You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

It would be insanity to privatise the police force. Politicians aren't insane, therefore it's not going to happen. This is how logic works.

Yes. That's definitely how the real world works.

It would be insanity to ignore scientists that tell you cutting away the natural defences of a coastline to drill oil may lead to the demolition of a city. Thing is, if it ain't your fucking city and you're profiting then it isn't insane at all. It's a perfectly rational decision because you simply don't give a fuck and you know there'll be no comeback.

I could carry on with lots of insane things that have been put in place because there was profit in it and those profiting suffered none of the consequences. You have little interest in it though. Clearly. Politicians not doing destructive things to the people they represent is a cosier blanket to grasp.

*Pulls the lever on the *Insanity* fruity*

Cherry - Cherry - Cherry

Cherry - Cherry - Cherry

Take your pick.

He's anti-abortion and pro-homeopathy so it makes perfect sense to move Hunt from Minister with portfolio fo Murdoch over to the Heath Ministry.

The Lord Chancellor has a bit of an issue with gays and is the first in half a millenium not to be a lawyer. He has done an awful lot of TV production though, which is nice.

The Culture/Equalities minister is an economist that used to do marketing in the oil industry that wants abortion counselling dropped.

The Environment minister is anti-regulation, pro-fracking and pro-airport expansion.

This government is a fucking joke. Just not a very funny one.

He's anti-abortion and pro-homeopathy so it makes perfect sense to move Hunt from Minister with portfolio fo Murdoch over to the Heath Ministry.

The Lord Chancellor has a bit of an issue with gays and is the first in half a millenium not to be a lawyer. He has done an awful lot of TV production though, which is nice.

The Culture/Equalities minister is an economist that used to do marketing in the oil industry that wants abortion counselling dropped.

The Environment minister is anti-regulation, pro-fracking and pro-airport expansion.

This government is a fucking joke. Just not a very funny one.

Everyone who has spent the last 2 years hammering the Lib Dems can give themselves a pat on the back. We're now too weak to put a stop to this kind of shit. Congratulations.

Everyone who has spent the last 2 years hammering the Lib Dems can give themselves a pat on the back. We're now too weak to put a stop to this kind of shit. Congratulations.

You have exactly the same coalition agreement as at the start. The one that saw you raise tuition fees to 9 grand.

What is different now stronts?

Yeah, losing all credibility with the non-member voters after campaigning as a viable ALTERNATIVE and even recently having the party leader ask MPs to abstain from voting over a motion requesting an inquiry into Hunt's conduct over the BSkyB debacle. Yeah, Lib Dems... fucking powerless. Fuck off.

I voted for this government, but I didn't fucking want to. If I pat too hard I'll break my fucking neck. Go democracy.

Yeah, losing all credibility with the non-member voters after campaigning as a viable ALTERNATIVE and even recently having the party leader ask MPs to abstain from voting over a motion requesting an inquiry into Hunt's conduct over the BSkyB debacle. Yeah, Lib Dems... fucking powerless. Fuck off.

I voted for this government, but I didn't fucking want to. If I pat too hard I'll break my fucking neck. Go democracy.

No one voted for this government to be fair mate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Then why are you still in the coalition? Why is this government, which is getting more right-wing by the minute, still standing?

You might want to blame others, but the fault is with the Liberal Democrats.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No one voted for this government to be fair mate.

And nobody voted for the dismantling of the NHS, yet they've just appointed a man who'd happily seen the NHS totally denationalised as the Health Sec.

I've got a feeling they're going to do as much damage (sorry... fix as much as) they can whilst they still have a chance. I fucking hate these Tory bastards. I'm gutted that the Lib Dems have totally imploded and are enabling this shit.

It comes to something when many people would jump at the chance of having Ed Miliband - intelligent, but little else - as a relief from this shit.

The Lib Dems have been hammered because they have done very little in order to stop the Tories bumming this country dead hard up the shitter with no lube.

You can point to the all the little things that the Lib Dems have brought, but the crux of the matter is that they have sod all power on the things that matter.

And you can blame Nick Clegg for being a sap for that. Ask your party members.

This is the same kind of logic that led to America banning the costume rather than the semi automatic weapon in that cinema shooting a few weeks back.

The Libs position has been weak since Clegg and Cameron exited the rose garden. Cameron has played you - about the only thing he has done with any competency since entering government.

The Tories have spent the last two years 'hammering' the Lib Dems. Seen as something between a smokescreen and a stab jacket by the Tories, the Lib Dems, and their desire to be seen as relevant to British politics, were the perfect allies for this fiercely right-wing cluster of Conservatives.

It isn't criticism that has made the Lib Dems weak. Having laudable ambitions and the odd appealing policy without the idealogical rigour, nor the intellectual capacity, to get them implemented might indicate inherent weakness in the personnel of a party that has been on the political sidelines for nearly seventy years.

Don't congratulate your critics for your party's inability to put an effective brake on Cameron's coterie of cunts, but castigate yourselves for your Oaten-ish acceptance of the pile of shite that the Tories have dropped on you.

On the plus side, though, Laws is back.

Save the Children urges action for poorest UK children.

The charity Save the Children, best known for helping some of the world's poorest families, has launched its first appeal to help UK children.

The charity says the UK's poorest children are bearing the brunt of the recession, with some missing out on regular hot meals or new shoes.

The campaign urges the government to focus on benefits for low-paid families and ask employers to pay a living wage.

The government said it was committed to eradicating child poverty.

Researchers for Save the Children surveyed more than 1,500 children aged eight to 16 and more than 5,000 parents, focusing on the lowest income groups.

The study draws on Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS) figures which estimate that there are 3.5 million children living in poverty in the UK and predict a steep rise in the numbers in coming years.

The charity defines living in poverty as having a family income of less than £17,000 a year.

More than half the parents in poverty surveyed (61%) said they had cut back on what they ate and more than a quarter (26%) had skipped meals in the past year.

Just under a fifth (19%) said their children sometimes had to go without new shoes when they needed them.

Some 19% of children in poverty said they had missed out on school trips and 14% said they did not have a warm coat to wear in the winter.

The report, It Shouldn't Happen Here, also reveals the extent to which children are aware of how much financial strain their parents are under with more than half (58%) saying they thought it was getting harder for their parents to pay for everything.

Some 52% of the poorest children agreed that not having enough money made their parents unhappy or stressed and 43% 'strongly agreed' that their parents were cutting back on things for themselves such as clothes or food.

Parents on the lowest incomes agreed they were more likely to snap at their children (23%) because of money worries compared with better off parents (10%).

The report quotes last month's Department for Work and Pensions figures which showed 61% of children in poverty had working parents. It urges the government to encourage more employers to pay above the minimum wage so that workers can provide for their families.

It says the new Universal Credit system should let working parents keep more of their earnings before benefits are withdrawn and urges the government to pay 80% of childcare costs for the poorest families.

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said: "Despite £150bn being poured into benefits and tax credits over the last decade, the previous government's approach to tackling child poverty has failed with the UK missing its own 2010 child poverty targets.

"The government remains committed to eradicating child poverty, but we want to take a new approach by tackling the root causes including worklessness, educational failure and family breakdown.

"And our welfare reforms will improve the lives of some of the poorest families in our communities, with the Universal Credit simplifying the complex myriad of benefits and lifting 350,000 children and 550,000 adults out of poverty."

Save the Children aims to raise £500,000 from the charity appeal to help boost low income children's school careers and provide basic essentials such as cookers, furniture or toys for their families.

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said: "Despite £150bn being poured into benefits and tax credits over the last decade, the previous government's approach to tackling child poverty has failed with the UK missing its own 2010 child poverty targets.

"The government remains committed to eradicating child poverty, but we want to take a new approach by tackling the root causes including worklessness, educational failure and family breakdown.

"And our welfare reforms will improve the lives of some of the poorest families in our communities, with the Universal Credit simplifying the complex myriad of benefits and lifting 350,000 children and 550,000 adults out of poverty."

Do this lot ever go over the statistics before they open their mouths? Yes, labour failed on the child poverty line by setting it's own targets, does that mean they didn't make a difference or that the Torys can solve it with their measures of austerity? Fuck off, the money ploughed into the system halved the number of children in poverty in this country.

Education failure - that'll be solved cutting benefits should someone enroll on a recognised course, thats after they've increased the fees on said courses.

I was watching BBC this morning and they were highlighting the difference between absolute and relative, stating absolute would be children not having shoes to wear, a hot meal, a bed and so on. The thing is, you can interview one family that has but are considered below the relative poverty line, but get them on a bad month and it's highly there might not be food in the cupboard, or they have to wear shoes with a hole in for another two or three weeks, placing them in the absolute poverty bracket. Jeeze, even i remember shoving cardboard into my shoes to block a hole and I'm sure there's kids on this estate that have had to do the same on occasion even now.

So if I kicked the living shit out of the Tory cunt would that mean he isn't butch enough to defend himself?.

We need a modern day Guy Fawkes to get rid of all the twats. At least 9/10 of them are arseholes,all the top bods are from the same private schools and dress the same shit policies up in different colours.Just some are slightly more bearable and have a little human decency left.