You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa is class but will not work with Torres imo. I would take Aguero over Villa and probably Ribery over Villa aswell. If there is any change left from the imaginary 100 million i have just spent i would get an attacking right back. Then find some more imaginary money and get an attacking central midfielder.

I think Aguero is a possibility and we could get him on a reduced fee like Torres if he says he wants to join us.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa and Torres are the perfect partnership, they complement each other perfectly.

No they are not. The perfect partnership is Keegan and Toshack. Get your stats all you want, but watch them play. Villa restricts Torres. The European Champions was teh clearest view of this. Spain were far and away the best team but Vill and Torres were getting in each others way, and Villa was restricting Torres having fre run at the defences. Spains best football was played when one or the other were taken off.

Fuck me, people obviously cant see the forest because of all the trees on this subject.

Who cares if Torres dont score as many goals as when he is a lone striker, its simple maths.

25 vs 20 + 15

I dont think Torres is a better finisher than Villa either, from what I have seen I would say it was the other way around.

Fuck me, people obviously cant see the wood because of all the trees on this subject.

Who cares if Torres dont score as many goals as when he is a lone striker, its simple maths.

25 vs 20 + 15

I dont think Torres is a better finisher than Villa either, from what I have seen I would say it was the other way around.

I can't agree with that Code because it is defied by REALITY.

i think the robbie keane deal proved that you can't just assume you can change our system or expect players to adapt to unfamiliar roles and still produce as expected. i'd rather that 20-30M be spent on a some better attacking midfielders.

does anyone have any idea how the goals to game ratio compares between the torres/villa combo for spain and the torres/gerrard combo for liverpool?

i think the robbie keane deal proved that you can't just assume you can change our system or expect players to adapt to unfamiliar roles and still produce as expected. i'd rather that 20-30M be spent on a some better attacking midfielders.

does anyone have any idea how the goals to game ratio compares between the torres/villa combo for spain and the torres/gerrard combo for liverpool?

Villa is ten times the player Robbie Keane is.

I cant see Villa coming to us, as we simply dont have the money, but then again, if were sold who knows ! But it would still give you concerns about our system and who would play where in a 4-2-3-1, or if we'd move to 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3. We dont want more changing, we need a system and then players who fit, with occasional variation as we saw at Portsmouth or indeed at Juve in 05.

Personally, Id be more inclined to think we may look at getting Henry, as he'd be great as the left sided player of the 3. Gerrard, Torres, Henry and Kuyt has it all, hard work, pace, power, width and most of all goals.

With Xabi. Masch and possibly Barry providing the platform for those other four to build on.

It is irrelevant whether villa is better than keane imo. No one is good enough to break the Torres/Gerrard partnership and Torres does not play well in a 2, he needs to be up top with 2 forwards either side of him. When has Torres played well with Villa and that is also being surrounded by other amazing players. Unless Villa can play in the Riera or kuyt slot?

We have to buy an exceptional alternative to kuyt on the right who can also play on the left and then an attacking forward rather than an out and out striker imo. We also need a more attacking midfielder and rb cover. Ideally 4 players.

If Torres is fit he will play and if not maybe we could play villa in a 442 but will he be happy on the bench and can we afford money on the becnh when we need players for other positions?

I think we need a top player as back up for Gerrard as that player will be able to play 451 and 442 and we will have to get someone happy to sit on the becnh as back up to Torres.

Why not get a player, who can change a game in a second, who addresses one of our weaknesses?

Whats wrong with playing Gerrard out wide right as his starting position?

If we get Villa in all we need is a wide left player with more and better fullbacks and we would have the perfect team.

Both Villa and Torres have a 1 in 2 record or better when they have played together for Spain, really shite combination this one.

Whats wrong with playing Gerrard out wide right as his starting position?

If we get Villa in all we need is a wide left player with more and better fullbacks and we would have the perfect team.

Both Villa and Torres have a 1 in 2 record or better when they have played together for Spain, really shite combination this one.

Torres doesn't seem to play to his full potential when partnered by Villa though.

They might goals between them but so do Gerrard and Torres and they suit each other. If we got a good winger like Ribery instead of Villa i think we'd be a better team than with him.

Saying that I think Villa is amazing and one of the top 3 strikers in the world along with Torres and Eto'o.

D.Villa was the first striker Rafa wanted to sign, but he went to Valencia instead.

People keep saying we need a winger instead, well for some reason I dont think we will get either Messi or C.Ronaldo and apart from them there is no one I rather would see out wide instead of Gerrard.

We would get the goals from Torres, Villa and Gerrard and I have got a funny feeling such a combo would outshine one of Torres, Gerrard and this mysterious winger.