You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Would Babel go to Birmingham though?

I haven't got a clue

Although the garage-house scene down in Brum is bouncing, so you never know.

That and the fact that if he want's to make to World Cup he needs game time.

It's a shame because I always thought if he was given a decent run and with the right application he could make it.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him do very well for someone else

His goal scoring and the amount of goals he set up weren't shit.

I'd be interested to know how many goals he murdered with a misplaced pass, poor first touch, cross straight into the defender or embarrassing mishit/airswing when trying to 'shoot'. A lot more than he scored or 'assisted' I'll wager.

Revisionist nonsense

Also, I wonder whether Rodriguez would also be written off so willingly if he was going anywhere else for a nominal fee?

And hasn't Rafa done well getting 4.4 for Dossena and agreeing 8 million for Babel, considering the most was expected for them on here was some magic beans and a train fare?

Whilst I agree about the outgoings, Rodriguez going anywhere else would barely have been mentioned I'd say. I certainly can't remember his name being mentioned as potential freebie targets were being bandied about.

Good luck to him if he comes here, but much points to him not being able to make an impact.

Whilst I agree about the outgoings, Rodriguez going anywhere else would barely have been mentioned I'd say. I certainly can't remember his name being mentioned as potential freebie targets were being bandied about.

Good luck to him if he comes here, but much points to him not being able to make an impact.

Well, he would have certainly been mentioned in dispatches as Moyes was looking at him, and I can just imagine the reaction on here if he HAD signed for Everton and done well.

I haven't got a clue

Although the garage-house scene down in Brum is bouncing, so you never know.

That and the fact that if he want's to make to World Cup he needs game time.

It's a shame because I always thought if he was given a decent run and with the right application he could make it.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him do very well for someone else

I reckon he'd have a better chance of shining under an, 'arm-around-the-shoulder', type of boss but it's difficult to be sure because he does seem to have an intrinsic lack of hunger and desire.

I just hope that if he does leave and we have £12M to spend (possibly more if we can offload Degen, Voronin etc) that we spend it wisely this time.

One thing I will say is it'll mean one less player, out of about three, with some pace in the squad. We're desperately short on that and could do with a bit of it.

Don't hink any of our reported targets have any, though.

This made me cringe! Johnny, like you a lot mate but it's 'HAGGLE'! FUCKING 'HAGGLE'!

To be fair to you, half the population makes the same mistake...

The sensible thing for me to do would be to just admit my mistake and move on. But in the name of this forum I am instead going to try a meaningless and pathetic argument to get out of it. So here I go........

Well fuck you, you don't know me, who do you think you are anyway? I meant we'd barter with Birmingham by looking for Larsson from them for Babel, so there!!!! (You buying any of this??)

One thing I will say is it'll mean one less player, out of about three, with some pace in the squad. We're desperately short on that and could do with a bit of it.

Yeah that's very true.

Would you sell for the money being offered?

Well, he would have certainly been mentioned in dispatches as Moyes was looking at him, and I can just imagine the reaction on here if he HAD signed for Everton and done well.

Hardly a reason to go for him ourselves though - that he might do well over the park.

Lack of pace, his age, the fact he can't hold down a spot for Athletico and Kuyt playing in his position and being undroppable for any length of time would be enough to have me erring on the side of caution and looking elsewhere.

Let's be honest here... Maxi Rodriguez is a good, solid player... and he's got technical ability and we won't get slower with Kuyt on the bench, and Maxi on the pitch.

I'm happy with Maxi joining, as I think he'll do well enough to improve our squad and get Kuyt to pull his socks up.

We REALLY need to get a decent striker to join us... and Heskey ain't that guy.

Let's be honest here... Maxi Rodriguez is a good, solid player... and he's got technical ability and we won't get slower with Kuyt on the bench, and Maxi on the pitch.

I'm happy with Maxi joining, as I think he'll do well enough to improve our squad and get Kuyt to pull his socks up.

i agree, it also means if it comes to it and we dont get a striker Kuyt can play there, not everyones cup of tea i know but he will do a job

The sensible thing for me to do would be to just admit my mistake and move on. But in the name of this forum I am instead going to try a meaningless and pathetic argument to get out of it. So here I go........

Well fuck you, you don't know me, who do you think you are anyway? I meant we'd barter with Birmingham by looking for Larsson from them for Babel, so there!!!! (You buying any of this??)

Ha! Very good! (Had to read it twice, so my bad, my thick)

Have some rep.

Just as well we have absolutely no intention of signing him them

I'd be interested to know how many goals he murdered with a misplaced pass, poor first touch, cross straight into the defender or embarrassing mishit/airswing when trying to 'shoot'. A lot more than he scored or 'assisted' I'll wager.

That biblically shit argument that you've just made there is like bitching about us winning the Champions League in 2005 because we nearly went out in the group stages.