You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

dear liverpool number nine,

like all reds i think your one of the greatest players in the world and its fantastic that you play for the mighty reds and when your in form your a joy too watch fella! due too are shite owners its basically up too you and stevie to win us the league.but can i just raise a point that i feel you must address

after watching you for two tears,you seem too have developed a split personality that infuriates me,my dad and my fellow (red) mates.after the first 10 mins of a game,we can tell wether your "up for it" or "gonna be shite"!

i will use the spurs game as a great example of your "cant be arsed" performances......A)why do you lie motionless on the floor for 30 seconds every time your were tackled like youd broke your leg? why not get up off ya arse and chase back? does stevie,jamie and dare i say it it...shrekface lie on the deck like tarts? exactly! we scouses like people who fight and dont show any weakness to the opposistion! B)why do you constantly moan at the officials everytime your tackled? 90% of the time the tackles are fair and not fouls so instead of cryin just get on with it please fella!

i dont mind if your shit once every three games nando because your a great player and only human mate.i just cant stand players who dont give it 100% every week.surely its not impossible too give it your all once a week for an hour and a half? its very annoyin to see you throw your toys out your pram and tbh mate.its pretty fuckin embarrissin too watch too.you play for lfc not man ure knighted!

any thanks for listenin mr T,im sure youll read this and stop annoyin the hell out of me

yours sincerely

Some days he has a shit time and ends up pissed off as hardly anything works for him, that's him having : a cob on, whining, staying down too long, moaning at refs, etc, etc. None of us are perfect and that's just where he has some of his faults.

Deal with it, as it doesn't happen too often, and is worth going through for all the times when it clicks for him. If the fucking team wasn't so centered around himself and Gerrard maybe you wouldn't notice as much, but it is, so you'll just have to put up with it.

Let's be honest... some of the worlds greatest players are exactly the same. when did you ever see Ronaldo tracking back?

I can think of plenty of times when Gerrard hasn't looked arsed too...

Sometimes it happens, it could be down to the player not feeling right, not getting the rub of the green, refereeing decisions, shit going on in their personal lives, illness, an early knock, worry about an injury... when they're having an off day it's up to their team mates to step up and/or the manager to take control.

I'd be pissed off if I was playing in a team that played that badly. I get the ball and have no support, I don't get any decent passes, i don't get one chance. WHo wouldn 't be pissed off.

I do take the point about his attitude - perhaps he's believing his hype a little bit too much. Didn't Rafa sub him one game for having a poor attitude as well?

There's also that fact that he loves the club so much, so when you see the way we played, the problems we have with injuries and our bench, it's maybe not surprising that he's pissed off and moaning/having a go at refs. Maybe he was as pissed off as some of us at what was going on yesterday, and the service to him was so shit that he wondered why the fuck he was even trying at all as the game went on.

He was exactly the same at Atletico. Yes, he gets humpy, but that's him. As someone else has said, he did this in the first season also, we just ignored it.

Watch what happens on Wednesday if Gerrard gets his game going and gives him good balls he can work with.

It was a bad start. Having a pop at Torres is not the solution. I understand the opening posters point. People telling him to "fuck off" are just been stupid. But everyone needs to accept that now and then Torres gets a bit humpy but a decent chance and in particular a goal sets him flying.

Two reasons this letter shouldn't be sent:-

1)The derby where he spent a half moaning, then the other half whooping ass. I am sure there are other similar examples.

2) His English is still rudimentary. Asking him to read spaz, might be a bridge too far.

Number 1 is correct.

Number 2 is not easy alright!

Repped.

What a load of rubbish, he is the best striker in the world, if i was to read that shite above i would feel unwanted. We need torres, and even when he is having a shitty game, he comes up and scores a fucking winner. People on this forum are so negative it pisses me off, its been one game, we lost to the them last year, if we beat stoke on wednesday, were already 2 points up from the 2 games we played against spurs (a) and stoke (h) last year. If us fans are not going to be positive about the season ahead after one fucking game then how can the players, will these people just stand up and support our lads. I don't know about you but i want to do anything and everything as a fan to help bring this bastarding title to anfield this year. i need it, we all need it and liverpool need it. So come on support our club! p.s. when torres does lie on the ground for 30 seconds when he goes down and then limps off it scares the shit out of me, so he can stop doing that, :).

From Liverpoolfc.tv

The 25-year-old has scored an incredible 50 goals in 85 games during his two seasons at Anfield, helping to earn a Ballon d'Or nomination in 2008.

He is also a talisman for Spain, for whom he netted the winner in Euro 2008.

Despite all this, Torres believes there are plenty of areas where he can improve.

"I'm very proud because when I came from Atletico I just wanted to play some games and see if I could play in a top team like Liverpool," the No.9 told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Now two years later I think I am improving a lot, and I think I can improve a lot yet. I am still young, just 25."

Torres put pen to paper on an improved deal last week.

Despite being tied to Anfield until 2013, with the option of an extra year on top of that, the Spaniard hopes he hasn't signed his last contract with Liverpool.

He said: "I'm really happy. I hope I have a lot of seasons to play here.

"I'm happy because I went right from Atletico, I had never played in the Champions League before, and Liverpool gave me the opportunity to play against the best teams in the world.

"I am really happy to sign a new contract with Liverpool and I hope I can sign more contracts in the future here.

"I feel good because the fans are fantastic with me. Every week it is amazing to see all the fans singing my name and my song. I am very proud to play for Liverpool.

"It is one of the most important clubs in Europe; the club with the best fans in the world, I am sure about that; and one of the clubs with the most history in modern football."

Meanwhile, Torres admits Liverpool must fly out of the blocks against a stubborn Stoke side on Wednesday if they are to kickstart their Barclays Premier League campaign.

Tony Pulis's men held the Reds to two frustrating draws last term - but a point will not satisfy Torres and co this time round following Sunday's opening day reversal at White Hart Lane.

"We know them, we know last season we played against them and it was really difficult," said El Nino.

"We couldn't win against them, so we are waiting for a very defensive team. They will try to score from set pieces or from a long ball, but we have to be offensive and go from the first minute until the end to try to score. And if we can score in the first minute I am sure we can win.

"The best thing when you lose is having a game three days later because we have the chance to forget about Tottenham.

"It is disappointing when you cannot win, but I think we have to improve, we have to be positive. We can get three points and we are on our way."

Be ashamed you doubters.

This season is going to be make or break for Torres's Liverpool career.

If we have another cash-starved struggle with the thinnest squad of any of the Top 6 clubs, and fail to win a trophy, then next summer is going to be FULL of speculation that he wants to go elsewhere.

And this time there will be truth in it.