You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

andy gray

duice

Maybe he just works in a place where there are some women who like a bit of that sort of banter and some that don't, like many places. There's dozens of things like that said in my place every day and it all depends on who the comments are said by, to who and in what spirit.

So sexual harrassment is ok if it's done in the right spirit . Riiiight

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to Talk Sport on the way into work this morning. Don't know who the studio guest was but he told a couple of none to pleasant stories about Keys. one of them being.

One day in the studio' date=' Keys had a piece of chewing gum stuck to the sole of his shoe. He casually turned to one of the studio crew and said "pick that off there will you"

No fucking wonder there's people who've got it in for him.[/quote']

It is unconfirmed whether they were shoes or not....

gorilla-feet.jpg

So sexual harrassment is ok if it's done in the right spirit . Riiiight

No mate/love, sexual harassment is not ok... definitely not.

But if there are a bunch of blokes and shielas that work together with thick skins, that know each other, socialize together, can take a joke, and can tell the difference between banter and malicious intent, and can cut each other a bit of slack in the shared knowledge that there are more important things than political correctness, or even "sexual equality" (whatever that conditionally means) to worry about in the world...

... then yes, there are fucking instances, perhaps occasionally, where "the right spirit" comes into the argument and it may not, horror of horrors, be sexual harassment.

It's occasionally been called: context, horses for courses, sense of humour, harmlessness, vive la difference, it takes all kinds to make up the world etc.

You know, those kinds of unreasonable, unfashionable, sexist, human foible kind of things.

No mate/love, sexual harassment is not ok... definitely not.

But if there are a bunch of blokes and shielas that work together with thick skins, that know each other, socialize together, can take a joke, and can tell the difference between banter and malicious intent, and can cut each other a bit of slack in the shared knowledge that there are more important things than political correctness, or even "sexual equality" (whatever that conditionally means) to worry about in the world...

... then yes, there are fucking instances, perhaps occasionally, where "the right spirit" comes into the argument and it may not, horror of horrors, be sexual harassment.

It's occasionally been called: context, horses for courses, sense of humour, harmlessness, vive la difference, it takes all kinds to make up the world etc.

You know, those kinds of unreasonable, unfashionable, sexist, human foible kind of things.

just say loose women the most sexist show on telly

:whistle:

sky hire their presenters based on looks with no regard for journalistic ability and then seem surprised that a culture of sexism develops
no chance andy grey an dan roan got hired cos of there looks, why cant someone at ssn set that twat derek ocorra up, still cant figure out how he went from being a ghost hunter to working for ssn, they also keep calling him jim very strange

sky hire their presenters based on looks with no regard for journalistic ability and then seem surprised that a culture of sexism develops

Do they? Do you know which of SSN's presenters have journalism qualifications plus experience and which don't?

Or, are you assuming "fit bird must be hired for her looks as she can't possibly be pretty AND pass exams" ???

Do they? Do you know which of SSN's presenters have journalism qualifications plus experience and which don't?

Or, are you assuming "fit bird must be hired for her looks as she can't possibly be pretty AND pass exams" ???

you dont have to take my word for it

'There's been a culture of bullying and sexism at Sky for a long time' | Matt Scott | Football | The Guardian

Its in the Guardian from unquoted sources... you're 100% correct then. I know two Sky journalists often seen on screen on SSN, both have journalist qualifications having done their training with the BBC, one male one female.

Of course like many workplaces, a bloke will appoint a girl if he likes the look of her but thats a million miles away from your previous post which is just an assumption about the entire workforce, and a wrong one at that.

Its in the Guardian from unquoted sources... you're 100% correct then. I know two Sky journalists often seen on screen on SSN, both have journalist qualifications having done their training with the BBC, one male one female.Of course like many workplaces, a bloke will appoint a girl if he likes the look of her but thats a million miles away from your previous post which is just an assumption about the entire workforce, and a wrong one at that.

are they good looking though?

Guest davelfc
Is it just me or is what Key's did worse than Gray?

No it's not just you, I thought that initially. But like all things it depends on who has pissed off the most people or who they can replace the easiest.

He's released a statement.

“I am very sorry that certain comments made by me have caused offence. Such comments were made off air to work colleagues, and were of course never intended to be broadcast.

“I was very upset when the comments were brought to my attention, and it was my intention to apologise on Monday night when I was back on air for the Bolton v Chelsea game.

“Sadly I was unable to do so as I was suspended from the show by Sky Sports and have now been sacked. Football is my life and I am devastated by losing the job that I love.

“I am equally upset that third parties have been dragged into this issue.

“I ask that the media respect their privacy so that they can continue in their roles.

“I have worked for Sky Sports loyally for over 20 years and I do not wish to comment further at this time.”

Still nobodys asking him if he'd smash it.

The arrogant creep really thinks THAT is enough to get himself off the hook! And he's still using that word 'banter' as a cover-all for whatever he doesn't want taken seriously. He's far worse than Gray; there are loads of hacks out there who could sit next to a pundit and say things like, 'Let me stop you there: WHY should he have cut inside?' It's what hacks are trained to ask. Having said all that, the way Sky News are covering the story is remarkable - they're really unashamedly eager to push the matter on.

The arrogant creep really thinks THAT is enough to get himself off the hook! And he's still using that word 'banter' as a cover-all for whatever he doesn't want taken seriously. He's far worse than Gray; there are loads of hacks out there who could sit next to a pundit and say things like, 'Let me stop you there: WHY should he have cut inside?' It's what hacks are trained to ask. Having said all that, the way Sky News are covering the story is remarkable - they're really unashamedly eager to push the matter on.

Fucking hell, what exactly do you want the man to do? He's said a range of things that aren't fashionable amongst a liberal elite and yet are remarkably common amongst normal folk (evidence: this fucking forum). I take it you want him slung out of his job, will that satiate your thirst for retribution or do you want more from him? Maybe, you should see to it that he will never work in his chosen field again. I suggest you petition Sky, BBC, ESPN etc. Or alternatively, put some clothes on, put the empty tin of beans in the bin and get some fucking perspective, you tit.