You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Quit smoking 8 weeks ago today and I've put on half a stone. Gutted.

Firstly, good effort on the smoking, that's your biggest hurdle and the most important habit to kick. Secondly, I've put nearly a stone on since quitting smoking so I feel your pain. I'm joining Slimming World online after this upcoming boozy weekend as I don't have time to get to a session full of fat insecure women. £60 pays for 3 months which will be plenty.

Chin(s) up lad, the smoking is a massive win.

Fuck slimming world. Work out your daily maintenance calories. For me 5 11 13st its around 2700k per day. Take off 20% is around 2200. If I religiously eat at this level I lose 1-2lb a week. Without exercise. Eating whatever I want.

Throw in a run and a gym session and I am eating nearly 3000k a day and still losing.

It is all calories in vs calories out nothing else. Save your money RL

Firstly, good effort on the smoking, that's your biggest hurdle and the most important habit to kick. Secondly, I've put nearly a stone on since quitting smoking so I feel your pain. I'm joining Slimming World online after this upcoming boozy weekend as I don't have time to get to a session full of fat insecure women. £60 pays for 3 months which will be plenty.

I'll do it for half that and post your fantastic achievements on here if you like. Just an idea

I'd use that £60 to join a gym or a good pair of running shoes and do a couple of miles a few times a week.

If you want to lose weight then I would advise buying a bike. In order to lose weight you need to raise your body's metabolism, and you can only raise this by exercising over a sustained period. All exercising for short bursts does is use your reserves that are replenished as soon as you eat. When you exercise for a long period of time i.e. over say 2 hours then you start to burn fat, and you lose weight when you have stopped exercising.

Bikes are great as you can ride a bike for a few hours while jogging wont allow you to exercise that much as you wont be used to the exercise.

Right ladies and gents, I need help.

I am 6'3" and 13st 11lb. I am fit enough, play rugby and 5-a-side and go to the gym off season. Around two years ago I stopped playing for a while and gained a bit of weight especially in the love handle area. I lost all of the weight I put on bar those slabs on the side. Recently I've come back from a back injury which coincided with exam time so I've put more back on, basically a thin layer all over that feels horrible. My main question in how on earth do I remove these fucking things?They are horrific both to look at and knowing how better it would be not to have to lug the around.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes and will avoid slacking off by reporting progress under threat of negicide. I would also like to add that I'm trying to get as big a pair of legs as possible in the off season for rugby if that could influence advice.

Cheers GF.

Bikes are great as you can ride a bike for a few hours while jogging wont allow you to exercise that much as you wont be used to the exercise.

That's because it's fucking harder. Intensity is the key to fitness. If you don't push yourself you will never improve.

You cannot lose fat in one specific area of the body. You will just have to lose overall body fat. Eat protein lift weights and run a calorie deficit

I reckon it's my diet, I eat protien esp post match/training and have been lifting for a few years. When I initially lost the weight it shed evenly but it feels like it's stored in that area specifically, there is little fat on my legs. I must just be a little too fond of food. Calorie deficit it is then!

I reckon it's my diet, I eat protien esp post match/training and have been lifting for a few years. When I initially lost the weight it shed evenly but it feels like it's stored in that area specifically, there is little fat on my legs. I must just be a little too fond of food. Calorie deficit it is then!

I may be able to help, for this i need to know how old you are, if you're single and you need to send me a picture. Preferable naked as it'll give me a better idea of your problem areas.

Oh and vlad - Just ¼ of an inch from above the sternum.

Rapey you want to do mark rippetoe starting strength program. Perfect for rugby lads.

Squats deadlifts bench press. Gets you strong. Sharpen your diet and you will destroy fat with this. Don't eat too little though or you wont get stronger.

will follow that advice cheers! i have been told by every player/coach/huge Pole under the sun that these are the shit for power but I find that with my height my form is awful due to the bar coming up to my still bent knees leading to bending my back. I know this is a long shot and off topic but any other forumites have/solved this problem?

I may be able to help, for this i need to know how old you are, if you're single and you need to send me a picture. Preferable naked as it'll give me a better idea of your problem areas.

Oh and vlad - Just ¼ of an inch from above the sternum.

21 in june, no but for you melons maybe, from the rear or front? if front errect or flaccid pic? can i wear a lfc scarf?

I am terrible at deadlifts but a guy I know showed me a good way which was to make sure the bar is always in contact with your legs. It rolls up and down your shins as you stand. Almost scratching the skin off. I started really light about 60 kg inc bar I'm now up around 140kg for 5 reps. I had a bad lower back but since doing deadlifts it has completely gone.

I always ignored deads and squats because I was scared of doing my back best thing I ever did was start them

21 in june, no but for you melons maybe, from the rear or front? if front errect or flaccid pic? can i wear a lfc scarf?

Mate, i'm willing to take what ever I can get!

You're in there, girl x

Fuck off you silly girlies. This is a man thread about weights,running and shit. Not for you giggling and wanting cock pictures.

Addressing the balance of the tit pictures - there's not enough cock pictures on this forum, and i'm not on about the chicken kind.

Besides, he's not even 21, It'd probably leave him mentally scarred for life.