You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: I'd like to sign Crouch

El Rojo

Rafael Benitez has revealed that Liverpool are currently talking to Southampton about the possibility of bringing Peter Crouch to Anfield this week.

Liverpool have been linked with the Southampton giant all summer and today Benitez insisted that the England striker is at the top of his wish-list.

"I want to sign Peter Crouch," Rafa told liverpoolfc.tv. "I like this player and he would be a good addition to our squad. At this moment Rick Parry is talking to Southampton and hopefully something can be agreed. I would like Peter to come to Switzerland with us on our training camp."

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk away, Rafa. Spend the extra money on Gallas instead. We need him a hell of a lot more than we need Crouch.

Please.

For all my pro-Crouch bleatings I can't disagree with that. If there is the slimest chance that Chelsea'll let us have him - go get.

FFS Chelsea will be quaking in their boots, how can we sign this lanky streak of piss when (insert name of someone who is good on Championship Manager) is available for (insert random, unrealistic figure). We're not skint!

FFS Chelsea will be quaking in their boots, how can we sign this lanky streak of piss when (insert name of someone who is good on Championship Manager) is available for (insert random, unrealistic figure). We're not skint!

Saviola's always a favourite. He's an Argenitian International!!

Oi, over here Dave, I think he'll be a cracking signing. He's going to shock a lot of people.

Considering he's going to cost at least the same as Morientes and Garcia, what will the shock consist of? That he's actually capable of playing football?

I've got nothing against Crouch, but the fee we're talking about here is fucking ridiculous.

No way will we pay what they're asking.

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets reported that we did though. That £11m fee for Heskey was no such thing. It was somewhere between £9-10m, but one of the clauses Leicester put in was that they could say they got £11m so they didn't lose face as that's what they'd been quoting.

We didn't pay £11m for Heskey, and we won't pay £8m for Crouch. I'd be surpsised if it was much over £6m, although there may be add ons and that which could evenntually take it nearer £8m.

Southampton aren't in that much of a position to play hard ball, especially if the player starts making waves. He doesn't seem the type for that though, and maybe they're taking advantage of that.

Crouch needs to force the issue, as this is a once in alifetimne chance for him and he can't allow it to slip away because of some guy called fucking Rupert.

It should be £6m at the max.

If Rupert "how Lowe can you go" starts being a tosser then Parry should get his bucket out and start looking like he's going to use it:

"What you gotta ask yourself Rupert, is whether I loaded water or confetti. Well, D'ya feel Lucky Punk, do ya? Sign the deal schmuck or we both find out if your pretty face gets wet!"

Lowe signs and Parry grabs the "Rick-o-horn 2000" *HONK HONK!!!*

Crouch needs to force the issue, as this is a once in alifetimne chance for him and he can't allow it to slip away because of some guy called fucking Rupert.

this is my only problem with Crouch, his desire (some people call it loyalty), but the players who have real desire force the issue, you only have to look at players such as Le Tissier who never had the desire to demand a move and he will never know what he might have achieved at a bigger club.

Go on Crouchy show us your desire and make your dream move happen now