You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Just had a fucking geeze at the back of my napper there. It's worse than I remembered. I need some time to adjust to this but it may have to come off. Fuck sake.

It's weird, I'm not really vain, I don't care about fancy clothes, cars etc. I don't even do my hair in any sort of style any more and haven't done for years. But this hair loss thing has really got to me. Wanking shitting fuck.

It depends on how you look bald I imagine, some blokes suit it. I wouldn't though, my head's the wrong shape.

Just had a fucking geeze at the back of my napper there. It's worse than I remembered. I need some time to adjust to this but it may have to come off. Fuck sake.

It's weird, I'm not really vain, I don't care about fancy clothes, cars etc. I don't even do my hair in any sort of style any more and haven't done for years. But this hair loss thing has really got to me. Wanking shitting fuck.

If you've noticed it then others have too.  I'd recommend a number 1 as soon as possible.  Happened to me at about the age of 26 (with my family genetics it was a ticking timebomb) 

If you've noticed it then others have too. I'd recommend a number 1 as soon as possible. Happened to me at about the age of 26 (with my family genetics it was a ticking timebomb)

I was going to recommend trying a number 1 cut first just to get used to having very short hair before going full Kojak.

Had a few drinks on Saturday. Got to bed around 4am.

All things considered, what would even in my 30’s have been a light night. Still struggling to feel right again today.

Got two mates visiting Friday. Genuine feelings of concern about it.

It's not Stig and Colin is it?  If it is I don't blame you.

For those who suffer badly from hangovers have a go at drinking maybe 4 or 5 pints of water before going out. The trade off is needing a piss every 20 minutes straight off the bat but it does wonders for reducing your hangover suffering.

For those who suffer badly from hangovers have a go at drinking maybe 4 or 5 pints of water before going out. The trade off is needing a piss every 20 minutes straight off the bat but it does wonders for reducing your hangover suffering.

Probably a good idea, you end up needing a piss every 20 minutes eventually anyway so it's not much of a sacrifice for the sake of an extra hour without breaking the seal.

4 or 5 pints seems a bit much though, so I might aim lower the first time I try this.

My hangover tip is Dioralyte.

It's made for taking if you've got a bad case of diarrhoea to quickly replace the water and minerals that you lose through shitting yourself, only costs a couple of quid doesn’t contain anything weird (made for kids to use too) and it definitely helps you get on your feet quicker. Swig it down with a couple of paracetamol and some multivitamins and you'll be sorted. eac479a1671bfab33c936077443233df.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I test drove a Volvo today.

I had a XC60 for a couple of weeks while waiting for the new car. Tbh, I don’t see how they can be that safe when they don’t handle very well

Back to topic. I bought a roof rack and a box today and not for anything cool like snowboarding. I can’t wait to be able to use it

Not sure if this is the correct thread but pissing.

If I wake up at 3am wanting a piss, guaranteed I’ll do the same the next night.

So now I am fighting a piss hard on till 6am most nights so as not to create a pattern. A piss muscle memory.

Is that age?

Plus walking out of pubs.

I try not to drink these days but when in company and I’ve had enough I just fuck off.

I left a place last night after a curry and beers and just fucked off to bed.

Been told today that was rude.

I replied by saying trying to shag 18 year old birds while your Mrs is at home with a new born is a bit more rude and you can fuck off,

Think my Directorship has gone a few weeks further down the line.