You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Young keeper signs

PaulMcC

Reds confirm new signing - Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm the signing of Swindon Town teenager Jamie Stephens.

The 16-year-old goalkeeper will join the Academy until 2012 and is set to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday.

The move follows a period training with the Reds earlier this season, after which Stephens said: "The Academy is unbelievable. They have so many staff, everyone is so polite, and kind, it's really friendly, like a family club."

Author: Jimmy Rice

I've heard his name mentioned a few times, he is reportedly showing all the signs of becoming a top class goalkeeper. This, incidentally, takes our number of goalkeepers at the club past the 1 million mark!

I've gotten the impression that we're pretty good at picking goalkeepers. Seem to read lots of positive stuff about the likes of Bouzanis and Gulacsi.

Carson was great business, might pick up a profit for Cavalieri as well. Itandje was the one great cock-up.

We've also got a keeper in the England u16 setup--Tyrell Belford, looks like. So tough to tell with them though till they're done growing (says I, who had the hands and feet of a kid who should've ended up 6-foot-3 and stopped just over 5-11).

What happened to David Martin? Doesn't look like he's getting games on loan.

I've gotten the impression that we're pretty good at picking goalkeepers. Seem to read lots of positive stuff about the likes of Bouzanis and Gulacsi.

Carson was great business, might pick up a profit for Cavalieri as well. Itandje was the one great cock-up.

Padelli.

We've also let the young Brazilian sensation Vitor Flora go after a year of stunning unachievement - a player, about whom no one even in Brazil seemed to know, it was rumoured one of our scouts 'spotted' in a YouTube clip that Mr Flora Snr had uploaded. Well done, lads, keep it up!

We've also let the young Brazilian sensation Vitor Flora go after a year of stunning unachievement - a player, about whom no one even in Brazil seemed to know, it was rumoured one of our scouts 'spotted' in a YouTube clip that Mr Flora Snr had uploaded. Well done, lads, keep it up![/QUOTE]

I would'nt doubt this in the slightest, just to clarify the scout was Macia, the idiot could'nt spot a top player if he hit him in the nose with the ball from 50 yards.

• 2 years later...

We can never have too many young goal keepers...

Liverpool Take Highly Rated Danish Teenage Goalkeeper on Trial - International Business Times UK

Liverpool Take Highly Rated Danish Teenage Goalkeeper on Trial

February 13, 2013 8:30 AM GMT

Liverpool have offered a week's trial to Danish outfit Viborg's highly rated teenage goalkeeper Kevin Ray Mendoza Hansen.

The 18-year-old, who has been attracting interest from a host of European clubs, will now spend a week at Merseyside in the hope of earning a professional contract at Anfield. Hansen is set to train with the Reds' reserve side but Brendan Rodgers will be keeping tabs on the Danish prodigy.

"I look forward to trying to impress. It will be a great experience," the young stopper said.

Hansen is currently an understudy to the more experienced Martin Hansen at Viborg but is touted as an exciting prospect for the near future.

According to the Metro, both clubs have already agreed on a £1m transfer fee, if the player impresses Liverpool during the trial. Manchester City and Arsenal are also interested in Hansen and are understood to have scouted him on several occasions in the last few months.

I've been following us since the mid-60's and can't remember us ever having a youth goalkeeper going on to be even close to first choice in all that time' date=' and we must have had over 300,000 or so.[/quote']

Carson? Not a youth but quite young and was selected age 19 for CL quarter final, never thought you were that old by the way.