You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Alternative Summer 2011 Thread for Positive People

RedinSweden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Same as always, really. Not my first choice by a long shot, but if that's who the manager wants, it's best to get him quick and get him settled. Same as all the other players.

Hope we're not losing Raul though, at least not unless we're getting some quality in as a replacement.

Are you sure? I havent seen them say anything of the sort, just a load of people getting carried away at Tony Barrett tweeting to his boss "check your text messages".

Could well be, I was more entertained by the classic RaWK reactions than actually following the tweets.

Just wanted to make a big deal out of a Tuesday... before we made a big deal on a Tuesday.

The two Times Tony's saying they have a big story for Tuesday. RaWK think it's bollocks (while still fawning over that thommo guy). IMMI-fuckin-NENT.

TB is on holiday and tweeted tonight he knows nothing about football however TE did leave a crypitc tweet and us getting our fix soon enough

There could be some developments tomorrow regarding Downing.

Could also be something happening with Aquilani and Meireles soon as well.

You sure, regarding Downing ?

McLeish saying that Young is off, but he wants to speak to Downing and does not want to sell him at all. Could have to hand in transfer request if thats what you might be alluding too but I think its doubtful we'll have any news soon on that one.

There could be some developments tomorrow regarding Downing.

Could also be something happening with Aquilani and Meireles soon as well.

Sound. The sooner we get people in the better, I reckon. (And out, for that matter.)

TB is on holiday and tweeted tonight he knows nothing about football however TE did leave a crypitc tweet and us getting our fix soon enough

I know Nick, I was just joking about the misunderstanding that followed their joking about the misunderstanding which was caused by Evans joking around. Understand?

McLeish saying that Young is off, but he wants to speak to Downing and does not want to sell him at all. Could have to hand in transfer request if thats what you might be alluding too but I think its doubtful we'll have any news soon on that one.

Agreed, while Downing might want out and players usually get what they want I think Villa will put up a hell of a fight. Theyve already lost Young, opinion on the owner is as low as its been so I certainly cant see this happening anytime soon.

Anyone seen the latest edition of 'Match' magazine? My son got it the other day and on page 48 Marc Albrighton names his favourite football moment...Liverpool in Istanbul! Good taste that lad.

I've said it before on the negative thread but I'll say it again, I think he would make a good fit for us. Young, good crosser and more likely to be released than Downing now that Young is off as well plus I reckon he'd be cheaper option than us going after Downing.

We are going to get shot of the chaf, buy some good players and shock the league by winning it.

Room for one more on the delusion train? I was just thinking this whole winning the league thing, because you know, having experienced this as a supporter who grew up in the 80s, I really don't think I'm expecting too much. Of course my friends didn't believe me when I said before the Chelsea match that the tide was turning for us. Crazy talk, they said.

I booked a first class seat on that delusion train.

All depends on the deals that we do. Appreciate the other teams will be stronger but our lack of 'european distraction' and the Kings influence has got to make us contenders.

If we are in the leading pack at the turn of the year we will have a strong finish while the others will be fatigued by European football.

I can dream.....

I'm not saying that he'll sign today or anything mate, just that we'll be making another bid this morning.

theliverpoolway The Liverpool Way

Downing and Carroll are both on holiday in Ibiza, so pic is legit. LFC bidding today, Downing on stand by to fly back if accepted by Villa.

theliverpoolway The Liverpool Way

RT @ElNino_StevieG: Latest on Adam? ---> no idea about other targets, I only know about downing as I know someone connected to him.

Our first bid was £12M and was flat out rejected in a kind of, 'piss off and come back when you're serious' kind of way.

No idea how much this next bid will be but my guess is around £15M. Not sure if it's even gone in to be honest.

Our first bid was £12M and was flat out rejected in a kind of, 'piss off and come back when you're serious' kind of way.

No idea how much this next bid will be but my guess is around £15M. Not sure if it's even gone in to be honest.

Oh, I thought we only offered 10 because there was talk about doubling our offer or something.

Did Villa learn nothing from the Barry saga?