You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do You Want England To Win The World Cup?

njackets

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I'm going to South Africa and can't wait. I'm not fond of some of the England players, but most of them I can get behind. Plus there's Gerrard, Carragher and Johnson to take pride in. Some of the fans are absolute cocks, yes. There are decent people who follow England too though. It's not a case where everyone shouts at the locals and throws bar furniture around. Honest.

I don't know why people decided to ignore the proper thread with the poll in and post in this 1 but anyway im not sure yet.

The shit Carra got for jibbing England was the last straw with me and England.I find it hard to support a team with so many cunts in anyway. My mates are all dead excited over it though and all supporting England and its my 1st tournament were i've been anti England as such. So I might get swept away with it all and end up getting behind them when in starts, I certainly wont be losing any sleep over them going out though.

Guest ShoePiss

Yes, it would be great for the Liverpool players and England in general. I'd prefer not to see the likes of mongo lifting the cup but to see Gerrard and Carra doing the same would make up for that horrible image.

No, i fuckin hate them and everything to do with them. From the horrible scumbag fans, altho a large minority, just waiting to bring shame on the country. To the Press, when they (just cant call them `we`) play Germany for example, the press is fuckin despicable, almost racist if you like and i just cant subscribe to that.To God Save The Queen & all that shit----Fuck Off. I always find the tournament much better when they`re out. Even better when they dont qualify. I went to the last World Cup and stayed well clear of where England were playing. and it was a fantastic, party atmosphere, no trouble whatsoever for almost all the tournament, apart from 1 night when a large group of they`re fans came into Hamburg draped in they`re St George Cross and created havoc. I fuckin hate them.Add to that, Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand, Rooney. Come on Algeria. USA and Slovenia, get them out so i, and ALL the fans that have gone over there can have a better World Cup.

I want Nigeria to win, as I have them in the office sweepstake. As for England, I normally hate them and want them to lose. At the moment, I just don't have any great feeling either way. I will most probably watch the matches, and as soon as I see Rooney & Terry, I am sure my loathing for England will come back.

I just don't think I will enjoy the World Cup, I normally support Spain, but with the possibilty of Fernando not being a Liverpool player next season, then I won't enjoy watching him play, as I don't know if he will still be ours come the new season.

I'd like Carra, Stevie and Glen to do well. Infact if there is someway that they can win it, but no one else on the England team does, and the press and English TV don't get to talk about it daily for 44 years, then I'd be happy enough.

No, i fuckin hate them and everything to do with them. From the horrible scumbag fans, altho a large minority, just waiting to bring shame on the country. To the Press, when they (just cant call them `we`) play Germany for example, the press is fuckin despicable, almost racist if you like and i just cant subscribe to that.To God Save The Queen & all that shit----Fuck Off. I always find the tournament much better when they`re out. Even better when they dont qualify. I went to the last World Cup and stayed well clear of where England were playing. and it was a fantastic, party atmosphere, no trouble whatsoever for almost all the tournament, apart from 1 night when a large group of they`re fans came into Hamburg draped in they`re St George Cross and created havoc. I fuckin hate them.Add to that, Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand, Rooney. Come on Algeria. USA and Slovenia, get them out so i, and ALL the fans that have gone over there can have a better World Cup.

You're an angry man!

But most countries are like that when it comes to sport.

Try being around NZ come WC rugby time or Aus come WC cricket time. The media and fans alike think they both have to merely turn up to win.

I have never set foot in a country with so much self-loathing.

Guest PurpleNose
You're an angry man!

But most countries are like that when it comes to sport.

Try being around NZ come WC rugby time or Aus come WC cricket time. The media and fans alike think they both have to merely turn up to win.

I have never set foot in a country with so much self-loathing.

There is a very important difference. New Zealand are really good at rugby, and Australia are really good at cricket.

Arrogance on its own is irritating. Arrogance based on nothing but ignorance and delusion is infuriating.

I used to hate everything about England and wanted them to fail in major tournaments, but I'm not that bothered now and I've come around to thinking it would actually be a good thing for the country. Why exactly would it be such a bad thing for the country to celebrate something and for people to be happy?

It won't change my own life whatever happens, but it'd be a good thing for English football overall.

Like others though, I just enjoy the occasion and all the other games. Watching other teams and discovering new players, seeing all the colours and different types of supporters in the crowd and just getting lost in the occasion is great.

There is a very important difference. New Zealand are really good at rugby, and Australia are really good at cricket.

Arrogance on its own is irritating. Arrogance based on nothing but ignorance and delusion is infuriating.

One man's optimism is another man's arrogance.