You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I love the way Rashid argues a point.

How many good players do Liverpool have then eh?

Lots

How many do they have if we take out all the good ones then....well?

Guarenteed to win every argument if you rule out everything that disproves your point, you cunning fox you.

I love the way Rashid argues a point.

How many good players do Liverpool have then eh?

Lots

How many do they have if we take out all the good ones then....well?

Guarenteed to win every argument if you rule out everything that disproves your point, you cunning fox you.

How many attacking players in FOUR years have been an unquestionable success?

Depends, am I discussing this with a rational person or you?

I am irrational...so imagine you are discussing it with someone rational. It would be good to hear who you think is an "unquestionable success"... reel out the names mate... let's see your standards.

I am irrational...so imagine you are discussing it with someone rational. It would be good to hear who you think is an "unquestionable success"... reel out the names mate... let's see your standards.

That's the problem Rash, who are you comparing them with?

Players at the club already, the player of the year, Ronaldo this season?

If you were comparing them with ROnaldo for example then you coulld say the only attacking signings that have come close for any team are Adebayor and Torres.

Much more talent than Pires for sure

Are you joking? Pires was absolutely immense. If he became as good then Arsenal have will have a superstar in the making. I really hate missing out on great young players, and will be really, really pissed off if he ends up in North London. We are really crying out for a player with his attributes - at £11m he is certainly worth the risk that he might not develop as expected, as if he did we would reap the benefits.

It's fair to do a generic evaluation - a good way is to see how well they have done in comparison to the cost to the club...

Has Kuyt been a £10m striker?

Has Pennant been a £7m winger

Has Crouch been a £7m striker?

Has Babel been a £11m winger? (Rafa said he has been bought for the wing when he first signed)

That's £35m there... ie less than the cost of Ronaldo and Nistellroy....

But it doesn't end there... you have to add expectations of a "Liverpool" player into the mix too... I am not impressed with Rafa's attacking signings but obviously many of you are so we will probably have to agree to disagree.

He has had ONE top notch success in Torres, the jury is out on the rest no matter how you dress it up mate. The fact that after FOUR years you are suggesting 3 young reserves as a "future success" just about proves my point.

But I refuse to have these idiotic argumengts over excuses for Rafa...

Let's get back to Ben Arfa.

Let me get this straight. You are slating our manager AGAIN because he hasn't signed an unproven young player who isn't good enough to get into Lyon's fucking 1st team ?

Wanting to sign glitzy, exotic substitutes from/posting You tube clips, regardless of the, being the opposite type of player and price the Club's legendary manager has ever signed.

Reading/quoting articles from The Sun.

Rating players worth, ability and contribution by applying their contract price to them.

OOT shite par excellence is around Liverpool Football Club more than ever these days.

Is the oppostion here to Ben Arfa the player or the fact that Rashid has recommended him?

Play the ball lads.

As I've said, i've seen a bit of him and he looks like just the type of player we are missing, he can actually control and run with the ball which is something neither of our first choice widemen can do. Ferguson if I remember singled him out as one of Lyons two best players before their tie with them. I see it this way, if Ronaldo played with us, we'd be champions this year. This lad is the type of player we should be trying to unearth and give us that something extra as he has it in him to make that kind of step up. If he is available at 11 million we should be in for him.