You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane/Redknapp

Brownie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs saying. Im sick of watching that idiot conduct his transfer dealings through the media.

" Oh yeah , he's a great player is Jermaine and we've lodged a 14m bid for him as well as unofficially speaking to his agent and offering him 70K a week, but he's a Pompy player so it would be disrespectful to say anymore"

Rinse and repeat for about half of the fucking league.

Im not certain its benitez who has complained about comments from redknapp and \ or spurs. I get the impression its LFC through benitez who have made these comments.

Got to say, I could understand the club making a point but it does seem a bit small time. But what goes around in football often come back so I dont think spurs can be indignant if we were to report them.

Sorry if already posted in another thread.

Benitez angry at Spurs over Keane

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has warned Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp to watch what he says about wanting to re-sign former Spurs striker Robbie Keane.

Redknapp said he would like to have Keane back at the club and Benitez is unhappy at the speculation surrounding the Ireland international's future.

"They have to do things properly. They have to make an official offer and we will say yes or no," said Benitez.

"I think he is a long-term part of our plans, I hope he scores lots of goals."

Redknapp insisted he had done nothing wrong.

"I only answered the question: do you wish Robbie Keane was still at the club and I said yes," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I wish Michael Carrick was still at the club, but he is not - it is hypothetical and it's not going to happen unfortunately.

"I wish Dave Mackay was 22 and is still playing here and Glenn Hoddle was 18 and still here. That's all I said."

Keane has failed to hold down a first-team place at Liverpool since his arrival from Tottenham for £20m last summer.

He was dropped from the squad for the recent FA Cup tie with Everton, but returned for the League game with Wigan and is expected to be involved against Chelsea this weekend.

The London club were unhappy with Liverpool's conduct when they signed Keane, a situation that was only resolved when the Reds apologised and made a donation to a charity of Tottenham's choice, but now it is the Anfield club expressing dissatisfaction.

"We have said to Spurs that we are not happy with them because of the comments from their manager about Robbie Keane," he said.

"I do not think that they have come in with an offer. He has been training this week very well, he is our player and he is trying to make sure he is ready for the next match.

"We were very, very correct when we signed Robbie even though Spurs were complaining. Now we have this situation to deal with.

"You must do things properly, especially when you have complained about everybody when he first joined us."

Story from BBC SPORT:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Benitez angry at Spurs over Keane

Published: 2009/01/30 16:34:02 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Im sure the people at Villa will read Rafa's "do things properly" comment with some interest.

I've just realized something as I write that. Harry has realized that it was getting a bit old blaming Ramos' shite squad for his failures, so his cunning plan is to reassemble Martin Jol's first eleven, so he can blame him instead!

Time for Rafa to offer Degen in a swap deal for Lennon .. :whistle:

..it's that Levy who's the fucking hypocrite.

Yeah, a bit of a missed oppertunity to have a pop at that cunt Levy. We should have tore a fucking strip off him, but it should have been done by our Chief Exec, not the manager. Oh wait, I see the flaw in my thinking. It'd be like being savaged by a dead sheep. On second thoughts they should have called me in to do it.

Yeah, a bit of a missed oppertunity to have a pop at that cunt Levy. We should have tore a fucking strip off him, but it should have been done by our Chief Exec, not the manager. Oh wait, I see the flaw in my thinking. It'd be like being savaged by a dead sheep. On second thoughts they should have called me in to do it.

I definitely think it's him who we should be focusing our anger towards. Redknapp has done nothing that other managers don't do. Rafa does it too.

I bet Ramos wasn't that arsed about what happened with Keane and Berbatov (in regards to the tapping up), he'll have just wanted the money as quickly as possible so he could sort the squad out.

Parry should take Levy to the cleaners, IMO.

I definitely think it's him who we should be focusing our anger towards. Redknapp has done nothing that other managers don't do. Rafa does it too.

I bet Ramos wasn't that arsed about what happened with Keane and Berbatov (in regards to the tapping up), he'll have just wanted the money as quickly as possible so he could sort the squad out.

Parry should take Levy to the cleaners, IMO.

As previously stated, Boro, Wigan, Sunderland and Liverpool would possibly disagree with your assertion .. :whistle:

As previously stated, Boro, Wigan, Sunderland and Liverpool would possibly disagree with your assertion .. :whistle:

All managers do it. I remember Megson doing it not long ago, Rafa's done it, Ferguson's always at it, Moyes has done it.

EVERYONE does it.