another rampage in the transfer market, i can quite easily see slur do everything he can to get Bale, and Real Madrid are also very likely to go after him i think aswell as Chelsea since they look like winning fuck all this season.

Anyway, i do think Spurs will struggle in the end. Their schedule is looking quite grim over the next month(s). Arsenal (h), Inter EL (a), Liverpool (a), Inter EL (h), Fulham (h), Swansea (a), Everton (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (h), Wigan (a) Southampton (h), Stoke (a), Sunderland (h). Add to that possibly some more EL fixtures should they beat Inter. Think Arsenal have a better run in, Chelsea too.

I give Spurs and Arsenal 65 points at the end of the season. Spurs might exceed that and what with being 3rd at the moment, and they way the team is playing, I'd put them ahead of Arsenal and even Chelsea.

Most certainly going by form. But they are still to play 4 out of the top 5 sides. And out of their 11 remaining games 7 of those are against top 10 sides aswell as still being in the EL. I would not bet on them to finish ahead of both Arsenal and Chelsea. Fourth i'd say is realistic for them, but with their remaining fixtures i doubt it.