You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Life of Pi.

Amazed that I actually really enjoyed this.

Obviously it looks amazing, and I mean seriously amazing in places, but it's just a feel good road movie. Without the road.

A fantastic slice of escapism, conjuring Forrest Gump and Benjamin Button and falling somewhere between the two.

I saw the 2D version, but I would honestly say it's probs worth the extra to see it in 3D.

8 out of 10.

Cried my fucking eyes out. I'm no 'lovie', nor a big fan of musicals, but I am human. Best acting I've seen... Ever? Maybe ever, yeah. It's up there.

Just watched it now. 7.5/10 for me. Didn't find it emotional to be honest, but then again seeing Simba's dad killed in The Lion King has hardened me. Thought Jackman was great, and Crowe too. Hathaway was good, but I wasn't blown away by her and I was bored for parts of the film.

That was Plan B.

I'm assuming that's somebody's name. Probably talks as if he's black. well he's a shit actor.

Anyway, Django. Another overrated Tarantino flick. Could have been excellent but he's too up his own arse with over-extended scenes and needlessly lengthy dialogue which added nothing to the film. This should have been around an hour shorter.

5/10

I'm assuming that's somebody's name. Probably talks as if he's black. well he's a shit actor.

Anyway, Django. Another overrated Tarantino flick. Could have been excellent but he's too up his own arse with over-extended scenes and needlessly lengthy dialogue which added nothing to the film. This should have been around an hour shorter.

5/10

Behave yourself, Michael. Of course you know who he is!

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea! I just googled him to discover he is an English rapper and am therefore almost certainly correct in saying he talks like a black guy.

'Ladies and gentlemen, my friend's band, Plan B' The Bulmers advert. No?

Does your boy laugh at you?

Dredd

Now I'm no comic book fan, but thought Dredd was a great action film.

Very, very similar to The Raid : Redemption. Perhaps scoring slightly lower on the action but slightly higher on the humour, but nonetheless Dredd kicked arse.

Karl Urban was dead pan great as Dredd, straight from the Mr Eastwood school of law enforcement. And that is some compliment.

Can't wait for a sequel. Pity the bird was a bit inconsequential - loses a point for her lacklustre performance.

8.5 Wardances out of 10

(PS - I reckon Lurtzy's actually being too kind about The Sweeney and that Cockney cock end. I didn't have a clue who the talentless rarf was either.)

'Ladies and gentlemen, my friend's band, Plan B' The Bulmers advert. No?

Does your boy laugh at you?

I know that ad. Had no idea "Plan B" was in it. I don't watch ads if I can help it. Usually mute, post some nonsense on here or go make a coffee.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lurtz Junior didn't know who he was either. Like me, he'd never listen to any radio stations or watch any tv channels who'd play that particular brand of, er, music. It's very, very easy to avoid bloody awful mainstream shite if you want to.

I might look slightly foolish as everyone points and laughs "He doesn't know who Plan B is!" Big deal? Nah not really. My ears remain "Plan B" free which makes me happy.

Some of Plan B's earlier stuff when he had his acoustic guitar with him wasn't too bad. No More Eatin' was a decent enough tune. Anything from the past three or four years from when he started to look like a fat beakhead waster and went all 'soulful' is best avoided. Never seen him in a film like and not really in any rush to.

Anyway, watched Road to Perdition on Film 4 tonight. 9/10.

Really enjoyed how a lot of complex themes were wrapped up inside such a simple and gripping narrative. Amazing cinematography and you can tell it was a Sam Mendes film because it was very similar to American Beauty in style and the use of music.

Great cast as well. Hanks, Newman and Craig were all boss (as was the lad playing Tom Hanks' son). Jude Law was also very good. I'm not really a massive fan of his, but he was creepy as fuck in this.

Gangs of New York

Watched this years ago and fell asleep. Foolish boy. Finally got round to watching it properly today. What a fucking great film. Day Lewis menacing and brilliant, DiCaprio decent and a great, gritty supporting cast.

7.8 dead rabbits out of 10 glass eyes.

Life of Pi

Missus wanted to see this. I'd read the book and been slightly underwhelmed so wasn't massively keen. It was ok in general though. The film itself looks fantastic and the tiger is absolutely amazing. Probably the best use of CGI in film history thus far I would have to say.

Definitely one to watch at the cinema and not knockoff nigel on the laptop. The cinematography and the visuals really are the best aspects of the film. I saw it in 3D, but probably the normal version would be equally spectacular. I dislike 3D.

7/10

Les Miserables 8/10

Much better than I'd expected after hearing some bad reviews. Ending was a bit silly and the bird who played the older Cosette was really shit on the other hand the older Eponine was awesome (not a big surprise though, as she's been a part of the stage version for a while). As I am really gay when it comes to musicals I really enjoyed the musical bits very but the art work was the most impressive and the acting was also very good.

Zero Dark Thirty - 8/10. Quite liked that. I liked how it took its time over everything.

It was on for probably as long as Django, but I didn't ever feel like it was outstaying its welcome. Very very good.

Yup, Django is 9 minutes longer, but felt an hour longer than ZD30 which is a superb film.

The sun's burial. 9/10.

A lurid and fierce depiction of corruption and survival in a post war osaka slum and the insanity festering in its community. Hanako is one of my top female characters of all time and this film never loses its impact. Oshima, director of merry Christmas mr lawrence too, was a huge influence on the extreme but artful cinema now produced across eastern asia. Hearing that he passed away yesterday I decided to rewatch this. One of japans great filmmakers.