You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa makes another donation

coop

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has probably also been up in the thread about his donation to the Hillsborough group, but I really fucking hope that those who called Rafa greedy and worse are ashamed of themselves.

I hope that next time people want to get rid of a manager that they wont stoop to the same level again. Some of the venom thrown Rafa's way was a total embarrasment as far as I'm concerned.

I hope the next manager we get is a complete cunt who takes back handers that would make George Graham and Terry Venables plush.

I think only then the majority here and other numbskull, knuckle dragging "fans" will wake up and recognise a decent manager when we see one.

It just wasn't working anymore, a change was needed either way.

Rafa acting as a class act (again) and making these donations doesn't automatically mean he was the right manager to take us forward. However, it sure makes a mockery of all the "greedy"-jibes directed at him.

It just wasn't working anymore, a change was needed either way.

Rafa acting as a class act (again) and making these donations doesn't automatically mean he was the right manager to take us forward. However, it sure makes a mockery of all the "greedy"-jibes directed at him.

Can't agree with you at all - these donations show that his heart and his head was deeply commited to Liverpool the club and the community.

In fact I'd go as far as saying that the Jigsaw of the Leeches, Purslow, Broughton, Ayres and Benitez would never work - only problem was that they got rid of the only piece that actually DID FIT.

Guest PurpleNose
Can we not just this one a sticky, and then every time he gives money to charity we can save having to make another thread. With all the new Inter fans I'n sure they'll keep us posted on his future good will gestures.

New?

We had quite a few last season.

New?

We had quite a few last season.

Just like us in '05, you win the Champions League and then suddenly everyone starts supporting you. Glory hunters if you ask me!

Oh, and another great gesture from Rafa.

Nice on Rafa.

Not sure how people can say he should still be our manager though, yes his heart was at Liverpool, but personally I feel change was needed. (Although I wanted him out for a few seasons, given the lack of quality managers willing to take over the job I'd have given him another season though)

Sorry for going off topic, but a few people in here are posting that the ones who wanted him out should be ashamed, and it needed to be addressed.

Guest TK-421
Can we not just make this one a sticky, and then every time he gives money to charity we can save having to make another thread. With all the new Inter fans I'n sure they'll keep us posted on his future good will gestures.

Hey, good idea.

We could have made a sticky bun thread last season where people called him fat and greedy.

Guest PurpleNose
Nice on Rafa.

Not sure how people can say he should still be our manager though, yes his heart was at Liverpool, but personally I feel change was needed. (Although I wanted him out for a few seasons, given the lack of quality managers willing to take over the job I'd have given him another season though)

Sorry for going off topic, but a few people in here are posting that the ones who wanted him out should be ashamed, and it needed to be addressed.

No. A few people are saying that those who called him greedy are/were wrong. He got quite a lot of personal abuse, from his own fans, when he actually seemed a decent bloke. Don't think its got much to do with whether he should be our manager or not.

There is no correlation between being a sound fella and donating money to a charity and being good at your job nor is there any correlation between being bad at your job either.

Just take it as a boss gesture and move on, stop trying to sadly justify it shows how much he loves the city and the club.

I'm sure Rashid thinks he loves the club but you'd never want him in charge would you?

Tommy Smith loves us, again you'd not want him as boss.

Its just sad.

Probably just as well really because

1. you where the one who was the one who started the arguing really with saying people are acting like a tit and accusing them of taking the moral high ground etc etc, it seems it was ok to slag the mans character off when he was here but when people mention it now it's not ok like.. and 2. NN was handing your arse to you :whistle:

Or maybe, like on the other thread about him donating to the HFSG, he meant that it wasn't the right place to argue about the manager, and he should just accept the gesture for what it is. There are literally hundreds of other threads where it's been done to death, and threads like this don't seem to right place to argue about it.

In all fairness, someone mentioned the difference between the manager and the man! I think a lot of criticism of Rafa was about his management, and although I disagree with their arguments, it was always valid and genuine, I don't see why they should be accused of hypocrisy!

But there is always the exceptions.

In all fairness, someone mentioned the difference between the manager and the man! I think a lot of criticism of Rafa was about his management, and although I disagree with their arguments, it was always valid and genuine, I don't see why they should be accused of hypocrisy!

But there is always the exceptions.

Well said.

So, to summarise;

See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See?

Repeat until sick.