You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Liverpool fear price war over Inler move

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 9:51 PM on 03rd July 2009

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Liverpool have targeted Gokhan Inler to reinforce their midfield once they lose Xabi Alonso.

With Real Madrid only delaying their offer for Alonso, and Barcelona still keen on Javier Mascherano, manager Rafa Benitez knows he must fill the breach.

But he has been alarmed at Udinese's £18million asking price for Switzerland midfielder Inler.

Benitez is reluctant to bid more than £10m.

Kenny Dalglish's return to Anfield was confirmed yesterday. He takes a senior post at the Academy.

Liverpool fear price war over Inler move | Mail Online

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Real Madrid only delaying their offer for Alonso, and Barcelona still keen on Javier Mascherano, manager Rafa Benitez knows he must fill the breach.

But he has been alarmed at Udinese's £18million asking price for Switzerland midfielder Inler.

Not that I believe any of this shite anyway, but if this was true he's going to have to fucking wake up a bit. He's after a replacement for Xabi, not some squad player.

Fucks sake I hate the window when it gets like this.

A guy on This Is Anfield is claiming David Silva and his agent arrived in Liverpool today.

I'm not shooting the messenger or anything, but surely someone else would have said something about this by now if true? Silva and his agent arrive in Liverpool and only one guy spots it? I'm gonna go back to what I usually do and just see what happens without posting much.

Fuck the window and fuck uefa! Cunts!

I would fucking love it if we signed Silva.

Same, just wondering if there's gonna be any fucking midfield left if that actually happens.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Fuck it if I was Rafa just tell the 2 of them there going nowhere give mascher a payrise and win the league, never in my 32 years on this earth have I wanted anything more than to win the league to sicken that little welsh bastard next May.

Amen to that

would it be better haven no window ?

That would probably be so much worse, but the bullshit journalists come out with just gets so annoying. How many fucking players have we been linked with? And how many of those players will we actually end up with? It seems so obvious that it's just about getting attention.

When the season's going I can spend a decent while on here, but when this is going on only about 5-10 mins at a time, just so annoying. Sorry anyway, will stop whining and just frown and bear it until the window shuts or we actually make another signing. My 5-10 mins is up for now. :whatever:

Just seen this on the BBC gossip column, would be great if it happened :

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has vowed he will shout in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's face if he scores against the Red Devils next season. (Daily Mirror)

Just seen this on the BBC gossip column, would be great if it happened :

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has vowed he will shout in Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's face if he scores against the Red Devils next season. (Daily Mirror)

He's a mercenary and a cunt. I've lost all respect for him when he said he won't sign for us "out of respect for Man Utd" but would sign for City.

He's a mercenary and a cunt. I've lost all respect for him when he said he won't sign for us "out of respect for Man Utd" but would sign for City.

United fans won't give a fuck about City, they will if he joins us. He has more class than Michael Owen. Agree about the mercenary cunt bit though....

Maybe, still funny if he decides to shout in slurs face after putting a goal past him though.

That was just some PR bullshit.

He signed for City because they offered him the most cash

If we had offered him the most, he would have come here & said the opposite.

That was just some PR bullshit.

He signed for City because they offered him the most cash

If we had offered him the most, he would have come here & said the opposite.

Why didn't Owen sign for City? They were in for him too according to Owen's agent as were some "top European clubs"....

Why United when they offered him the worst deal and on Pay as you Play?

Why didn't Owen sign for City? They were in for him too according to Owen's agent as were some "top European clubs"....

And you know this because?

20495310.JPG

When you are concerned only with being Mr England and you see shit like Wes Brown getting a regular place in the England side solely because he plays for UTD then what other choice did the cunt have.

Sky Sports said so..... yes I know I know but they were spot on with it from the first minute.

Are you having a laugh? You think Sly Sports had the right info so Owen definitely got the best deal at Utd? Haha, you must be joking.