You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Games Today 13/6/10

Faustus

Algeria V Slovenia, Serbia V Ghana and then Germany V Australia to round things off.

Any predictions going? Two draws and a narrow Germany win is what I'm going to go for.

I'm really looking forward to the Germany V Australia game later. I think it could be a cracker and I can see the Aussies making things uncomfortable for them.

Have to say, I'm really enjoying this World Cup so far. I think the South Africans have been good hosts so far and seem to be getting into the spirit of the tournament. The scenes when Tshabalala (sp?) scored in the opening game were unreal. Think England V USA's been the best game so far and I reckon, on the whole, it's been a promising start.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a predictions competition in work. You get 5 points for correct result and scoreline, 3 points for correct scoring difference and 1 point for correct result.

This is me so far:

South Africa v Mexico - predicted 2-1 to Mexico, finished 1-1 = 0 points.

Uruguay v France - predicted 1-1, finished 0-0 = 3 points.

Argentina v Nigeria - predicted 2-1 to Argentina, finished 1-0 = 3 points.

South Korea v Greece - predicted 1-0 to Greece, finished 2-0 to SK = 0 points.

England v USA - predicted 3-1 to England, finished 1-1 = 0 points.

Ergo, i'm doing shite so far! My predictions for todays games are:

Algeria 1-1 Slovenia.

Serbia 2-2 Ghana.

Germany 2-1 Australia.

So as long as you all avoid those scorelines, you should be alright! I just hope that we some good games and some goals today as the opening couple of days have been disappointing so far, in my view.

Guest PurpleNose
I'm looking forward to seeing Ghana play, really want to see an African side really go far in this tournie.

I think it'll have to be Ghana or Ivory Coast. The other four aren't great. With you on wanting to see them do well.

Speaking to a lad outside the pub on friday, he's from the Ivory Coast, said he's not bothered about Drogba being injured.

I rather naively thought they'd be a bit fucked without him.

I've done a predictions competition in work. You get 5 points for correct result and scoreline, 3 points for correct scoring difference and 1 point for correct result.

This is me so far:

South Africa v Mexico - predicted 2-1 to Mexico, finished 1-1 = 0 points.

Uruguay v France - predicted 1-1, finished 0-0 = 3 points.

Argentina v Nigeria - predicted 2-1 to Argentina, finished 1-0 = 3 points.

South Korea v Greece - predicted 1-0 to Greece, finished 2-0 to SK = 0 points.

England v USA - predicted 3-1 to England, finished 1-1 = 0 points.

Ergo, i'm doing shite so far! My predictions for todays games are:

Algeria 1-1 Slovenia.

Serbia 2-2 Ghana.

Germany 2-1 Australia.

So as long as you all avoid those scorelines, you should be alright! I just hope that we some good games and some goals today as the opening couple of days have been disappointing so far, in my view.

You would think that, but by the same token it looks as if a few groups are going to be very close, another draw in Englands group will really make next week crucial.

Personally, I think results wise it means things are still alive right up to the final day...potentially.

It is.

Looking forward to seeing the lad then.

Wonder if he will play on the left as i watched a youtube clip of him a few weeks ago and he was playing as a left winger.

He looked very fast and appeared to have a bit of skill about him so will be interested to see if thats just the usual youtube making a player look great or if he really does have some ability.

I'm thinking a draw in Algeria v Slovenia, because the latter doesn't concede that many goals and I can see none of these sides scoring more than one goal each. 0-0,1-1 or 1-0 to any of them.

I think Serbia will beat Ghana without their best player. Btw, watch out for their snidey little midfielder Anthony Annan, if he doesn't pick a fight with at least two Serbs I'd be surprised. 2-0

Germany will get that typical late winner against the rough playing Aussies. 1-0 or 2-1

Guest PurpleNose
Looking forward to seeing the lad then.

Wonder if he will play on the left as i watched a youtube clip of him a few weeks ago and he was playing as a left winger.

He looked very fast and appeared to have a bit of skill about him so will be interested to see if thats just the usual youtube making a player look great or if he really does have some ability.

He'll play wide left I think. Good goalscoring record considering that is where he usually plays.

Up against Paintsil today? Hopefully be some indication of whether he's good enough.

I too have gone for Slovenia/Serbia-Ghana draw/Germany today, but got around 40/1 on all 3 games being drawn - that obviously would depend heavily on Australia giving Germany a tough game this evening, which may be possible if the Germans have a slow start.

EDIT: Have also done Belhadj to score next in Algeria-Slovenia at 20/1.