You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

Yeah, I think he had a dig at foreign managers and then eulogised about Curbishley.

I like Danny and he was gutted to leave Liverpool.

I could care less if Murphy had a dig at Benitez, he didn't have one at us. He's always shown us respect, and he's always shown us love. Murphy may not have done as much for the club on the field, but he'll have a page in our history to the footnote that Owen will have.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not going to happen, but I think it would be better if he was greeted with a wall of silence rather than a cacophony of boos when the little rat comes to Anfield.

Indifference hurts more than hatred. Knowing him, he'd probably relish being the centre of attention that day.

I could care less if Murphy had a dig at Benitez, he didn't have one at us. He's always shown us respect, and he's always shown us love. Murphy may not have done as much for the club on the field, but he'll have a page in our history to the footnote that Owen will have.

Kinell, isn't that exactly what I just said?

I absolutely expected more dignity from him than he's shown throughout this. I'd agree that ignoring him would be better than acknowledging his presence.*

*Although I can understand if others feel differently.

I absolutely expected more dignity from him than he's shown throughout this. I'd agree that ignoring him would be better than acknowledging his presence.*

*Although I can understand if others feel differently.

I'd like to that but I feel the moment I see him set foot on our pitch with that fucker on his chest I won't be able to hold back.

Watching him score that goal was like getting a little twist of the knife between the shoulder blades and every time he scores will be the same. I know we shouldn't let it bother us, with what Owen has done but for some reason it bloody hurts and will do with every picture I see of him in that shitty '50s rugby league manc shirt.

This was in the Guardian today, he was talking looking at other teams before signing forms for us,

He first met Ferguson more than 15 years ago.

"I was quite nervous," he laughs. "You get different types of players, some come through early, others late, but I was one of the better kids hence I went round to quite a few clubs. I met Glenn Hoddle at Chelsea and George Graham at Arsenal. It was nerve wracking – even then Manchester United were a top, top team.

"But I had been at Liverpool from an early age and been living away from home at Lilleshall [the FA Centre of Excellence]. Liverpool allowed me to travel and live at home. I didn't want to move away and Manchester was just that little bit further."

Tosser

His England obsession continues too, I see:

"I have never given up but you understand that it is better to read about than the fact that I have been in every preliminary squad before it is pared down. I have had a letter every time. I know from being in those squads that the manager, Fabio Capello, is keeping an eye on me. I am confident I will play for England. I can catch Sir Bobby (Charlton) too. I have nine goals to catch his goals record, so that is probably a year and a half away. We'll see."

Does this prick never learn? He's been there ten seconds, scored one goal in a meaningless game against a shit team and he's already rattling on about England. What a fucking tit.

Or how about,

"Yes, I used to play for Liverpool," he says. "But there has been a lot of change; there are not the same players or the same staff as there was. I left a long time ago. There is only really Gerrard and Carragher left."

Yes Michael, but it's still the same club, history, stadium, and fans, I think this one hurts the most.

Or how about,

"Yes, I used to play for Liverpool," he says. "But there has been a lot of change; there are not the same players or the same staff as there was. I left a long time ago. There is only really Gerrard and Carragher left."

Yes Michael, but it's still the same club, history, stadium, and fans, I think this one hurts the most.

It's the one that's most telling, isn't it? I don't think you - or we - should be hurt it though. In its unthinking simplicity, that statement exemplifies perfectly his lack of affinity with Liverpool Football Club. Michael Owen has had the career he deserves and I don't foresee a dramatic change to his fortunes just because he's joined The Mancs. He'll ultimately be regarded as a player who fell short at the highest level because his game was based on exploiting a combination of pace and finishing, but he couldn't cope when one of those two attributes deserted him. The injuries and the mercenary nature will just be more grist to the mill.

If Owen is scoring goals he will play & the more he plays, the better for us as the whole system they play has to be changed to accomodate him.

If he is injured it is amusing on a personal level but then it is just a deadweight financial loss of his wages for the Mancs.

Either this transfer is because the LadyBoy's cash is going to pay off short-term debts or even better it is a result of GinSoak having to think tactically on his own without Quieroz availabe to help him- either way they are worse off next season (although arguably if it is the debt reduction they will be better off long term)

Far better to play & disrupt the entire tactical system (their worse run in the PL was 1out of 5 when they had the Horse up front scoring goals galore)

Profile of a Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self

Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying

Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions

When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

You think I jest?

Edited by Section_31

Does Owen own a VW? Anyone remember this.....

"This is the man who bet a million on black when it came up red. This is the man who married a sex kitten just as she turned into a cat. This is the man who moved into the smart money just as the smart money moved out. This is the man who drives a Volkswagen. Everyone must have something in life he can rely on."

I think you'll find that time will bring perspective. Murphy's contribution will be recorded like Phil Boersma's. Owen's stats and contribution when he was here will guarantee him a place in the history books, whether we like it or not.

How can Owen scoring goals for the Mancs be better for us?

He needs the whole team built around him as he cant hold the ball up otherwise & he likes it played quickly over the top.

Erikson's England & GH's Lfc were built in a v similar way.

That wastes all the (& i hate to say it)extremely talented players the Mancs have.

The Mancs won 3 in a row, signed RVN & then won 1 in 5 before winning 3 in a row after he left & RVN was a great goalscorer

He can have his 20 goals as it means the Mancs won't win the PL or CL.