You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nobody else think this is a way over the top valuation? by at least half?

Dont get me wrong, im excited about it, but christ people, its a hell of a lot on an unproven striker.

What was Villa? £34M? the sums dont add up, regardless how great a swoop this is.

I just hope he is this wonder kid we are told he is.

Yes way way over the top.

He isnt even supposed to be w wonderkid. He is 22.

Must be the only one ...thinking this is not a great idea.

So there's what, twenty minutes left before the papers have to be in? Hope nobody's pissing about... Haven't heard anything since the fee was agreed and talks started.

He's completed all the personal terms and everything done apparently. Medical according to some has been done, but to others is being done on another day.

Guest San Don
Here's the idea I tried to make and you seemed to ignore: save the Torres transfer money for our summer war chest with a proper transfer plan.

No good decision is made in desperation. Whilst it's true it's not "our" money perse, isn't it in the fans' interest to see the club being well managed? The fans are paying for those wages and purchases, after all.

I have fuck all to do with the crowd demanding FSV to spend for the sake of spending.

This has to be just about the most stupiest post I've read today! So we save the money until summer!?

And when we are struggling to score goals in the second half of the season, you'd be on here saying 'its alright lads, we've saved the money until the summer'! yeah right.

And you seriously expect clubs will offer their players to us at cheaper prices even though they know we 'saved' nigh on 50m quid til the summer?

Get with the programme.

Happy if this goes through, he's the 1st player I thought of when I realised Torres wanted to go but never thought it'd happen. Yes the fee is steep but I'm going to give it a few years till he's getting anywhere close to his prime before deciding whether we've wasted money!

Andy Carroll contacted ToonTalk editor Steve Wraith today via text to say, "I'm gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn't want to leave that's why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door."

He'll soon get that out of his system. *pats on head*

Carroll has apparently told NUFC supporters that he didn't want to leave Newcastle.

"I'm gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn't want to leave that's why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door."

Sounds keen to be here, doesn't he?! Part of me is still hoping it will fall through, as I just don't think this is a match that is going to work - let's hope I'm wrong.

I'm not surprised he was pushed. With an offer of 35 million for a player with a total of 14 career top flight league goals to his name, they would have gassed him with chloroform if he didn't fancy it, chucked him in the trunk and dropped him off at Melwood.

The fee is just staggering. I can't get my head around it, especially with the ... ahem, wrinkles in his personal life. I know we're sorts of hands-tied, but its still a mind-boggling amount of money and a huge gamble.