You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton at Home 13/03/2012

Xherdan

Guest davelfc

Yep special mention for Carroll who played with some skill and composure tonight. There's a footballer in there after all.

I too like Kenny fail to have the words to describe just how brilliant Gerrard is.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll bossed them alright. Great win. Well deserved. We look much better when Carroll,Gerrard and Suarez all start. Great team performance. Never tire of thrashing that shower of blue shite.

We have to keep these 3 in the side no matter what. Carroll creates so much space for the other 2.

I think the whole team was fantastic tonight.

Sometimes people will say that when it really isn't the case.

But tonight everyone looked well up for it.

People can say all they want about Everton being poor and such, but we were very good tonight. If we played like that against the other small clubs in the league week in week out we'd be nailed on for a CL spot.

In fact we have played that good in many games, tonight though we actually took our chances. Well Stevie did that is.

If we are relying on Stevie to get us up where we belong

I don't want to rely solely on Stevie, either, and I didn't say that.

I merely pointed out how vital he still is - and I was delighted to do so - because, if you read through posts over the last couple of years, it's a fact that has attracted some doubters. Including me perhaps.

Wont see the game until thurs / fri when the dvd arrives from me dad (the sky subscriber) but it looks like the team read my post: the one about 'attitude' and 'clinical finishing'.

Ey! Kenny! Got any assistant coaching jobs going?

Just skipped through the game again on sky+. The first 5 minutes of the second half was masterful stuff. I remember thinking at the time that we were under the cosh at the start of the second half but in reality they never really had a sniff, then the speed we hit them on the break was something else. Henderson's pass to Suarez was absolute class. Marvellous stuff.

MASSIVE mention for Martin Skrtel. The bloke is in world class form right now and I'm made ujp for him.

Some serious man-love going on between Suarez and Gerrard tonight. Normally such public display of affection between two consenting male adults would bring a reaction not too dissimilar to my first ever Goatse (you homophobic twat...) but bugger me sideways with a rubber John Holmes replica dick, that really is pleasing in the eye.

Superior players + excellent off-the-ball movement + slick passing + shooting boots ON + Anfield crowd = bumming for the opposition. Easy peasy, this footballing malarkey.

To be fair he had a good game. I called that wrong.

I get the feeling he was only given the game because of his yellow and red card record (the highest in the Premier League) in the hope he'd be showing it at least once to us or Everton. Alas, that backfired as I think he only pulled them out twice I think?

Have to hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong.

Thought we were going to be embaressed last night on current form, but form goes out the window when we play that mob, but it just makes it all the more infuriating as a performance like that would've beaten Sunderland and Arsenal.

Just do that again against Stoke and another trip to London is on.

Thought we were going to be embarrassed last night on current form, but form goes out the window when we play that mob, but it just makes it all the more infuriating as a performance like that would've beaten Sunderland and Arsenal.

Not sure that is quite fair. The performance against sunderland was so bad it makes us think things have been worse than they have. The performance against Arsenal was excellent, probably better than last night in terms of football, and if they hadnt had RVP and we didnt have an addiction to striking wood, we'd have won that game easily.

Having said that, i wasnt full of confident last night either.

A fantastic evening, and a great result. It is also just what we needed prior to the Cup game.

It was also a reminder of the difference that class makes.

It's also a reminder of how important a proper even pitch is to our game. Against Sunderland the pitch was a disgrace and it slowed everything down. This allowed them to defend in numbers all day long and we couldn't break them down. Everton came out and allowed space and we were able to create chances. Stevie makes a huge difference also as he is a super finisher.

Don't wish to rain on the parade but did anyone else realise that Gollum probably had some of his best players on the bench? Drenthe is good but didn't start, Jelevic is better than "Rapist Eyes" Squalachi or whatever his name is and Cahill (who used to score off us for fun) was among the others, all kicking their heels until it dawned on Gollum of the serious hiding that was on the cards and he brought them all on.

I began thinking "has Gollum sacrificed the derby in order to keep his main strike force fresh for the FA Cup game this weekend?" So I put the question to a Bitter Blue mate of mine and he was in total agreement and said thats whats been said on some of the forums. They are fuming at his selection apparently.

Can anyone confirm this?

Not even Hodgson would've tried pulling that one off especially in a derby yet this man is always put in the frame for one of the big jobs when they become available. Would still like them and us to come through our Cup games and face each other at Wembly!

A thoroughly deserved victory, with some excellent performances. Without disrespecting Johnson, the defence does seem to have a better balance with Kelly in it though, good to see he has been taking lessons from Johnson about how to break forward and join the play as he was superb again tonight.