You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

My favourite Bullard moment is when  he bought in to his own hype, started dressing like a prick that was rejected from One Direction on grounds of good taste, started talking like an eighteen year old Fortnight nOOb and started hiking his skirt up for any TV dick that showed him the slightest bit of attention.

Was fun watching a grown adult unravel. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

My favourite Bullard moment was when his Mum Cher finds him dead in bed after his mate jibbed him off on that cycling tour of Europe.  

my favourite Bullard moment was when the Cheeky cunt was trying to blag blind girls as well. Dirty bastard.

• Upvote 2

But I knew one of the other players and that is who I was talking to, James McFadden. I was sort of saying to him, “What is the matter with him?” He says, “Oh, he is mad! Seriously mad”. And as he is walking off, I say jokingly, “Duncan, I’ll see you in the tunnel afterwards!”, like messing around. But he took it deadly serious and he was waiting in the tunnel afterwards! But I was like, “Dunc, I am only joking!” But he wanted a fight, but I was like, “No, you are too good for me!” So it doesn’t always pay-off to be funny, kids, if you are listening to this.”

34 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if many Evertonians have bought Leicester shirts today?. It must be expensive buying those Real Madrid, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Barcelona kits.

If their fans spent all that money on Everton tat instead of wasting it elsewhere, their club might actually generate some commercial income and not be completely reliant on the PL TV money. They must be making the sort of numbers that Liverpool were getting when Souness was manager.

• Upvote 1

Everton are continuing to assess candidates to succeed sacked Marco Silva on a permanent basis despite caretaker boss Duncan Ferguson's flying start - with Shanghai SIPG coach Vitor Pereira high on their list.

Ferguson galvanised Everton on and off the pitch as they moved out of the Premier League relegation zone with an outstanding performance in the 3-1 victory over Chelsea at Goodison Park on Saturday.

It was a result that gave Everton's hierarchy vital breathing space to assess their options in replacing Silva, who was sacked after 18 months in charge following the 5-2 Merseyside derby defeat by Liverpool at Anfield.

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri was delighted with how Ferguson had such an instant impact on their fortunes but it is still their intention to appoint a permanent manager as soon as possible.

There was informal contact to gauge the extent of sacked ex-Arsenal boss Unai Emery's interest, while Bournemouth's Eddie Howe is another manager with admirers in the Everton boardroom.

Howe, however, insists he is committed to the Cherries and is unlikely to leave mid-season - while Spaniard Marcelino is another out-of-work coach looking for a route back into football after he was sacked by Valencia earlier this season.

Former Everton manager David Moyes has also been discussed, although his chances appear to be receding.

Following his successes at Porto, Pereira, 51, impressed Everton when he was interviewed in 2013 before Roberto Martinez was appointed as successor to Moyes.

Everton want the new man in quickly, but equally there is no sense of emergency either after Ferguson's spectacular start.

The Toffees' next match is away to Manchester United on Sunday.

The Ferguson thing is backfiring on them the same way that the Solksjaer appointment backfired on United (and, to a smaller extent, the same way Dalglish's temporary appointment backfired on us a few years ago).

If it goes poorly, then it's probably not the end of the world to have a club legend in the manager's spot for a few games while you sort out a long-term solution. The problem is when it goes well. All of a sudden, you're getting huge fan pressure to appoint someone as manager who hasn't really earned the job.

I'm not 100% sure on Pereira - he had a great reputation at Porto but since then seems to pick one terrible situation after another - but I'm certain he's far more qualified than "Big Dunc." I hope they win another two games on the bounce and then scrap all their work and just hire him permanently. Hopefully with a huge clause they have to pay when they inevitably sack him next October when they're in 12th.

• Upvote 1