You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck me, I never thought I'd see this day come.

Exactly my thought. Who would have thought that this forum could agree on Lucas being Player Of The Season?

I for sure didn't see this one coming. But a well deserved surprise though.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Liverpool.no.

Points, games and average points.

1.Spearing 83-13-6,38

2.Gerrard 151-24-6,29

3.Reina 292-47-6,21

4.Meireles 222-37-6,00

5.Agger 106-18-5,89

6.Johnson 187-32-5,84

7.Kuyt 214-37-5,78

8.Kelly 126-22-5,73

9.Lucas 229-40-5,73

Suarez 65-9-7,22

Flanagan 28-4-7,00

I've changed my mind. I was going to put Lucas, but I'm now going to say Agger. Or Spearing. I can't work it out.

They know their stuff on that website, and I want in.

Liverpool? No!

Why analyze everything? The op asked who is your player of the season? No need for references to stats and ratings and opinions of other websites if your head says lucas then so be it, those who don't agree should state their preference and stfu.

A question. Since Lucas is almost the only one being put down as player of the season why is he only fourth in the player of the season poll run by Morse? Are people not remembering the whole season when putting him down as the player of the season or is there something wrong with the player of the season threads run by Morse?

Personally I'd say Gerrard has probably been our best player of the season, though he has been missing for some games now.

Of those top 4 though, he is the player that has featured in 1st, 2nd and 3rd most, so maybe he is being praised for consistency.

A question. Since Lucas is almost the only one being put down as player of the season why is he only fourth in the player of the season poll run by Morse? Are people not remembering the whole season when putting him down as the player of the season or is there something wrong with the player of the season threads run by Morse?

Personally I'd say Gerrard has probably been our best player of the season, though he has been missing for some games now.

In every single game (albeit only a few games) Degen played for us he was either man of the match or top 3. Do we want him first choice in the team? No, we don't.

You look over the whole season and the whole performance. Lucas's work in helping Robinson is not shown in stats. Neither is Carras guidance of Flanagan. Harrying midfields into misplaced passes doesn't show upp either. Stats only ever paint a very small part of the big picture.

Suarez without question. Our season only started when he arrived.

I kind of agree with that. For me Suarez has been the cog that's transformed our play. On the ball and off it he is a nightmare for the opposition and he's lifted everybody at the club. Pre January we looked toothless and had no outlet Suarez comes alongside Kenny's brilliance and we are transformed. Everyone is playing better under Kenny.

Lucas would be second for me, he's been excellent and completely proved me to be a clueless mong.

we were winning games with Kenny in charge before Suarez

We won games with Roy too. Suarez is the most exciting prospect we've had since Torres first season. Even with Torres though I never had the buzz I get when I see Suarez turn someone and run at players, he could have 4 infront of him and you still think heres a chance coming up. Love the guy, obviously Kenny is the biggest influence but I can't opt for him as my player of the season. Pre January I could of quite happily sold every damn player.

You say it as it would be difficult.

Believe me its not.

In no particular order, Reina, Agger, Meireles, Suarez, Kelly, Gerrard, Carra for starters.

Let me also add, one Liverpool site rate the players every game.

Lucas is number 9 on that list among the players with 10 games or more, Suarez with just 9 games so far would be top with some fuckin distance as well.

Fair enough shouts all of them, for me though:

Reina: Has not had his best season this year by any means, still class. But has made more errors than I can ever recall, particularly at the start of the season. He has deserved his share of POTS awards, but I just don't feel it's his year.

Agger, Kelly, Gerrard: Are all players that we have missed hugely at times, generally played brilliantly when on field (Gerrard in particular). But they've all been in and out of the side for large parts of the season. All three have missed the best run of form as well (which is important).

Suarez: A dozen games does not a POTS make. His time will definitely come.

Meireles: Definitely one in with a shout, at times he has been lightweight and has had to adapt to the league, which obviously takes some time.

Carra: Lambasted by many and scapegoated as well for his position as a chief exponent of Hodgson-hoof-ball. The guy has actually had a brilliant season defensively, excelling in particular in the games where we have played a little higher up the pitch. We're lucky at Liverpool we have two bona-fide club captains. His name will be on my nice new away shirt, but he's not POTS, Woy made sure of that.

As I've said Lucas had a poor start to the season, but he has come through with flying colours, grown into a player who is willing to take the responsibility and lead a midfield and do it well. He has been a major part of our good form against the top sides, a massive part, and has carried it over to other ties as well. For me he edges it in no small part because of the journey and development he has undergone over the years. You may want to boil it down and pretend that your opinion is somehow backed up by empirical evidence, but ultimately it's a prize borne out of sentiment and if any player reflects our season it's Lucas. He's also turned it around.

But by the same token, you can't give it just for being available either, especially when some of those who have played a lot of games have stunk for most of the season. Lucas has done best out of those players who've played over 30 games.

Of course not, but I doubt Lucas fits into that category.

Since Kenny took over we won 4 out of 6 without suarez and 6 out of 13 with him. He's exciting but he's hardly single handedly turned our season around.

Thats why I called him the cog which has transformed our play, which I think he has been on the pitch his movement and reading of the game but the whole side has improved no doubt and Kenny and his staff have obviously been the main factor. The united game for me and the mugs he made out of so many United players has just give me a buzz that I still haven't dropped, he's such an intelligent footballer and it shows others are benefiting from his game. Im picking him because I've loved watching him, even when he hasnt had a great game he's still been influential. You're probably right I'm giving him way too much credit I can't help it though after the last 18 months he's like a breath of fresh air.

Ive gotta say too Johnson when he's played has been really good he's moved to the left and done a great job. Skrtel has improved and hasn't terrified me much at all. The defence has improved so much you hardly notice Carra is playing. I can't wait for next season.

I've changed my mind. I was going to put Lucas, but I'm now going to say Agger. Or Spearing. I can't work it out.

They know their stuff on that website, and I want in.

Liverpool? No!

Agger played in oner third of the games throughout the season, and in some of them just like a sub. No way he is player of the season.

Meireles or Kuyt, also Suarez and if we could forget whole December then you can count also Skrtel as one of the contenders.

Lucas easily. Nice to see Code and Stringvest once again cant help embarrassing themselves with tedious hate of two players. Utterly pathetic.

It'll be very interesting to see if you start questioning Kenny next season when both start more games than not. I bet you dont have the balls.

Since Kenny took over we won 4 out of 6 without suarez and 6 out of 13 with him. He's exciting but he's hardly single handedly turned our season around.

I'm trying to work out how you have come by these stats, which games "without him" you mean, but the with him stat is definitely wrong.

He has played 10 times. For those matches we have won 6, Drawn 2 and lost 2. Average of 2 points a game, which would have us joint second right now.

Fair enough shouts all of them, for me though:

Reina: Has not had his best season this year by any means, still class. But has made more errors than I can ever recall, particularly at the start of the season. He has deserved his share of POTS awards, but I just don't feel it's his year.

Agger, Kelly, Gerrard: Are all players that we have missed hugely at times, generally played brilliantly when on field (Gerrard in particular). But they've all been in and out of the side for large parts of the season. All three have missed the best run of form as well (which is important).

Suarez: A dozen games does not a POTS make. His time will definitely come.

Meireles: Definitely one in with a shout, at times he has been lightweight and has had to adapt to the league, which obviously takes some time.

Carra: Lambasted by many and scapegoated as well for his position as a chief exponent of Hodgson-hoof-ball. The guy has actually had a brilliant season defensively, excelling in particular in the games where we have played a little higher up the pitch. We're lucky at Liverpool we have two bona-fide club captains. His name will be on my nice new away shirt, but he's not POTS, Woy made sure of that.

As I've said Lucas had a poor start to the season, but he has come through with flying colours, grown into a player who is willing to take the responsibility and lead a midfield and do it well. He has been a major part of our good form against the top sides, a massive part, and has carried it over to other ties as well. For me he edges it in no small part because of the journey and development he has undergone over the years. You may want to boil it down and pretend that your opinion is somehow backed up by empirical evidence, but ultimately it's a prize borne out of sentiment and if any player reflects our season it's Lucas. He's also turned it around.

Spot on that. A lot of people have questioned him from pretty much the start of his career. Each and every time he's responded like the true pro he is. He's a credit to the club.