You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I assume the most exciting bit of the race yesterday was the take down of Cara Delevingne…

…I don’t know what is expected of people in the grid area (or whatever it’s called) and she obviously has a right to not talk, I do think that if she’s wearing a hat to promote a charity (Mindmaze) it wouldn’t have taken her long to give it a plug, otherwise what is the point of her being there? 

Brundle’s grid-walk - if you can call it that - is always awkward, due to him being almost a cripple due to his F1 injures. Making him walk the grid to earn a crust is cruel to say the least, poor bastard.

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I assume the most exciting bit of the race yesterday was the take down of Cara Delevingne…

…I don’t know what is expected of people in the grid area (or whatever it’s called) and she obviously has a right to not talk, I do think that if she’s wearing a hat to promote a charity (Mindmaze) it wouldn’t have taken her long to give it a plug, otherwise what is the point of her being there?

She's retweeted this thread after the drama so I'm guessing there's some accurate points being made :

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

She's retweeted this thread after the drama so I'm guessing there's some accurate points being made :

All of it is completely her choice and she had the right to do whatever she likes.

I do think it’s a bit off her not promoting the Charity on her hat. Florence Pugh was engaging and spoke passionately about her charity - it’s not really asking much. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I do think it’s a bit off her not promoting the Charity on her hat. Florence Pugh was engaging and spoke passionately about her charity - it’s not really asking much. 

Yeah I don't know what was going on, just thought the levels of crap she's getting for simply not speaking to Sky Sports has been insane. And we don't know why the F1 rep has told her not to speak either if that's true. And if it wasn't she'd be risking getting called out on it which would make things way worse for her.

Personally I don't think anyone should be required to speak to media somewhere like that so I'd take her side on it. Maybe seeing it was Sky Sports got my back up too and all of the crap she's been getting on twitter.

It's also kind of mad that the F1 rep could've caused the entire thing by telling her not to speak, haha. If they'd have quickly explained why that was it might've been the best way of resolving it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hamilton was disqualified from his 2nd place in texas as his skid plate was deemed to have worn excessively. Le clerc got done for the same reason.

Harsh, but they accepted it. Ironically, it was mercedes that were the most vocal in making sure that that plate wasn't wearing excessively as they thought red bull were cheating by making theirs more flexible than everyone else's.

Harsh but fair.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Hamilton was disqualified from his 2nd place in texas as his skid plate was deemed to have worn excessively. Le clerc got done for the same reason.

Harsh, but they accepted it. Ironically, it was mercedes that were the most vocal in making sure that that plate wasn't wearing excessively as they thought red bull were cheating by making theirs more flexible than everyone else's.

Harsh but fair.

There was an issue with a particular part of the track having a ‘bump’ in it - it was the cause of Piastri’s retirement after getting shunted by another car negotiating that bump. A cockpit camera caught the action, and at the same time caught Hamilton’s car bottoming out on the very same bump. Clearly it was a factor in the wear of the barge board

Also, from the Beeb:

*The skid blocks are in place to prevent teams running cars too low, which can be a potential aerodynamic advantage.*

What a load of fucking shite. If they ALL do it there is no advantage. Just let them get on with it, it’s not fucking Indycar!

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant last couple of laps with Alonso and Perez fighting for 3rd. 

Alonso held him off well for a few laps, Perez got past and Alonso retook the position. Perez nearly had him in the last few metres. Less than a tenth of second behind. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The whole thing is an absolute farce. Worst track I've ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

3 laps

1 virtual safety car and now the real one is out now. 

No grip on the track at all. 

Lando Norris lucky he's not been badly hurt, as soon as he brakes the car just loses all control

Money talks.