You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Mike D said:

Race director Michael Masi sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60418716

About time, the useless fucker. He was way beyond shit before unfairly influencing the title, but afterwards it was clear what had to happen. I feel a bit sorry for Max, because his title is absolutely stained and Masi's removal clearly outlines that. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

About time, the useless fucker. He was way beyond shit before unfairly influencing the title, but afterwards it was clear what had to happen. I feel a bit sorry for Max, because his title is absolutely stained and Masi's removal clearly outlines that. 

It isn’t ‘Max’s title’ and never should have been. 

No matter how boring and tedious Hamilton can be that was his title. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

It isn’t ‘Max’s title’ and never should have been. 

No matter how boring and tedious Hamilton can be that was his title. 

Well, exactly; that's what I meant by stained. It wasn't even Max's fault, so I can't hate him for it. I can hate him for lots of things but not that. I have only just been able to start to look at F1 again after that decision. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, exactly; that's what I meant by stained. It wasn't even Max's fault, so I can't hate him for it. I can hate him for lots of things but not that. I have only just been able to start to look at F1 again after that decision. 

I don’t mind Max, I don’t mind Lewis. There’s nothing about either of them I could ever ‘hate’ or even ‘like’. 

F1 is completely void of anything to raise emotions. It’s almost why I could nearly believe that decision was deliberate. 

• 4 months later...

As soon as i saw the reply i though Russel was at fault there also. In his onboard you actually see him check his mirror but still go across. 

One thing i didn't agree with was the time it took for F1 to show a reply. I understand they were waiting to see if the driver was ok but they could have still shown the reply with no need to broadcast the aftermath of the driver still in the car and trying to get pulled out ect. 

Everyone knows F1 is a dangerous sport and the risks they accept and take. Trying to sanitise the sport by not showing the potential bad side to it is really providing a dishonour to the risks these guys take. 

Even after it was confirmed the driver was ok f1 still didn't broadcast a reply for a good 20 minutes. 

Glad everyone was ok in the end.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Unless Russell was tapped from behind, that's an atrocious piece of driving cutting across the track like that straight into Zhou. You see that type of shite driving in BTCC all too often.

Sounds like Zhou is pretty unscathed, thankfully.

He was hit from the side. He came over to close the space so Gasly couldn’t take him on the inside but Gasly was pinched from the left and caught GR’s back wheel, causing him to flick hard left. 

• 5 months later...

Formula 1 drivers and other participants in FIA events have been banned from making “political statements” without the permission of the governing body.

“Now, Vettel drives a rainbow bicycle, Lewis [Hamilton] is passionate about human rights and [Lando] Norris addresses mental health,” said Ben Sulayem. “Everybody has the right to think. To me, it is about deciding whether we should impose our believes [sic] in something over the sport all the time.” 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Formula 1 drivers and other participants in FIA events have been banned from making “political statements” without the permission of the governing body.

“Now, Vettel drives a rainbow bicycle, Lewis [Hamilton] is passionate about human rights and [Lando] Norris addresses mental health,” said Ben Sulayem. “Everybody has the right to think. To me, it is about deciding whether we should impose our believes [sic] in something over the sport all the time.” 

That is what you need to do when your business model is chasing despotic regimes.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, stringvest said:

Forgot about these - spent a day at the Williams factory last year. 

IMG_8172.jpeg

IMG_8178.jpeg

Those are mighty cars. I’ll be watching the Mansell doco on Netflix.

Epic British Grand Prix this morning (NZ time)

Lando Noris has a very bright future indeed.

• Upvote 1

I assume the most exciting bit of the race yesterday was the take down of Cara Delevingne…

…I don’t know what is expected of people in the grid area (or whatever it’s called) and she obviously has a right to not talk, I do think that if she’s wearing a hat to promote a charity (Mindmaze) it wouldn’t have taken her long to give it a plug, otherwise what is the point of her being there? 

Despite looking like Pat Butcher, Florence Pugh did the right thing…

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Wow. 

Sounds like a Bradley Walsh tribute act. 

Also, whether he has a new album out or not (I think he does) as a Liverpool supporter, he should know better.

Or maybe that’s why tried to ruin it, in which case, good job.