You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Juan Galonso

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I bet Rashid was thinking the same when you two were at each other ;-)

I was as much out of order as he was and I'm not proud of having a pop, but he was a gobshite you I had an issue with and I felt what I said needed saying.

If other people have an issue with that I understand

I always wondered why he got slated by people, for writing in tnotw one of his first pieces, that the yanks had loaned the money to buy the club?, before anybody else mind.

I have always wondered why Parry banned him from the press conference at anfield to welcome the yanks? I'm sure parry told the echo "he may ask the yanks the wrong questions".

I think that was from moores to be fair.

Is he banned from press conferences? that just shows how petty and out-of-touch whoever banned him is. Staff men on nationals don't need to go to press conferences these days. The Press Association, Reuters etc. file every dot and comma and nine out of ten of them are live on Sky.

People use the NotW thing to bash Bascombe cause they're cunts. They're one step away from using Hillsborough as a means to have a pop at someone since that what it comes down to.

I never sounded that sunday sun bollocks..

But Bascombe is still an utter utter cunt.

Once again we're turning this thread into a "lets all have a go at bascombe" bash. Its point, if I remember correctly, was is our captain a cunt for talking to him? Absolutely not. He talks to Chris because he's the only journalist he trusts, which is what Gerrard said in that sycophantic Sky One "living with Stevie" docu they did the other year. He's also the only journalist Carragher trusts, which is why he asked him to write his autobiograhy. So if our captain trusts him, and our vice captain trusts him (both proper scousers, lad) then maybe we should all give Chris a break.

No, the intended point of this thread was "the only reason people don't like CB is because he writes for the NOTW, so what do you say now, eh? eh?".

Which is complete bull.

The main reason many Liverpool followers don't like CB is because he's writes absolute trash about Liverpool FC. Some of the most unbelievable sensationalist dagger-in-the-back shit printed anywhere in the last season and a half has come from CB.

Which makes him just another sad, stupid, vindictive, dishonest tabloid hack not fit to piss on.

The thing which stands CB out is his professed love for Liverpool FC.

Which means he's a HYPOCRITICAL sad, stupid, vindictive, dishonest tabloid hack not fit to piss on.

Which at least puts him ahead of the pack. I guess thats why he gets so much mention on here :whistle:

He was banned by Parry for the yanks press conf, He is still banned now.

Just shows he's getting under their skin, which is what journalists are meant to do.

Without getting into a love Rafa/hate Rafa debate, the Spaniard clearly likes to control, and he's unable to control Chris, which is why he's still banned from press conferences.

For the record for people who seem to think Chris B is a mate of mine. No he isn't. He is a mate of some of my mates. I have met the lad a few times, nothing more. Even if that wasn't the case however I would still be saying the same about the shite he gets on here. I respect him as a journalist and everything atk has been saying on this thread is totally spot on.

I just wanted to gage reaction off the people who have called a good red all the cunts going over the past eighteen months for his switch to NOTW and see how they felt about our captain doing an exclusive for the second time in three years with the same paper.

If there was a problem with it last time when he did it with his autobiography then do people honestly think he would have done an exclusive again for the same paper? No he wouldn't. It goes to show that the issue isn't with NOTW after all.

If people don't like what CB writes about the club that is fair game but if our club captain can do an exclusive with NOTW and not feel guilty about it then that says it all and the people who use the NOTW as a stick to beat CB with are so wide of the mark.

Neither am I as that's what mates do' date=' back each other up.[/quote']

And they're the same mates that start crying when someone accuses them of being cliquey.

This ganging up is a bit childish, isn't it? This is a discussion forum, not a gang war. Debating opinions is fine; siding with someone because he's your mate, regardless of whether he's talking bollocks or not, seems a bit feeble on a footy forum.

Not having a go at you personally, it's just that I've seen this argument put forward by a number of people who then start brimming with self righteous indignation when someone says this place is full of cliques.

Guest ShoePiss
For the record for people who seem to think Chris B is a mate of mine. No he isn't. He is a mate of some of my mates. I have met the lad a few times, nothing more. Even if that wasn't the case however I would still be saying the same about the shite he gets on here. I respect him as a journalist and everything atk has been saying on this thread is totally spot on.

I just wanted to gage reaction off the people who have called a good red all the cunts going over the past eighteen months for his switch to NOTW and see how they felt about our captain doing an exclusive for the second time in three years with the same paper.

If there was a problem with it last time when he did it with his autobiography then do people honestly think he would have done an exclusive again for the same paper? No he wouldn't. It goes to show that the issue isn't with NOTW after all.

If people don't like what CB writes about the club that is fair game but if our club captain can do an exclusive with NOTW and not feel guilty about it then that says it all and the people who use the NOTW as a stick to beat CB with are so wide of the mark.

How do you come to that conclusion when a lot of the comments have been along the lines of the paper is not worthy to use for wiping your arse?

I haven't bought a newspaper since 2005.

I used to buy the Independent for 20p at uni.

I don't know why anyone would buy a paper anymore when you can read it on the internet.

Maybe report was the wrong choice of word. Question may be more apt.

Like I said, I don't know Tony, but I can't remember any world beating exclusives during his time at the Echo but he wasn't on sport for that long nowhere near as long as Chris. But that's by the by, I wish him luck at The Times, it's a great job. Shit paper, read by arseholes in Surrey, but a great, well paid job.

Klinsmann. More specifically getting Tom Hicks to elaborate on exactly what went on. Something for which he was almost universally praised.

Silva. More specifically getting Rafa to publically admit that we tabled an offer last season, but that we were miles away in our valuation.