You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

You're failing to acknowledge the difference between what someone may want and what they think is actually achievable. This is the real world, not a Green Party manifesto.

If you honestly think that there is anyone anywhere in the world who actually wants to be surrounded by people who are rather keen on exterminating them, then you're right that no worthwhile conversation can be had.

So why did they support Hamas to undermine the PLO then?

It doesn't matter how keen you are about something if you're not in any way powerful enough to do it.

I find it bizarre that you aren't willing to accept that the Israeli leadership achieve more out of war than peace.

If I thought for one minute Israel was deliberately targeting civilians , Id feel the same . Unfortunately the numbers show they aren't deliberately targetting.civilians .

Yes they are. They were told 17 times about the UN school. They have used munitions that disproportionately impact civilians. Wake up.

If I thought for one minute Israel was deliberately targeting civilians , Id feel the same . Unfortunately the numbers show they aren't deliberately targetting.civilians .

'Deliberately targeting' and 'not caring if you hit' is all semantics to me. The Israelis have precision weapons, they killed a hamas leader in a wheelchair about ten years ago with a missile from a helicopter. They have special forces and one of the most formidable covert operations and espionage set ups in the world. They could wipe out the entire Hamas leadership with the flick of the proverbial switch. This is shock and awe, scorched earth, they want to shake the Palestinians to the core to the extent that they never stick their heads out again.

• Upvote 1

Maybe once Hamas stop deliberately targetting civilians I'll have some sympathy for them , but I highly doubt it . Fucking barbarians.

If they were deliberately targetting civilians the body count would be 100s of times higher , to argue otherwise is just dense.

The numbers game in your argument doesn't quite stack up in Israels favour does it ?

What numbers game  , It's obviously a war and one side is winning

The numbers game your using to back up your argument. You claimed Hamas was deliberately targeting civilians. You then claimed Israel wasn't as the head or should that be dead count wasn't high enough. As I siad, the numbers game doesn't really stack up in Israels favour does it ?

On another note. Hamas is claiming it has no idea what's happened to this solider that's allegedly been kidnapped. That may or may not be true but how convenient for Israel for the incident to have happened via one of these tunnels we've been hearing so much about. All the excuses they need to carry on with the slaughter. 

Or maybe they want to minimize their own casualties .

We could all say that then couldn't we? Instead of sending squaddies out on patrol around camp Bastian to get their legs blown off we could just drop a neutron bomb on Helmand Province. We wouldn't though because the British public wouldn't stand for it. Do you know why? Because it's wrong.