You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina has played at his top level in many games this season, but he has also had some stinkers. He was flapping again yesterday when he came for a ball. He's allowed a bit of a poor season having been so good for so long, but no way should he be considered for player of the season this year.

Guest PurpleNose
A question. Since Lucas is almost the only one being put down as player of the season why is he only fourth in the player of the season poll run by Morse? Are people not remembering the whole season when putting him down as the player of the season or is there something wrong with the player of the season threads run by Morse?

Personally I'd say Gerrard has probably been our best player of the season, though he has been missing for some games now.

Because the points are only for the top three places. You could be motm for 2 games and utter shite for the rest of the season and you'd end up with more points than someone who was 4th best performer in every single game.

It doesn't measure consistency.

A question. Since Lucas is almost the only one being put down as player of the season why is he only fourth in the player of the season poll run by Morse? Are people not remembering the whole season when putting him down as the player of the season or is there something wrong with the player of the season threads run by Morse?

The two big problems with Morse's man of the match ratings as I see it.

Firstly, Reina gets 1 bonus point for a clean sheet, even if he hasn't had a single save to make in the match.

Secondly, Lucas actually has more top 3 placings in the MOM standings than any other player. However, with 5 points given for 1st and only 1 point for 3rd, the scoring system is biased against consistent performers (such as Lucas) and in favour of those who have the occasional exceptional game. It would be fairer to minimise this effect by awarding points of 3-2-1 rather than 5-3-1 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Guest TK-421

You also get cretins who won't vote for Lucas out of principle and wankers like me who vote for him come what may.

The two big problems with Morse's man of the match ratings as I see it.

Firstly, Reina gets 1 bonus point for a clean sheet, even if he hasn't had a single save to make in the match.

Secondly, Lucas actually has more top 3 placings in the MOM standings than any other player. However, with 5 points given for 1st and only 1 point for 3rd, the scoring system is biased against consistent performers (such as Lucas) and in favour of those who have the occasional exceptional game. It would be fairer to minimise this effect by awarding points of 3-2-1 rather than 5-3-1 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

So, it should be system of more actual votes cast rather the amount of firsts someone gets? ;)

The fact this is virtually impossible shows you what a difficult season it's been, would have to be Reina for me - he's the only one who's never been shit.

All told, it has been a crap season.

I, for one, wouldn't call it "He-Season" (unless you think of Poulsen, Jovanovic and Konchesky as the masters of the Universe).

Lucas easily. Nice to see Code and Stringvest once again cant help embarrassing themselves with tedious hate of two players. Utterly pathetic.

It'll be very interesting to see if you start questioning Kenny next season when both start more games than not. I bet you dont have the balls.

hate? stupid child.