You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he?

6 months time, this manager is sacked. Another 6 months, another one sacked. We'll see Rafa next year when people finally admit that managers make a big difference. Its not just a bloke putting out 11 players to do their thing

Then will our best manager for the last 20 years return and bring us back to being a club feared throughout Europe.

Dream on dreamer.

Now that rodgers is all but in the manager's chair, will he now reluctantly move away from Liverpool in the expectation of landing a big job somewhere else?.

How does that work exactly? You have an 'expectation' of working 'somewhere else'. So where do you move to? Newcastle? Barcelona? Milan?

Guest davelfc

Rodgers' impending appointment has received a mixed reception. Although former and current Liverpool stars believe he deserves a chance, it seems as though many would prefer the reinstatement of Rafa Benitez.

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler believes Rodgers has warned next season may be another testing one for the Anfield faithful.

'For what Brendan Rodgers has achieved at Swansea, he deserves huge respect,' Fowler told paddypower.com.

He's worked under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea so he knows the score and he's worked with top players.

'It'd be a massive step-up for Rodgers to manage Liverpool, if he gets the job, as expected now.

'The new manager will need to bring in new players again to take Liverpool from a top-eight club to a top-four club.

'I have to say it, right now the 2012/2013 season looks like it's going to be another difficult one for Liverpool fans.'

Fowler felt former manager Rafael Benitez would have been the sensible option, even though FSG discounted him very early on in the process, but had concerns over long-time front-runner Wigan boss Roberto Martinez.

'Sacking Kenny certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea. Certainly not mine,' Fowler added.

'But football is big business. John Henry and the Fenway Sports Group have put a lot of cash into Liverpool so they can do what they want, really.

'I like stability at a club. You can't just keep getting rid of players or managers.

'How long has Alex Ferguson been at Old Trafford? Nobody gets that chance now.

'My old boss, Rafa Benitez, who was an early contender to go back to Anfield, would have learned from his mistakes and could have done a job there again.

'That said, I know people who have worked with Roberto Martinez and rate him highly. He's done a fantastic job at Wigan.

'But that in itself worried me. Liverpool is a big club with big standards. Wigan is a little club.

'What worried me is that, sure, Martinez brought Wigan on a run at the end of the season and they avoided relegation but what about the 30 games before that?'

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina admitted he would have liked to have seen Benitez return.

'For many of my colleagues and me, Rafa Benitez would be the ideal candidate," he said.

'It is true I'm not objective, it is the coach who most shaped me ... [he] is the best.'

Read more: Brendan Rodgers on brink of Liverpool deal | Mail Online

How quickly will Code change his avatar now?

How does that work exactly? You have an 'expectation' of working 'somewhere else'. So where do you move to? Newcastle? Barcelona? Milan?

How does it work? He moved to Liverpool when he left Valencia. Dickhead.

Not surprised nobs like 'davelfc' have turned this thread into some sort of moral crusade. It was a straightforward question not a 'fuck off bentiez!' rant that davelfc and other drivelmongers have turned it into. Even captain has started his shit 'why dont you support your local team?' bullshit.

Top poster in this thread so far? You guessed it, Code!!

Once again posting more times in a Rafa thread than anyone else.

Obviously only because I have been asked direct questions and I have the decency to answer them.

I dont really think I have a single post about Rafa in this thread.

Not boasting about it you prik. Just pointing out the moral crusaders on this site dont know their dick from their nose when judging people.

Carry on.

Let me judge then.

This is a snide thread started by a fucking snide cunt.

Now you can fuck off. On ignore you go.

Now that rodgers is all but in the manager's chair, will he now reluctantly move away from Liverpool in the expectation of landing a big job somewhere else?

Thanks for 2005 and all the other good times you gave us, Boss.

Even amongst the realms of TLW Rafa threads, this opener is notable for its stupidity.

Rafa lives here because it's his home. Why would he uproot his family and go elsewhere to look for a job? (You're not Norman Tebbitt are you?)

Wirral is both Cheshire AND Merseyside, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Yes. Yes they are. They are two distinct local government areas. (Well, three, now that Cheshire has been split, east and west.)

Didn't you once say something about a career in politics?

Even amongst the realms of TLW Rafa threads, this opener is notable for its stupidity.

Rafa lives here because it's his home. Why would he uproot his family and go elsewhere to look for a job? (You're not Norman Tebbitt are you?)

Spain is his home you bellwhiff. England just happens to be his current place of residence.

My point, lost on many people was, now Rodgers is manager there is no chance of him being appointed our manager again. Him setting roots here is I think part of the reason he hasnt accepted other jobs since Inter because he didnt want to move away while he had the possibility of becoming Liverpool manager again.

Despite what some other tithead has said, its not a snidey thread one bit but, join the moral crusaders.

Spain is his home you bellwhiff. England just happens to be his current place of residence.

My point, lost on many people was, now Rodgers is manager there is no chance of him being appointed our manager again. Him setting roots here is I think part of the reason he hasnt accepted other jobs since Inter because he didnt want to move away while he had the possibility of becoming Liverpool manager again.

Despite what some other tithead has said, its not a snidey thread one bit but, join the moral crusaders.

As has been pointed out, this has been his current place of residence for 8 years. It's where his children go to school. It's where he and his wife like to live. Even when he got a job in Milan, he didn't up sticks. He lives here, in Caldy (Merseyside!) because he likes it and his family are happy - not because he's waiting for a job.

Consider this - if he had moved back to Spain, would his name not have been linked to the vacant manager's post?

As has been pointed out, this has been his current place of residence for 8 years. It's where his children go to school. It's where he and his wife like to live. Even when he got a job in Milan, he didn't up sticks. He lives here, in Caldy (Merseyside!) because he likes it and his family are happy - not because he's waiting for a job.

Consider this - if he had moved back to Spain, would his name not have been linked to the vacant manager's post?

That's my point! When you have roots somewhere, in this case here, you dont always give you full commitment to things. You also turn down opportunities because you hope something may turn up where you live!

As I said, read the original post, how can I be having a snidey go or, want shut of him when I've said 'Thanks for 2005 and everything Boss'!

Im not questioning whether he would have been linked with this job again, Im questioning whether he will now move to better his chances of a job.

I dont see what his nationality has to do with this. Did I raise it in my original post? NO!!

I try to stay out of Rafa threads, but I have to say this.

I really liked, no I pretty much loved Rafa in his first few years at the club. He did get six years, thats a little more than half a decade, to get it right but failed and was rightly moved on - regardless of who made the decision and who succeeded him.

Six years and a higher net spend for that period than anyone in the league bar Chelsea is enough chances, sadly he didn't take them. He is in no fucking way a secure choice for success and does not deserve another shot as long as there are talented managers out there we can get.