You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you could give any one piece of advice

grazywalker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pensions are, for the most part, rubbish, RJ. That £200 could have gone into a bank and then a mortgage and you wouldn't be worried about getting fucked over like so many others have with pensions.

My advice: You only live once so make sure that you focus on doing things that help you enjoy your time here.

work harder in school, as it will make it easier for you when you`re older

and the same thing with the girly thing, dont get caught up in the crows rubbish, if you wanna ask her out, do, dont think because she`s the "popular one" she wont say yes

thats because the a bird i had a crush on when i was 15 actually liked me too ,i only found out when i was older, and didnt see her anymore :whoops:

Im 42, and trust me, that's the best advice so far.

When your life flashes before your eyes make sure you've got something to watch.

There's a girl in our office who's 21 and hasn't done a fucking thing with her life. She's already living with her fella and wants to have kids.

What's she going to tell them? Your dad knocked me up and here we are. I've got no experiences to share with you? It just seems really sad that that's all she wants to do.

I'm 30 and still child free. Maybe one day I'll have them but at least I've got something to watch.

Its not one peice of advice like the thread asks for but why would you only give your kids 1 peice of advice

Try to enjoy everyday of your life

Never do a person a bad deed

Always remember you are as good as anyone and better than no one

Learn as much as you can as often as you can as it is never wasted

If you haven’t got the money to buy it then don’t buy it

Manners cost nothing and will bring great rewards

laughter is the key to health

You can do anything if you believe you can and want it enough

If Money was important the good Lord would make sure you where born with a wallet

Never ever be afraid to try its better to try and fail than give up

Never have sex with anyone you wouldn’t be prepared to spend the rest of your life with

Pensions are, for the most part, rubbish, RJ. That £200 could have gone into a bank and then a mortgage and you wouldn't be worried about getting fucked over like so many others have with pensions.

My advice: You only live once so make sure that you focus on doing things that help you enjoy your time here.

Not when its final salary and you're buying extra years old boy.

Make the most of your education. When you're choosing between a night in the pub and finishing that coursework, do the fucking coursework. It fucked me for years.

Get confident. Public schools teach this better than state schools. I've never been lacking in belief in my own ability, but when I first arrived at Uni the public school people had it in spades and it takes you years extra to acquire it. I wish state education would focus on building personalities and confidence more.

You get very few unconditional relationships. Make the most of your relationships with your parents, when they do go let the grieving process happen. Don't bury your head in the sand, get on with dealing with issues left; there will always be some. Its the small things you'll miss so cherish their faults and foibles.

As others have said don't get into debt. If you think that extra £100 will make do difference cos your already so in the hole, don't kid yourself. It will lead to loads more extra £20, £50's and £100's which mount up; and extra thousands do make a fucking difference. Own up to yourself and deal with it.

When you find someone special, be yourself, don't fuck things up by trying to be someone you're not. You will get a few years down the line and realise you can't live on their terms. If your going to be with them, damn well be you, you'll get more out of it.

Start a pension early, I did, best thing I have ever done. I will be able to retire years before my parents ever could and much more comfortably. An extra £200 a month won't be missed if you never had it in the first place, especially when getting your first job and you'll be fucking glad of it when you retire years earlier than those who spunked it up the wall.

If it looks to good to be true it is.

Go for it, don't be conservative. Back yourself.

I noticed that when I went to uni last year. At first I thought the public school boys were all just cocky bastards but it was just that they were better socially.

Some good and interesting advice on here.

woops!

I didnt say i followed it, just in an ideal world

Sex is timeless and they are doing nothing now that wasn't done before somewhere through history its like fashion views change

But if I asked any man that i knew would they like to have the Girl getting gangbanged by him and the footy team in the shower to be his wife or someone else i know what the answer would be

I would rather love and respect the person i had sex with then just fuck anything that moved and i hope my kids feel the same way

always remember people have emotions and feelings and never fuck with either if you can help it

If anyone has ever met or knows anyone who has been headfucked by someone then they will know what i mean

I'm not sure if public schools give their pupils the confidence they clearly have. Couldn't their more privileged backgrounds and high achieving parents be a more likely source?

It's probably a combination of both. However, both public school and successful, high achieving parents can break confidence. There's a mate of mine, his Dad went to Stowe, their Grandfather studied Maths at Cambridge and was highly successful, he received honours amongst many other achievements. My friend's Dad is a proper nice bloke but he's not done nearly as much with his life, he's shy and suffers from depression. Apparently he struggled with the long periods away from home at school and I think he feels like he lets his parents down.

I'm not sure if public schools give their pupils the confidence they clearly have. Couldn't their more privileged backgrounds and high achieving parents be a more likely source?

I think you certainly have a point and perhaps as Dirk says its a mixture of both,; its not going to hurt having a stable and more privileged homelife. I'm not knocking state schools here. I do however think that Public Schools instil a certain confidence within their pupils that state schools don't.

I don't wish to generalise here as in all professions there are good and bad. But I think all of those at state school could think of a number of teachers within the faculty that enjoyed knocking pupils and putting them in their place. Equally of course there are great teachers who you will remember till the end of your days for great education, fun, encouragement and developing you.

I just think from discussions with friends from private schools that there seems to be more focus on developing personalities and confidence than you would get at a state school. Equally I'm sure there are some horror stories of private school ruining lives too.

Lost my Dad in Sept, never said I loved him to his face, said "We all love you" but not 'me'.

Other advise I've gave my kids.

1. Don't have kids til you in your 30's or financially stable.

2. Never, ever, ever, get a credit card.

Wish I could go back in time.

I have to disagree, but I would say if you do (I was 24 and skint) be prepared for a rough ride. Being in your 30's doesn't come into it.

When your life flashes before your eyes make sure you've got something to watch.

There's a girl in our office who's 21 and hasn't done a fucking thing with her life. She's already living with her fella and wants to have kids.

What's she going to tell them? Your dad knocked me up and here we are. I've got no experiences to share with you? It just seems really sad that that's all she wants to do.

I'm 30 and still child free. Maybe one day I'll have them but at least I've got something to watch.

and you young (ish) man have a very negative view of kids. It not all ironing and vomit.

I don't wish to generalise here as in all professions there are good and bad. But I think all of those at state school could think of a number of teachers within the faculty that enjoyed knocking pupils and putting them in their place. Equally of course there are great teachers who you will remember till the end of your days for great education, fun, encouragement and developing you.

I just think from discussions with friends from private schools that there seems to be more focus on developing personalities and confidence than you would get at a state school. Equally I'm sure there are some horror stories of private school ruining lives too.

I remember one teacher at a high school I attended (I went to two, it wasn't the where Paul works, it was the other one I attended) used to call us "Impotent wooden tops," that would amount to little in life. He'd frequently be shouting at us, there were loads of teachers like this.

After leaving school I worked behind the bar in a pub near Bromborough Station. One day, this abomination of a man came into change the condom machine. It was the greatest piece of karma ever.

I remember one teacher at a high school I attended (I went to two, it wasn't the where Paul works, it was the other one I attended) used to call us "Impotent wooden tops," that would amount to little in life. He'd frequently be shouting at us, there were loads of teachers like this.

After leaving school I worked behind the bar in a pub near Bromborough Station. One day, this abomination of a man came into change the condom machine. It was the greatest piece of karma ever.

When I started High School it was a few months after my Brother had been expelled. So I got some harsh treatment for the first two years of so, until they realised I was nothing like my brother.

I was told upon leaving to go to do 'A' levels at college (as if i was going to stay on there) by my deputy head of year; with whom our family always got on well, that they decided to put me with a strict form tutor and teachers for the first year to make sure I didn't step out of line. I was subjected to detentions for the slightest infringements and generally kept an eye on.

I know my brother was an arsehole at school, but we as a family had some difficult times back then. Looking back it was over the top and destroyed early confidence.

I'm actually quite offended by this. So having kids is "doing nothing with your life"? Firstly, being a parent is probably the most important and fulfilling role a person could ever undertake. And secondly, your life doesn't have to stop because you've had kids. It's perfectly achievable to make something of yourself at the same time as being a parent. For some women, motherhood is their vocation. Though I don't understand this personally I wouldn't knock it. I have loads of admiration for women who are happy being housewives and mothers. Don't knock it, it's a bloody hard job.

I have to disagree, but I would say if you do (I was 24 and skint) be prepared for a rough ride. Being in your 30's doesn't come into it.

and you young (ish) man have a very negative view of kids. It not all ironing and vomit.

I'm with James. If people waited to have kids until they could afford them there would be next to nobody on earth.

My one piece of advice is learn to be content with today. We spend so much of our lives thinking that the present is shit, and if we can just ride it out till we get a new job, promotion, bigger house etc then everything will be rosy. But when that time comes you'll be chasing even brighter tomorrows.

When I started High School it was a few months after my Brother had been expelled. So I got some harsh treatment for the first two years of so, until they realised I was nothing like my brother.

I was told upon leaving to go to do 'A' levels at college (as if i was going to stay on there) by my deputy head of year; with whom our family always got on well, that they decided to put me with a strict form tutor and teachers for the first year to make sure I didn't step out of line. I was subjected to detentions for the slightest infringements and generally kept an eye on.

I know my brother was an arsehole at school, but we as a family had some difficult times back then. Looking back it was over the top and destroyed early confidence.

I got that because of my big sister, thankfully only from one teacher. Also thankfully it was in my best subject, German. I was constantly being sent out of class for doing nothing, it was full on victimisation and my head of year did nothing about it even though he was well aware that it was going on. I used to just say to her that I was going to get an A anyway. She said in front of the class that there was no way I'd get an A. I did, but I bet that her constant getting at me affected the marks of the other people in my class. Stupid cow. My Mum, who is german and helped me loads with my revision, met her in town shortly after we got the results and said poker faced "Isn't it wonderful that he got an A!".

Never, ever buy cheap decorating tools, particularly paint-pads from Wilkinsons, as they are sure to fall apart as you are emulsioning the bathroom ceiling, leaving the room a mess and yourself looking like some sort of inverse Papa Lazarou.

Furthermore, never stay with anyone that you don't love "for the sake of the children" - it is utterly selfish, and the pain suffered by your partner when you do finally leave (who will doubt the entire relationship if you tell them that you haven't loved them for years) is far, far worse than "coming clean" about your feelings beforehand.

Above all, be nice.

My one piece of advice is learn to be content with today. We spend so much of our lives thinking that the present is shit, and if we can just ride it out till we get a new job, promotion, bigger house etc then everything will be rosy. But when that time comes you'll be chasing even brighter tomorrows.

What she said. Take a bow, miss.