You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez suspension begin tonight

Ahmad Sufi

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See both sides of this decision really.

Would have liked the club to back up their support of Luis by continuing to appeal the decision.

However..

What is the fucking point? What chance did we ever have? It's clear the FA have had it in for us on this since Day 1. They wanted their scapegoat and they were going to do every fucking thing they could in their power to stitch him up. And they have done that. The 115 page document is full of holes. They've admitted that they've took Evra's word over Luis', basically with no other evidence that that. We wouldn't have a prayer in an appeal. The club know it.

I backed an appeal but I just don't see the point. All it's doing is delaying the inevitable.

Guest San Don

Shocked and disappointed by this, imo we have a good case that perhaps with hindsight, was not well presented. But that in itself shouldnt prevent an appeal.

There are too many people here who say our legal team were shit so we couldnt appeal. Well, there are plenty of appeals carries out where the decision may go against you one or two times but eventually you get the right decision.

Clearly, the club's statement shows they are not going to allow some people's absurd perception that the club supports racism. It does not.

The club also takes another swipe at evra and united for their underhand tricks in all of this. Anyone who thinks ferguson will not stop at anything to prevent us 'getting back on our perch' is fucking deluded. He started it with his 'going to ground too easily' statement.

I can only assume the club have accepted the ban as starting tonight as it gives the minimum length of time even though its still 8 games..

I'm absolutely fucking disgusted with our owners.

Tehy can fuck off now as far as I'm concerned the gutless, pathetic cunts.

Why didn't they do this tomorrow and have him play agsint arguably the best team in the league?? Didn't we still have ages left???

Fucking useless cunts.

One second you're morally outraged at the decision, and the next you're questioning their skill at cynical gamesmanship?

I understand that you're upset, Tom, but seriously. You're acting like a woman.

Guest ShoePiss

The FA would have upheld the ban, I like the statement and I fucking love that Suarez will be back against the scum.

Score against them and win.

Well I've been happy with how things have been going on the pitch, Kenny has been instilling what looks like a top class approach to playing football, for the most part player recruitment has been good, we've got some top class coaches in etc... etc...

Things are looking good in that respect.

But still we seem to be unprofessional verging on borderline incompetent in some respects off the field. This is a real kick in the balls. And incredibly frustrating knowing what we all know, that the FA's house is built on a foundation of lies.

I really hope something is done off the field in terms of making things better organized and more professional in how we deal with everything, not just things of this nature.

I also hope we do our utmost to make the FA's lives a fucking misery if its justified from here on in. But I don't hold out much hope for that. The name of the game seems to be bow down and hold your tongue and we have naively gone on for years thinking that everythings fair and right in the game. Its fucking bullshit and some people need some serious educating.

But most of all I hope we do our best to help Luis through all this. Many people say he'll leave, I honestly don't know if he will. Its too early to know, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. We've shown him loyalty but this whole issue goes beyond more than that. We can offer him loyalty but we can't take back the cock ups we've made or make his life any easier now.

I know some people will say the 100,000 odd grand a week will help, but no matter how much I make I wouldn't live happily be unjustly labelled a racist.

Agree with all that, except, I don't think Kenny will let the bending over and lubing shit continue. He knows that costs you.

Guest ShoePiss
One second you're morally outraged at the decision, and the next you're questioning their skill at cynical gamesmanship?

I understand that you're upset, Tom, but seriously. You're acting like a woman.

He was hysterical before this news came out.

Guest ShoePiss
Right, all the people hammering the club, we appeal, obviously fail as anyone who seriously believes the FA would back down is delusional, at best the suspension stays the same, at worst extended. Then what geniuses?

Exactly the way I feel about it.

FUCKIN FUMIN!!!

I understand why LFC dont want to take this any further and we were probably going to fight an already loosing battle.

The only thing that gets me, is that is kind of sends out the wrong message, all these gobshites will begin asking for LFC to make an apology and they will now be even more determined that Luis is guilty.

Im gutted to tell the truth, he is innocent as he hasnt been proven guilty yet. The fact we released this statement tonight rather than tomorrow proves his head isnt in it to play, he must be feeling so low right now, and it boils down to that cunt ferguson, its all down to that horrible nasty cunt!!! He has got what he wanted, as always.

Absolutely gutted. Lets just shut everyone upo with a win tonight for Luis. Would love a player to score and show a Luis shirt underneath, who gives a fuck what the country says! I hate them all.

YNWA

Whether you agree or not it is a pragmatic and "smart" decision. The club is taking the position that no matter how strong the case, it can't win. Once the FA decision was taken, and it was done so with the aim of making an example, not justice, LFC faced an uphill struggle. I hope we've learned something and I know there'll be an opportunity to see justice prevail in the end. The fans will be mollified by a big signing later this month and Luis will be back to a seriously big welcome to play the Devil's Own on their pile.

The FA would have upheld the ban, I like the statement and I fucking love that Suarez will be back against the scum.

Score against them and win.

I agree. He never stood a chance in any way or form which absolutely flattens to know that people involved in this know they have conspired to put a young family man in the dock for their self serving purposes.

We now move on and get through January ready for the lads return against spurs before the other pair of cunts.

I can't fucking wait

At least we went down swinging this evening.

Those statements at least will draw a tiny bit of attention from the idiotic masses and the media that feed them.

We might even see a tiny bit of proper journalism over the next few days which highlights all the biased bullshit in the FA's report. Unlikely though.

I'd love it if we don't let it rest. Not to mean we go gung-ho. But we subtlety continue to try and bring it into the public domain.

It's shit.

They've made Kenny look a fool and hung Suarez out to dry.

A big signing in January won't fucking mollify me, but getting rid of Ayres and our entire legal dept in the most public way possible would be a fucking good start.

Absolute fucking dickheads.

Moores, Parry, White, Purslow, Hicks & Gillett, now this.

Will we ever, ever fucking learn.

Guest San Don

As the ban starts immediately, will the club play him in the reserves?

owen coyle played for burnley against us 2 years ago in the reserves so age isnt an issue is it? the commission also makes clear the ban applied to first team competition and the reserves clearly are not that.

The sooner Suarez serves the over the top 8 match ban the sooner he'll be back.

He'll be so missed. The guy is special and he is ours.

We're big enough to take it. Anyway Evra hasn't been totally vindicated, he just performed better as a witness.

At least via the club's statement the FA are under no illusion that we couldn't see through their despicable machinations.

Anyway let's console ourselves with the fact that the scum are going crazy over the absence of an apology for one Evra. And their facile attempts at taking the moral high ground. Deluded gobshites. They so wanted an appeal so they had something to preach about.

Onwards and upwards as they say.