You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It gets better and better - there's strong rumours this morning that West Ham will land Anelka for £10m. Good player and everything but:

Neill

Bowyer

Bellamy

Dyer

Anelka

Ferdinand Jnr

Boa Morte

Even Ljungberg can be a bit mouthy sometimes.

Hopefully the Christmas party will be broadcast live.

That story about Bellamy is 4th hand info at best. I know he's a little tempestuous sometimes, but it's never going to happen after the first couple of matches. Having said that, I bet Curbs won't be arranging any golf days out, just in case!

The money West Ham are spending brings to mind George's 'drunken sailor'.

The idea of bringing yet another bad attitude player to join Bellamy, Mr Ambition, and the original towrag, is just ludicrous, and now they're expected to sign Anelka as well. Gluttons for punishment. Maybe they're all masochists. Apart from the bad attitude, the injury records of each of these players makes awful reading as well.

They had great momentum att he end of last season, but that was largely fired by Tevez and a 'do or die' attitude, but now he's gone and the aftermath may not be pretty. They will find it next to impossible to find that urgency and drive needed to keep themselves in the pack.

And now I've just read something from the gossip columns that Egghead has given them six weeks to become European contenders or Curbishley gets the sack. Six weeks! :D

The Dyer one is bizarre. Why would you knowingly buy an injury-prone player with a bad attitude on previous wages of 60 grand a week for £7m? Newcastle must be pissing themselves.

One that also previously had a fight on the pitch with one of your current players.

Murphy was absolutely shit, despite a few goals against United. He epitomised the low expectations of lots of supporters at the time who thought he was any good at all. Slow, slow-witted, predictable, with piss poor distribution and no appetite for getting back after he had given the ball away. And they are his good points. Aaaaaaagh! Thank fuck we got shot. He's slowly sinking to his level now, which isn't - and never was - Premiership first team. He'll be at Hull before you know it, struggling to make the bench.

Hardly surprising really, you're not going to climb off that in a hurry to go to training!

That was the reason for the picture drewy. I remember reading some interview where he said when he'd just started seeing her and she would be sending him picture messages to his phone. He said that he was breaking the world land speed record after training to get home. He's been doing this whilst taking the piss out of a couple of London based clubs (as an actress, I'm sure this is where she needs to be based) at £30,000 a week. Jammy bastard.

Dunno if it's true or just the stuff of Popbitch, but she was rumoured to be shagging someone else whilst he was at Charlton.

whilst taking the piss out of a couple of London based clubs (as an actress, I'm sure this is where she needs to be based) at £30,000 a week. Jammy bastard.

Murphy was absolutely shit, despite a few goals against United. He epitomised the low expectations of lots of supporters at the time who thought he was any good at all. Slow, slow-witted, predictable, with piss poor distribution and no appetite for getting back after he had given the ball away. And they are his good points. Aaaaaaagh! Thank fuck we got shot. He's slowly sinking to his level now, which isn't - and never was - Premiership first team. He'll be at Hull before you know it, struggling to make the bench.

I almost agree with all of that, he wasn't "absolutely shit" he very, very nearly was though, but his goals against the mancs pull him slightly above that tag. His wasteful passing used to fucking annoy me so much, he was worse than Li'l Luis by a country mile, and Luis also had that creative spark that you just knew he could pull something out of the hat, something that Danny boy can only dream of.

Oh yeah that's a load of hogwash about Bellamy.

• 2 weeks later...
The Dyer one is bizarre. Why would you knowingly buy an injury-prone player with a bad attitude on previous wages of 60 grand a week for £7m? Newcastle must be pissing themselves.

Dyer's just broken his leg apparently (link). I think he's made from the same stuff as Michael Owen.

Dyer's just broken his leg apparently (link). I think he's made from the same stuff as Michael Owen.

I still can't get my head round why they signed him even now. Everyone in football knew how risky it was and they all - bar West Ham - stayed a mile away from signing him. They might as well have flushed their £7m plus wages down the toilet.

The Bellamy story would be so apt, I wish it was true.

Danny Murphy has, in every sense, left the building.

As I was typing this, my munching of a Peperami coincided with BBC1's "Silent Witness" presenting a roasted corpse for my viewing pleasure. At the very instant that the grisly scene and gristly sausage became connected in my mind, Emilia Fox appeared and banished nausea with one glance of her disproportionately large, yet beautiful eyes. Bless you Emilia.

• 5 years later...

Portugal

30 May 2013 22:00

In the first fascinating extract from his autobiography, Bellamy tells how Liverpool's infamous Algarve trip descended into chaos

Tee hee: Bellamy's gof-themed goal celebration against Barcelona after his Riise bust-up Tee hee: Bellamy's gof-themed goal celebration against Barcelona after his Riise bust-up

Getty

Craig Bellamy’s autobiography, GoodFella, lays bare one of the most notorious incidents in recent English football history.

In February 2007, Liverpool travelled to Portugal for a five-day training camp to prepare for their Champions League second round tie against Barcelona.

On the last night on the Algarve, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez allowed the players out for a meal but it was disrupted by an argument between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise, whose nickname was Ginge...

Ginge was a nice enough lad.

He was a bit of a child. He was insanely *competitive. If there was a competition to see who could ping a shot against the crossbar, he was always mad keen to win it.

People used to make a joke of it and say: ‘I bet Ginge could do that’.

That night at Vale do Lobo, I was sitting with Steve Finnan, who was my *room-mate, Sami Hyypia and Ginge.

I told Ginge he had to sing a song. I might have said it a couple of times. He said he didn’t want to do it.

I mentioned it again and he snapped. He got s****y about it. He got up and started shouting. “Listen,” he yelled, “I’m not singing and I’ve had enough of you banging on about it.”

Sami told me to ignore him and Ginge left fairly soon afterwards. But as the evening wore on and I had more to drink, it started eating away at me.

At that time, the way I was, I didn’t know how to control my emotions if someone disrespected me in front of the rest of the players.

I am one of the worst people on drink. It doesn’t agree with me.

After a while, I told Finnan we were going.

I told him I wanted to sort it out with Ginge.

“I’m not having that,” I said to Finny.

“What are you on about?” he said.

“That ginger f****** p****, he ain’t speaking to me like that,” I said.

Finny told me to ignore him. He told me to forget it and go to bed.

“I’m not ignoring him,” I said. “I’m going to go to his room.”

Finny told me to calm down.

“No, let’s go to our room,” he said.

He was trying to humour me, like a warder with a madman.

We did go back to our room but I still couldn’t let it go.

We had a shared lounge with bedrooms that were upstairs.

Our golf clubs were in the lounge. I’d got one out as I was stewing over what Ginge had done.

It was an eight iron.

I started taking a few practice swings with it.

“Let’s go and see him now,” I said.

John Arne Riise "I just whacked him across the backside ... if I’d taken a proper swing, I would have hit the ceiling with my backlift"

Action

I just wanted to wind Ginge up a bit.

He had tried it on with me once or twice in training. He had given me a little nudge in the back.

I’d just look at him and think ‘F*** off, Ginge.’

So we got round to his room and I knocked on the door. There was no answer.

So I tried the door and it was open. I let myself in and turned the light on.

Ginge was in bed.

He was facing away from me and covering his eyes with his hands because the lights had been switched on.

I just whacked him across the *backside with the club.

You couldn’t really call it a swing. It was just a thwack, really.

If I’d taken a proper swing, I would have hit the ceiling with my backlift.

Finny, by the way, was hiding behind the door at that point.

Ginge panicked.

He curled up in a ball with a blanket.

“You ever speak to me like that in front of people again,” I told him, “I will wrap this round your head.”

“Listen, I didn’t mean it like that,” he said.

“Yes you f****** did,” I barked at him.

“No, no, I didn’t,” he insisted.

“Yes, you did,” I told him again. “That’s a couple of times you’ve pulled that f****** stunt on me and it won’t be happening any more.”

I was warming to my theme now, like people who have had too much to drink usually do.

I threatened him a few times.

“And if you’ve got a problem with any of this, come and see me in my room tomorrow,” I told him. “Don’t go moaning about it.”

I look back at what I did now and I cringe.

It was pathetic. It was stupidity of the highest level. It was drunken, bullying behaviour.

Eventually, I left.

As Finny and I were going back to our room, the coach pulled up outside and all the players poured off it.

They bumped into us in the corridor and, not knowing anything of what had just gone on, piled into our lounge.

It had been a big night. Nobody even noticed the golf club in my hand. Or if they did, they didn’t mention it.

So the night out continued.

The lounge got wrecked basically.

Sofas were turned upside down, lampshades got knocked off lamps, somebody even chucked a plate at one stage and it split someone’s head open.

By the time I went to bed, that room was not a pretty sight.

The next thing I knew, Finnan was knocking on my door.

“The Gaffer and Pako are downstairs,” he said. ‘Oh, s**t’, I thought. ‘There are a whole number of reasons why they might be here’.

I went downstairs. It was not a pretty picture.

Rafa and his assistant, Pako Ayesteran, were sitting on a sofa that they must have had to pull upright themselves.

Rafa - the most ordered, controlling man I knew - surrounded by utter chaos, by a scene that screamed out loss of control.

There were plates and lampshades everywhere.

Rafa looked at me and told me to put some shoes on before I cut my feet on some debris.

“John Arne Riise has just come to my room to say you attacked him with a golf club,” Rafa said.

“I wouldn’t say I attacked him, exactly,” I said.

I gave him my version. I was already full of remorse.

Rafa looked bemused. It turned out he had had quite a night himself.

A little while later, Dudek appeared with grazes down the side of his face.

“What the f*** happened to Jerzy?” I asked.

After I had left the previous night, things had got out of hand.

Jerzy had refused to leave the bar and the police were called and he had ended up in the cells. Rafa had to go and bail him out.

I actually felt relieved.

‘That’s miles worse than my one,’ I thought as I stared over at Jerzy. ‘That might save me.’

That delusion didn’t last long...

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk Craig Bellamy autobiography: Golf club incident with Riise - Mirror Online

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook