You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our badge

Acid

A return to the simple Liverbird with LFC undernearth would be fine with me, it's too busy with the gates and flames on it and the Liverbird is tiny. As others have said the flames and YNWA could be incorporated elsewhere on the shirt.

When you say this someone always tries to make you look a cunt for saying the flames should be removed...oh well.

I'm not making you look a cunt but the flame should always be a part of our crest.

A lasting reminder to everyone about a big part of our history.

shirtsp.png

some variations with the flame, opinions?

I prefer the gold one with gold adidas and the flame on the left of the liverbird. Like the bird is watching over the flame rather than turning its back on it like in the last one.

The middle one nails it. That's all we should have on the badge.

The yanks tried to copyright it to change it last year but they were slaughtered from all quarters

The club crest is already a registered trademark. They attempted to copyright the Liverbird as it appears on the crest. The challenge was on the basis that the Liverbird, in whatever form, belongs to the City of Liverpool, not the club.

The original LFC Liverbird was great in its day. But our badge has now evolved just like the club.

The current badge reflects our history, Shankly, Paisley, YNWA, Hilsborough. In 1992 when the currently badge came about albeit with a couple of tweaks and colour here and there, I didnt fancy it. Now, I think our shirts would look bare without it.

The original LFC Liverbird was great in its day. But our badge has now evolved just like the club.

The current badge reflects our history, Shankly, Paisley, YNWA, Hilsborough. In 1992 when the currently badge came about albeit with a couple of tweaks and colour here and there, I didnt fancy it. Now, I think our shirts would look bare without it.

Same here really, even with all the add ons from what was still a great badge with just the bird and lfc, its like Ive only ever seen us wear carlsberg on the front, and I think it would look a bit weird without it.

Also with people saying put the flame elsewhere on the shirt, someone suggested on the back of the collar/neck, probably where the liverbird is now, howabout the liverbird and flame combo from the 1st page on the back of the neck/collar?

• 1 year later...
At the risk of repeating myself, if the club MUST stick with the current badge, make it all gold. There is no need for green everywhere, and it cannot be difficult to do.

Bump.

Basically this in gold, IF we have to stick to the current design. None of this 5 stars nonsense which would need changing if we ever won a sixth.

LFC_red.jpg

Courtesy of Tom O off RAWK.

shirtsp.png

some variations with the flame, opinions?

I prefer the gold one with gold adidas and the flame on the left of the liverbird. Like the bird is watching over the flame rather than turning its back on it like in the last one.

The middle one looks nice but with the badge/LFC in white with ONLY the flames in gold.

Give it five years, the Yanks will have the Liver Bird pointing, smiling and winking. You'll Never Walk Alone will be replaced with 'Super Duper' And the Eternal Flame will be held up byTony The Tiger.

Have you been smoking the wacky tobaccy?

Edit: Apologies... Didn't see the date on the first post..... THOSE Yanks would have...

Guest San Don
Do you like it? Are there previous versions you would prefer? What would you change about the one we have at the moment? And also what is your favourite football badge from around the world(Pictures yea?)?

Here are some previous ones Ive found, your opinions?

livbadge.gif

Could only get these ones on shirts...

lfc-crown-paints-shirt-86-87.jpg

1713M.jpg

The Liverbird with LFC beneath it was boss.