You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SpeedyG: Stay or Go? You Decide.

SpeedyG

SpeedyG. Stay or Go?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. SpeedyG. Stay or Go?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this create a space for Rashid? One out, one in.

Sad to see Speedy go if that is to be the case. I can see why he got under peoples' skin sometimes but in my opinion he made some very good contributions to TLW.

Some of his posts about the business side of things were decent enough, but I think he never quite got what it meant to be a Liverpool fan. With being American, his affinity to the club and his frame of reference were always going to cause a bit of conflict.

I think he's English.

I think he's English.

He is

An ex-pat IT bod based in Florida is what I'd managed to discern from a few threads.

Shame he's gone, I don't know why people get the urge to stomp off like that though, if you've had enough of posting then fair enough, but not because one or two people argue with you about shit they feel strongly about.

It often fascinates me when I read the 'negging bastards' thread that it's often the sharpest (and probably the most successful) people who get the most easily annoyed by what is essentially - a bit of banter. There's probably senior IBM directors on the GF calling people 'Pricks' because they've been negged for a post about not liking twiglets. It's quite amazing.

What post pushed him over the edge? I used to have him on ignore because he was obscenely arrogant, and not the good kind, but a lot of his posts were getting through that barrier and he seemed to be mellowing. He definitly knows his stuff though, very insightful.

I put him on ignore a long while ago simply because his style of argument at the time was to ignore any answer you gave and repeadly ask a question of you. I have no idea if he mellowed or got better because if I saw his name in quotes I would simply not read what was written. Quite frankly this is a bit of a bizarre thread. If you're going to stay then stay. if you're going to go just say goodbye and go.

Think I missed most of the action because I don't come over here much, but as I say, on the GF he was a clued up and obviously intelligent poster, especially about the states and politics, the more people like that there are to express their views the better - that's my personal opinion.