You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourhino odds dropped to 6/1

T0RRES

Do you really think there is even the slightest chance of Mourinho coming here under the current owners? I certainly don't, so I think putting money on Mourinho as our next manager is akin to flushing it down the toilet, and, for me, only a gobshite would flush his money down the toilet.

Yeah I do mate. It's wishful thinking really, but I just think he quite fancies it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But they must have approached him and he didn't take it.

I'm sure that Manchester City did approach him, but i would imagine that he is after a different challenge to what he experienced at Chelsea where he also had unlimited funds but a player (Andriy Shevchenko)was bought for him by the owner, which is similar to what city did with Robinho.

Mourinho clearly wants to return to this country at some stage, and when that time comes perhaps managing a club who haven't won a league title for 20 years, and may soon be previously managed by a former rival appeals to him more?

Chelsea's hopes of landing Guus Hiddink as technical director have been hit by the Dutchman insisting he wants to remain as a coach.

The Russia boss turned down an approach from Manchester City to replace Mark Hughes and Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is open to working alongside Hiddink at Stamford Bridge.

However, the 62-year-old is reluctant to give up training ground duties and has refused to consider any offer until a new president of the Russian FA is elected in early February.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1237466/Chelsea-set-miss-Guus-Hiddink-Russia-boss-says-wants-managers-role.html#ixzz0aKuTjbSg

theres one possibly two? reasons Mourinho may just come here...

a)"tonight i felt the power of anfield road,and i must say.it was magnificent"

b)hes an egotistical old swine and theres nothing hed love more than to have that ego of his boosted by winning the league tittle for a club that has waited almost 2 decades.

im not a massive fan of his 'brand' of football but atleast he makes his teams pull together and makes substitutions to win matches early on instead of waiting for an alarm clock to ring on 62 minutes.

theres one possibly two? reasons Mourinho may just come here...

a)"tonight i felt the power of anfield road,and i must say.it was magnificent"

b)hes an egotistical old swine and theres nothing hed love more than to have that ego of his boosted by winning the league tittle for a club that has waited almost 2 decades.

im not a massive fan of his 'brand' of football but atleast he makes his teams pull together and makes substitutions to win matches early on instead of waiting for an alarm clock to ring on 62 minutes.

And there's two reasons that he will not come here. Gillett and Hicks.

I'm still waiting for Frank Ribery to join us!

I'm still waiting on Zinedine Zidane, Javier Zanetti and Didier Baptiste! Done deals they were. House on the Wirral and everything! That place will need a new paint job before it inevitably gets burgled whilst the owner is away at a match.

He also knows he wouldn't win it with us without decent cash. He wouldn't even risk it. There's a reason he's managed the teams with most money in that particular country, in his last 3 jobs.

Maybe the above is another reason as to why he may take the Liverpool job. To prove that he can be successful without money.

Chelsea's hopes of landing Guus Hiddink as technical director have been hit by the Dutchman insisting he wants to remain as a coach.

The Russia boss turned down an approach from Manchester City to replace Mark Hughes and Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is open to working alongside Hiddink at Stamford Bridge.

However, the 62-year-old is reluctant to give up training ground duties and has refused to consider any offer until a new president of the Russian FA is elected in early February.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1237466/Chelsea-set-miss-Guus-Hiddink-Russia-boss-says-wants-managers-role.html#ixzz0aKuTjbSg

I wish he would make his mind up about what he wants to do.

Where did you read that?

This is from The Times but everything i've read has said the same:

Mancini also raised doubts about the length of his contract, suggesting that he had signed for “six months and three years”. Officials were unable to clarify whether that meant the deal was contingent on success in the first six months.