You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fuck sake, there's worse things about this club other than Jay Spearing. Is there a Stewart Downing thread? He's been horrific!!!!! Jay hasn't been horrific this season, he's had one or two bad games but overall his commitment tenacity desire far out weight most of the drivel we've watched from some of our more experienced pro's

If you remember Jaime Carragher's early career, what was he good at when he was as young as Jay and as inexperienced as jay? He looked fairly ropey to me when he was at Jay's stage of development but he showed commitment tenacity desire, and Carra ended up turning into a legend at this club.

Downing, Kuyt, Adam amongst others are far more worrying to me considering their experience and the stages of their careers they are at, not a young developing Jay Spearing.

He's local and a great character on the field. A decent squad player, at least until we progress a couple of levels. Can come in and do a decent job when surrounded by better players. Especially against better teams. When like today we are facing supposedly weaker opposition and we need to dictate play it's evident that he's far from good enough. Our lack of pace and movement in attack makes it worse of course as options for a good pass become limited.

Guest ShoePiss

It was always going to be tough for him stepping in to replace Lucas who was proving to be one of the best in the league in that position. Overall I don't think Spearing has been terrible but he clearly isn't good enough at this point in his career (23 years old).

He's shit too. Henderson is shit. Spearing is shit. They always have been. They always will be.

What's the big debate? We all know it. We always have known it. Hardly a fucking surprise is it?

'oh wait a sec, he's fucking shit'

Yeah. Welcome to now. Where have you been?

I think we've all given him enough benefit of doubt now. Scouse Jay, give him a chance Rafa, give him a chance Woy, Give him a chance Kenny.

He got his chance and I think sadly he'd be a boss player at a low level Prem side or a top half Championship side but despite the odd cracker peformance never be a top level Prem player.

Shame.

It should be obvious that Speo just isn't good enough for a first team jersey, but I will say this in Jay's defence : the kid has heart and bottle and doesn't go hiding like a cowardly shithouse.

We have several other multi million pound players in our midfield who I couldn't say that about.

The fact he could not get in the starting line up at Leicester when on loan a couple of seasons back should have told the story. Good lad but not and never has been good enough.

What are you on about, he started 7 games including a play off game and had 2 as a sub!

We do need another midfielder who can play alongside Lucas and cover him if injured again, but Spearing is a squad player, one who will always do his best when called upon. Utd have been using similar types of players of similar quality who have come through their ranks for years, they've just had more quality alongside them.

What are you on about, he started 7 games including a play off game and had 2 as a sub!

We do need another midfielder who can play alongside Lucas and cover him if injured again, but Spearing is a squad player, one who will always do his best when called upon. Utd have been using similar types of players of similar quality who have come through their ranks for years, they've just had more quality alongside them.

I was going on some duff info then from my LCFC supporting cousin. Still not good enough for me, but as others have said, there are far more concerning issues who cost £15 million plus.

Shelvey has shown more in half a dozen games than Spearing and Henderson' date=' Spearing is a good red and works hard but is not good enough, he's 24 now as well 4 years older than Shelvey, he's nowhere near good enough sadly.[/quote']

Jonjo had a nightmare second half but I think he's a better prospect then Spearing and Henderson. I think Speo will end up like El Zhar as one of our oldest youngsters ever