You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

51 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s absolutely not what I said.  

My homophobia was rooted (phnarr) in the religious instruction I received over 14 yrs.  I hope you aren’t denying my personal experience.  As soon as I met openly gay people I realised they were not devils, or likely to try and convert me (too ugly, small dick). 

Maybe you need to put down the Sam Harris podcasts and get out and meet some Muslims. Looks like it worked for you in the 80s and 90s with gay people. Never too late to leave all that indoctrination behind and become a Harris apostate.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Maybe you need to put down the Sam Harris podcasts and get out and meet some Muslims. Looks like it worked for you in the 80s and 90s with gay people. Never too late to leave all that indoctrination behind and become a Harris apostate.

Maybe you need to stop talking about stuff you have absolutely no knowledge about. Although to be fair that would end the forum. 

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd say so. I've pulled up people on here for using that word before.

Obviously it's not in the same league of racism as a person who thinks religious extremism is bad, but yeah.

You’d think so... but is Italian a race? Cos that’s what the Anglos call Italians here for example.

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

But what are "Muslims as a group" but all individual Muslims taken together?

So you still contend that the next Muslim person you meet is likely to believe in FGM and honour killing.

I noticed you dropped an objection to homosexuality here. What about that?  

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I noticed you dropped an objection to homosexuality here. What about that?  

I don't recall having asked you about homosexuality.

I asked you if you believed that the next Muslim person you meet is likely to believe in FGM and honour killing.

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m not homophobic now, I was when I was younger. I mean, 14 years of Catholic education in the 70’s makes a mark. Now, is that my fault, or the religion?  

To be fair the Catholic church have shown a lot of form for having no issues with homosexuality, it's perfectly fine if you happen to be a priest for instance. 

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Based on the last page of posts I would be worried about that if a Catholic showed up.

See above. If you're under 16 and it's a priest I'd suggest you get away sharpish.

1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

To be fair the Catholic church have shown a lot of form for having no issues with homosexuality, it's perfectly fine if you happen to be a priest for instance. 

See above, if you're under 16 and it's a priest I'd suggest you get away sharpish.

I’ve no idea why people keep mentioning the Catholic’s.  Whataboutery. I think they are bent bastards too. An entire fucking industry of kiddy fuckers.  If it was a business that had covered up wrong doing on this scale it would have been closed years ago. Remember I think they are all fucking mental. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve no idea why people keep mentioning the Catholic’s.  Whataboutery. I think they are bent bastards too. An entire fucking industry of kiddy fuckers.  If it was a business that had covered up wrong doing on this scale it would have been closed years ago. Remember I think they are all fucking mental. 

Erm, look at your quoted post, I was quoting you mentioning Catholic education!

I was doing fuck all whataboutery, simply pointing out how the Catholic church anti gay shit is massively hypocritical as when it turns out one of their priests does it they simply move them on and try to keep it quiet. And clearly not on a one off basis, it's been a systematic continuous thing for many years. 

I'm with Doug Stanhope when it comes to the Catholic Church. 

What I would say is when they talk about Muslim grooming gangs is that the Muslim part is irrelevant, Muslim, Catholic, Atheist or whatever flavour you use, if you're taking people and exploiting them like that for personal gain you should be shoved in a hole under the prison and never allowed to see the light of day again in my opinion.

But then we do fuck all about that, because you know, money from that shit being used to prop up the governments in the middle east who we decide are on our side means it's all fucking fine.

It's not like we have the largest money laundering centre in the world in the middle of our capital city and just let the fuckers of all persuasions merrily get on with profiting from trafficking kids, women, guns or whatever else they want to just so the bankers and money men can keep propping up the cunts who are elected. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I remember posting on here, just after a predictably terrible report about the church funding activities to hound and discredit victims of abuse, that anyone who still considers themselves a Catholic and goes along to Church and pops some cash in the plate is a paedophile enabler.  Didn't go down too well, as I recall. 

I don't think that you can necessarily say the same about Muslims and various unsavouriness due to the more fractured organisation of the religion. 

I would however propose that anyone who actively went along to a Mosque where the Imam was promoting violent jihad, fgm or whatever is worthy of the same harsh judgement.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Maybe you need to stop talking about stuff you have absolutely no knowledge about. Although to be fair that would end the forum. 

To be fair if you thought about doing the same there'd be less angst and people wouldn't feel the need to travel half way across Germany to try and fill you in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

To be fair if you thought about doing the same there'd be less angst and people wouldn't feel the need to travel half way across Germany to try and fill you in.

Ha ha, he’s not going anywhere near Berlin. He’s painted himself into a corner quite beautifully.  

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha, he’s not going anywhere near Berlin. He’s painted himself into a corner quite beautifully.  

Oh no, Rico and his Tory spin again. You are the one who said he didn't want to meet up, and driving to Berlin to listen to you shout for security doesn't appeal. If it makes you feel better though you can carry on spinning your usual shit, you've painted more corners than Banksy in your never ending search for on-line confrontation to fill that void of yours. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Oh no, Rico and his Tory spin again. You are the one who said he didn't want to meet up, and driving to Berlin to listen to you shout for security doesn't appeal. If it makes you feel better though you can carry on spinning your usual shit, you've painted more corners than Banksy in your never ending search for on-line confrontation to fill that void of yours. 

Are you drunk again?  I’m happy to meet you, I just said I don’t want to spend any time with you.  If I see a one armed man with dodgy knees and a dicky ticker I’ll break into a brisk jog.  That should keep me safe.  Im happy to tell you to your face that I don’t like you and think you are a fucking mentalist. 

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you drunk again?  I’m happy to meet you, I just said I don’t want to spend any time with you.  If I see a one armed man with dodgy knees and a dicky ticker I’ll break into a brisk jog.  That should keep me safe.  Im happy to tell you to your face that I don’t like you and think you are a fucking mentalist. 

Jesus, here you go again with unfounded insults. I had an operation on my shoulder, they didn't amputate my arm, despite constant pain in my shoulder I can still use it. My knees are fine, I've never had a problem with them and I have a stent in my Heart which is fully under control, I'm also not in a wheelchair being as that is another favourite insult of yours. I'm up to 1.92 million steps this year at an average of over 13.000 a day which equates to two marathons a week, not bad for someone who is apparently at deaths door. I'll just let you rattle on though as it is tedious, a waste of time and more fool me for engaging in your search for confrontation to fill your void. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Jesus, here you go again with unfounded insults. I had an operation on my shoulder, they didn't amputate my arm, despite constant pain in my shoulder I can still use it. My knees are fine, I've never had a problem with them and I have a stent in my Heart which is fully under control, I'm also not in a wheelchair being as that is another favourite insult of yours. I'm up to 1.92 million steps this year at an average of over 13.000 a day which equates to two marathons a week, not bad for someone who is apparently at deaths door. I'll just let you rattle on though as it is tedious, a waste of time and more fool me for engaging in your search for confrontation to fill your void. 

Brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

My pedometers disagree more often than the average GF poster. Google Fit says I did 10,469 steps yesterday and 7.13km. Samsung Health says 9,319 steps, but 7.33km.

Knowing you though mate you probably put your phone in your pocket when walking the bog for a shit. Just to get them numbers up. 

The pedometer equivalent of repping yourself.