You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

So you make the competition you have better, not introduce another one at the detriment of test cricket and all other domestic cricket. 

Capitalism, my good man.  Fuck cricket.

Have you bought your BBC Hundred rosary beads yet?

39 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The only thing they’ve got right is terrestrial telly, and they could have done that simply by improving their current T20 competition. 

Without binning off the domestic 50 over competition and delivering about the worst possible preparation for two huge test series for the national team.

I think they’re sore at missing out on the big bucks for T20. Our league is crap compared to the IPL and one or two others and they’re hoping this takes off in a similar way. 

Yeah, The IPL is good and all that, but do they have Jake Bugg performing his new single for all the kids at Trent Bridge between innings? I think not. 

Delayed toss because of a bit of rain at half nine. Because of a delayed toss, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to delay the start. Walked out at 11:15 and seven spots of rain dropped on to the pitch so they walked off without a single delivery, when they could have been playing for the previous half an hour.

Excellent stuff all round.

21 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Delayed toss because of a bit of rain at half nine. Because of a delayed toss, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to delay the start. Walked out at 11:15 and seven spots of rain dropped on to the pitch so they walked off without a single delivery, when they could have been playing for the previous half an hour.

Excellent stuff all round.

It's Lord's the home of cricket.....Have you ever tried eating caviar and blini's when they're wet ?

33 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not been great but quite a few play and misses like the penultimate evening of the first test. Lifey's mate excelling in that last over.

I think I've developed the same loathing for Sibley that Lifey has for SC. Initially made up to hear that Hameed was in the team, and then immediately horrified to see that Sibley survived the chop. Crawley's been underwhelming lately, but he at least plays shots and offers the potential for a big score. Sibley just continues to impersonate a hermit crab and invite pressure. The Aussies will be delighted to face a meek opener like him in Perth.