You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

His passing is average but no worse than Lucas. He would help stop 5 goals a season from set pieces and contribute/assist 5-10 going forward. Add in the fact he'd dominate 70% of Prem midfields and we'd erase our major weakness away from home.

If James fucking Milner is worth £26m+Stephen Ireland then Fellaini is good value at £30M. I would rather bid for him than punting £10-15M on M'Vila or Sissoko.

Judging by your own description he's worth nowhere near £30M. He is a decent enough player and stood out when Liege came to Anfield. But he's worth about a quarter of what you're quoting us there, Mr Kenwright.

And even then, I'll pass.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Comolly was watching that game the first thing he should have done was ring John Henry and ask him to put in a £30M bid for Fellaini. He singlehandedly ragdolled Lucas and Spearing and was a constant threat at set pieces. I reckon he's already the best defensive midfielder in the world. Hugely underrated but it'd be tricky to get Everton to sell.

His passing is average but no worse than Lucas. He would help stop 5 goals a season from set pieces and contribute/assist 5-10 going forward. Add in the fact he'd dominate 70% of Prem midfields and we'd erase our major weakness away from home.

If James fucking Milner is worth £26m+Stephen Ireland then Fellaini is good value at £30M. I would rather bid for him than punting £10-15M on M'Vila or Sissoko.

aint_logical_spock.jpg

It’s difficult to know what Everton changed in the second half to suddenly become the better side – it seemed to be simply because of momentum, having scored from a set-piece a minute into the second period. On that note, Liverpool have surely conceded more goals from corners with man-marking this season than they did with zonal marking last season.

The game was played at a good tempo, helped by Liverpool’s inclination to press high up the pitch since the change of manager

Lots more interesting analysis here - Liverpool 2-2 Everton: Kuyt penalty earns draw | Zonal Marking

I'm sure Andy Gray will be hosting a special show to debate it. Another point that is made tentatively. Is how is Reina being affected by the change. With man marking the goal is much more crowded and this could be affecting him defending set pieces.

I'm sure Andy Gray will be hosting a special show to debate it. Another point that is made tentatively. Is how is Reina being affected by the change. With man marking the goal is much more crowded and this could be affecting him defending set pieces.

Pepe hasn't been his usual shot-stopping self this season, I think. So many shots are going through his legs, or he's not getting anything on shots you'd expect him to at least get a hand on.

Played well first half, should have scored before we did, and could have scored more before the break. Then we went asleep. At first, I thouht the equaliser was from a valid corner, even though the replays showed it wasn't. The next goal was poorly defended, yet again. After that, it looked a replay of the second half of the Arsenal home game last season. We managed to get an equaliser, and the result was a draw just like Kenny's last home derby.

Despite that though, I felt it was 2 points dropped, as we let the ht advantage slip too easily with basic mistakes. We need wins asap.