You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 29/03/2024 at 11:11, Bob said:

Little Leo's cafe, Hull after staying and deciding the Ibis's £12 breakfast looked like muck.

I went for the full breakkie, my missus had the vegetarian.

Was cracking. Menu stated "hash browns" - plural - so only getting one was disappointing,  but... BUT... it was the best hash brown I've ever eaten by a mile. 

Sausage was very good. Could've been cooked more on the outside. Everything else was lovely. 

£8.50 for the breakfast, not sure how much extra for the coffee.

20240329_105130.jpg

Was you Mrs given half an egg and to compensate she was given a little square of yolk instead? 

What the fuck is going on there?

21 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Was you Mrs given half an egg and to compensate she was given a little square of yolk instead? 

What the fuck is going on there?

That's actually exactly how it's written in the menu.

"1/2 egg and compensation yolk square" I just assumed it was either a vegetarian thing or a hull thing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

You can’t tell me that you, of all people, are a uniform butter spreading Nazi?

I thought you were cool, man.

Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I would have pretended a bit longer. Give me another chance, Jose! JUST TALK TO ME!

I’m a fucking weird and finicky cunt with food. Drive my wife mad with it. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

In The Shiraz. Solid GF recommendation. No complaints whatsoever. 

IMG_3858.jpeg

Looks nice but I’m puzzled by the positioning of that tomato. Seems wrong somehow. I think I’d be happier to see it south of the sausages, or in the bin, or in prison. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

IMG_3858.jpeg

That looks decent. Very decent. How much was it? As Yorkshire says, weird place for the tomato like

• Upvote 1

Just rustled this up. Not a full breakfast admittedly, and it’s pretty much lunch time so more brunch, but aside from that you can all fuck off.

Depsite being a staunch pro beaner, I’ve realised that they have always given me grief, so I keep them for beans on toast only now. What’s in there is perfect. Absolutely perfect, and anyone who says otherwise is either envious or a cunt.

IMG_3820.jpeg

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, Curly said:

Just rustled this up. Not a full breakfast admittedly, and it’s pretty much lunch time so more brunch, but aside from that you can all fuck off.

Depsite being a staunch pro beaner, I’ve realised that they have always given me grief, so I keep them for beans on toast only now. What’s in there is perfect. Absolutely perfect, and anyone who says otherwise is either envious or a cunt.

IMG_3820.jpeg

That knife looks like it could do some damage.

There was a chap, round our way a few decades back, who’d have enjoyed a spot of murdering with that on a quiet evening where the television options were limited.

Glad to see you’re using it for more socially acceptable activities.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

That knife looks like it could do some damage.

There was a chap, round our way a few decades back, who’d have enjoyed a spot of murdering with that on a quiet evening where the television options were limited.

Glad to see you’re using it for more socially acceptable activities.

He probably ordered a breakfast from the same place Fugitive gets them from and it sent him over the edge

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Curly said:

IMG_3820.jpeg

Oh believe me, I'm envious, and quite fairly I'm also a cunt, but those eggs are not perfect.

Still would be pleased to eat it.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Curly said:

IMG_3820.jpeg

What's that on the toast, looks suspiciously like Margarine to me.

Eggs are only supposed to be orange in the yolk.

I've heard of sundried tomatoes but running them under a hair dryer for 2 hours seems bizarre.

Not a fan of potholes in eggs.

I do like a Berocca.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

What's that on the toast, looks suspiciously like Margarine to me.

Eggs are only supposed to be orange in the yolk.

I've heard of sundried tomatoes but running them under a hair dryer for 2 hours seems bizarre.

Not a fan of potholes in eggs.

I do like a Berocca.

It is marge - guilty as charged on that one. But wait for it - I actually prefer it!

I did 3 eggs, but one yolk cracked on the way into the pan, so it got fucked off from the main event - I ate it on its own, straight from the pan, just to drive home how disappointed I was in it.

The tomatoes were air fried - in fact, the sausages and bacon were too. Bet that’s ruffled a few feathers. Good. I don’t play by the rules. 

Potholes in eggs - please see above.

That cordial was stronger than I like it, hold my hands up there, but I did add water to it once I’d drank half, so I’m in full agreement with your criticism there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Curly said:

IMG_3820.jpeg

That looks shit! sorry.

eggs look retarded and the sausages look bulimic. The overdose of tomato makes me cringe. The only good point is the toats which any fucker can cook correctly and the bacon. Hang your head in shame.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

That looks shit! sorry.

eggs look retarded and the sausages look bulimic. The overdose of tomato makes me cringe. The only good point is the toats which any fucker can cook correctly and the bacon. Hang your head in shame.

Harsh but fair

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

IMG_3858.jpeg

If they didn't float the tomato like a buoy on the beans you would realize they are taking up about 1/3 of the enormous plate that moanero is going to neg.

footage of turds-i here w said 2mater

Jump On Buoy Seal GIF - Jump On Buoy Seal Jump - Discover & Share GIFs

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

That looks shit! sorry.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Harsh but fair

IMG_3823.gif

6 minutes ago, whtwht said:

Do any of you season eggs with salt and pepper??

That’s an extremely private and personal question for such a public forum, you pervert 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1