You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirty Pretty Things...

Chris

I can't believe the balls on these fucking indie cunts. Sat there on the main stage on Sunday... with my back to them obviously... while my friends had lunch.

I wasn't paying too much attention, but then my ears were pricked by some familiar chords with a slightly soulless flavour.

"Sell the kids for food, weather changes moods" emerged from the mouth of the unwashed indie cunt sending this author into a fit of uncontrollable rage. Sadly from my lofty position at the back of the stage, a bottle of piss would never reach.

Who the fuck do they think they are, the fucking indie cunts. The absolute cunts. I bet all of their scruffy little dirty fan boys thought it was post ironically wondrous, a splendid cover worthy of a place in the idieshit hall of fame.

What followed was the single worst cover ever performed. Every single chord sucked the very life out of one of the finest songs ever written, one previously packed full of feeling neutered by the most soulless genre of generic shite ever. I fucking hate indie kids. The dirty, scruffy, generic, soulless cunts.

Fuck off.

"There's been a lot of indie bands today. That's enough of that shit, we're Bullet for my Valentine and we're here to play British Heavy Metal" - Matt Tuck

I thought the first album wasnt bad, so went to see them live. Even though I got the ticket free (I feel really sorry for those who paid £15 to get in, hahahahahahahahahahaha). They were shockingly bad live, and its the worst gig Ive ever been to.

Bang Bang Your Dead is still a class song though.

They're an awful band, but it's only a cover version. And Kurt loved English indie bands as well.

Yeah that’s pretty much it.

I have a theory that Nirvana are uncoverable, though. I heard Tori Amos doing a version of Smell’s Like Teen Spirit on the radio recently and it was so egregious I had to turn the radio off.

Basically my theory goes that the songs themselves are generally pretty simple, and what makes them is the dirtiness of the guitar but mainly the soul, passion and power of Kurt Cobain’s singing. There was this unique combination of the heaviness, pain, anger, joy, whatever combined with the sound of his voice and the music which just made them work.

So covers of Nirvana songs just sound really really bad, and there’s no way for another singer to put their own slant on them, because that completely misses what made the song work in the first place.

That fat cunt from the Gossip covered Smells Like Teen Spirit at Leeds last year, the horrible cumbucket.

Has anyone actually told her not to take her clothes off on stage?

Or is this like one of them things when your one the bus and you have a banging headache, and theres some chav bird on there, and her kid is crying and screaming, and rather than calm the kid down, the mum just screams at it back, but you say nothing anyway even though its just fucking wrong.

I can't believe the balls on these fucking indie cunts. Sat there on the main stage on Sunday... with my back to them obviously... while my friends had lunch.

I wasn't paying too much attention, but then my ears were pricked by some familiar chords with a slightly soulless flavour.

"Sell the kids for food, weather changes moods" emerged from the mouth of the unwashed indie cunt sending this author into a fit of uncontrollable rage. Sadly from my lofty position at the back of the stage, a bottle of piss would never reach.

Who the fuck do they think they are, the fucking indie cunts. The absolute cunts. I bet all of their scruffy little dirty fan boys thought it was post ironically wondrous, a splendid cover worthy of a place in the idieshit hall of fame.

What followed was the single worst cover ever performed. Every single chord sucked the very life out of one of the finest songs ever written, one previously packed full of feeling neutered by the most soulless genre of generic shite ever. I fucking hate indie kids. The dirty, scruffy, generic, soulless cunts.

Fuck off.

"There's been a lot of indie bands today. That's enough of that shit, we're Bullet for my Valentine and we're here to play British Heavy Metal" - Matt Tuck

That's it, I'm negging Monty for this outrage.