You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Simpsons Movie...

Chris

Empire have given it two stars, but it's at 82% on rotten tomatoes.

Personally I hope it sucks dick just to piss off all the losers who constantly buzz off it and this movie is the death knoll for this shite, which still managed to stay popular 10 years after it stopped being funny.

I'm sick of Homer Simpson and his annoying fucking family and the shite scenarios they get themselves into. I hate the way it has this anti-establishment reputation, but is the flagship show on Fox. I hate the fucking theme tune. I hate the way you can't turn on sky without seeing some reference to it. I hate the way its lorded as the best animated show of all time when South Park shits over it from the highest peak.

Fuck off The Simpsons. 1989 called and asked if you could come back...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody downloads it, watch out... there's a fake out there that is a load of Simpsons episodes lashed together with a crude intro made out of one of the trailers.

I wouldn't download anything of course, and neither would you good people. But just in case anybody slips up and accidentally tries to download it.

Went to see it today with low expectations but it actually turned out to be really, really funny and a return to the witty one liners and pop culture references of years ago. Really good film and enoyed it a lot. Apart from a lack of Monty Burns, I can't have too many faults with it.

Im shocked at the ratings ive seen it getting. I thought it would be absolutely shit like the show is these days, just stupidity and none of the wit or satire which made the show great in the first 7-8 seasons.

There is a lot of stupid people in the world so maybe they are the ones rating it highly and I will still hate it, from the previews ive seen im still not holding out much hope. Ive got to the stage now that im already thinking it's shit because of how bad the show has gone so it will have to be really good to get me to like it.

Im shocked at the ratings ive seen it getting. I thought it would be absolutely shit like the show is these days, just stupidity and none of the wit or satire which made the show great in the first 7-8 seasons.

There is a lot of stupid people in the world so maybe they are the ones rating it highly and I will still hate it, from the previews ive seen im still not holding out much hope. Ive got to the stage now that im already thinking it's shit because of how bad the show has gone so it will have to be really good to get me to like it.

That Spider Pig trailer is fucking funny though.

I dont think im going to see it at the cinema in case i dislike it then i will be really pissed off that one of the best shows ever has been turned to shit and at the same time i wasted my money on it. I might change my mind if someone talks me into it but right now im thinking ill download a copy later.

That Spider Pig trailer is fucking funny though.

I didnt laugh at anything in the trailers.

I think with me im comparing it to the classic shows and the show is totally different now it's not even the same show.

All the writers are different and write very differently, the voices have changed, the characters are soooo different and it even looks quite a bit different.:no

If it wasnt "the Simpsons" and just a new film with no background show i would probably find it funnier because i wouldn't be comparing it to a show that reached near perfection in the earlier years.

I went to see it last night.

I thought it was hilarious. It should be called 'The Homer movie' as it's just all about him. You can tell they have got all the original writing staff in, some of the jokes are old school.

Bart gets his dick out in it and it starts off with a hilarious Itchy and Scratchy cartoon. The only think I would have changed would be to put more of the different characters, that the show has, in it.

Overall the film was great and It's done the show proud.

I didnt laugh at anything in the trailers.

I think with me im comparing it to the classic shows and the show is totally different now it's not even the same show.

All the writers are different and write very differently, the voices have changed, the characters are soooo different and it even looks quite a bit different.:no

If it wasnt "the Simpsons" and just a new film with no background show i would probably find it funnier because i wouldn't be comparing it to a show that reached near perfection in the earlier years.

I was under the impression that they had brought back some of the old crew for the movie and new series? I could be wrong though. I totally agree that it is in no way the same show as it was in its pomp, but I can't help getting a little excited about a film of one of the greatest shows of all time.

I went to see it last night.

I thought it was hilarious. It should be called 'The Homer movie' as it's just all about him. You can tell they have got all the original writing staff in, some of the jokes are old school.

Bart gets his dick out in it and it starts off with a hilarious Itchy and Scratchy cartoon. The only think I would have changed would be to put more of the different characters, that the show has, in it.

Overall the film was great and It's done the show proud.

is that true they got some old writers back because i heard that but i didnt know if it was true, i was praying it was.

You loved it but let me ask you this do you enjoy the latest episodes like any of the last 8 -10 seasons? Your answer will give me a good indication of whether i will like it or not.

They didnt get Conan, i would of got a lot more excited if i knew he was a writer because i know he is funny and clever to me anyway. Scew it ill go see it at the cinema i gotta be more open minded, the fact that the old writers are back has buoyed my sprits and expectations a bit.

"Simpsons Movie" Without Conan O'Brien 07-18-2007 (18:30:42)

In an earlier interview, "Simpsons" creator Matt Groening gloated at the fact that all the old writers were brought back for "The Simpsons Movie." But according to an Entertainment Weekly article, Conan O'Brien was never invited.

O'Brien was a writer on "The Simpsons" from 1991 to 1994 and is credited with writing four episodes, including "Marge vs. The Monorail," which he considers his favorite. When O'Brien finally moved on to new projects, he ended up leaving on good terms.

Writer/producer Al Jean responded by stating that Conan would have simply "laughed" off the invite to work on the movie. But when Conan got his chance to comment on the subject, it turned out that he would have loved to be apart of it.

"I cleared my talk show schedule for a year at great financial cost to myself, got an apartment right outside the Fox lot, and told them I was ready to report to work," jokes O'Brien. "All I heard back was that they were having trouble finding me a parking space, and then they stopped returning my calls altogether. I am stunned and disappointed.... Truth be told, I worry that the Simpsons-writing portion of my brain has been destroyed after 14 years of talking to Lindsay Lohan and that guy from One Tree Hill, so maybe it's all for the best."

is that true they got some old writers back because i heard that but i didnt know if it was true, i was praying it was.

You loved it but let me ask you this do you enjoy the latest episodes like any of the last 8 -10 seasons? Your answer will give me a good indication of whether i will like it or not.

The last few seasons arn't really that good IMO. Just random episodes that look like they have been thrown together in a week.

I can honestly say this film is nothing like the shit of seasons 8-10. If you see the film and don't agree with me, you can put me on ignore forever!!

The last few seasons arn't really that good IMO. Just random episodes that look like they have been thrown together in a week.

I can honestly say this film is nothing like the shit of seasons 8-10. If you see the film and don't agree with me, you can put me on ignore forever!!

that sounds good then, the bit about it being unlike the latest season not the putting you on ignore bit.

Im gonna go see it tomorrow

Banner, you sound a lot like me, mate. I'm not a big fan of the later episodes and tend not to watch them at all but if I do, I very rarely even crack a smile given the poor quality and tend to watch episodes from series 1-12/13 on a loop, but trust me, you will not be disappointed. A return to form and the humour which made the show in the early days.

Seasons 8-10 shit????

No way. It starting going downhill after season 10.