You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I thought his dad was Scottish? Peter Coates?

So Spanish phonetics of the British name would sound like .. Co -at - es

Yeah that's what I meant, was wondering if convention for pronounciation of non-Hispanic South American names (since there's a lot of them especially in Argentina/Uruguay) was to be phonetic with Spanish, or retain the the original native pronounciation.

Suppose it'll be whatever the lad himself wants. Maybe he'll do a Dirk and announce on MOTD that he's too laid back to actually give a shit either way. Assuming he actually arrives of course.

Hope that we get this wrapped up today, or that I wake up to the news tomorrow. The last thing I want is a night sat in front of the BBC auto-refresh deadline day page, or some SSN stream with Brian "FERRRNNNANDO TORRES....IS A CHELSEA PLAYER!!!!!!" Swanson making me want to kick the screen in every time he raises his voice.

Who is Neil Ashton?

I think google just said he was a Daily Fail journo who then went to NoTW.... So back to waiting it is.

Ex NOTW sports journo.

Missed that, thanks. Still not believing it until it's on the offal or someone reliable follows it up though.

Co-ar-tes whoa oh

Co-ar-tes whoa oh oh oh

He's brilliant on the ball

He's nearly seven foot tall

Co-ar-tes whoa oh.

Interesting article on the BBC sport website from Tim Vickery the South American correspondent ( Don't waste your life on the comments after it though - full of Manc losers )

Sebastian Coates will become a player in Liverpool today.

With Vice President Héctor Olmos, manager Alex Saul and legal counsel on labor rights and Dr. James Baraibar in England, all that remains for sale concrete is a conversation between the formal and official representatives of the cast tricolor and English that was developing this afternoon.

"Negotiation is fine in a few hours we will be coming to an agreement by all parties. Missing some details and sign all documentation," Olmos said today New Era 1010.

"There is still no final decision, but reach an agreement soon. We're pretty close to the economic objectives with some modifications. We are close Logar improved quite important," he added.

Nacional da as good the offer from Liverpool, but will negotiate to achieve a higher yield and improved payment terms.

Olmos said last night in the first talks between representatives of both clubs in England lived "tense moments, but it ended up like civilized people."

Albo vice president said the leaders of Liverpool already accomplished the work permit for Coates, who, thus, was entitled to officially debut at his new club.

"They did it today. They went to London and get all the documentation so you can play," he said.

FINDING. What most interested in corroborating the National leadership is that indeed, as announced by the Anfield club in response to a specific query, there is no intermediary in the operation, but club is a club. If so, sign the documents (there is already a draft) and Coates, who has agreed to his salary, will be a "Red."

Google translation

Sebastian Coates will become a player in Liverpool today.

With Vice President Héctor Olmos, manager Alex Saul and legal counsel on labor rights and Dr. James Baraibar in England, all that remains for sale concrete is a conversation between the formal and official representatives of the cast tricolor and English that was developing this afternoon.

"Negotiation is fine in a few hours we will be coming to an agreement by all parties. Missing some details and sign all documentation," Olmos said today New Era 1010.

"There is still no final decision, but reach an agreement soon. We're pretty close to the economic objectives with some modifications. We are close Logar improved quite important," he added.

Nacional da as good the offer from Liverpool, but will negotiate to achieve a higher yield and improved payment terms.

Olmos said last night in the first talks between representatives of both clubs in England lived "tense moments, but it ended up like civilized people."

Albo vice president said the leaders of Liverpool already accomplished the work permit for Coates, who, thus, was entitled to officially debut at his new club.

"They did it today. They went to London and get all the documentation so you can play," he said.

FINDING. What most interested in corroborating the National leadership is that indeed, as announced by the Anfield club in response to a specific query, there is no intermediary in the operation, but club is a club. If so, sign the documents (there is already a draft) and Coates, who has agreed to his salary, will be a "Red."

Google translation

All I can hear in my head is Steve Mclaren's voice when I read this.