You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You tell me ? 

I will do, though I'd be interested in why you seem to think I'm a centrists or right winger first. I don't think I've ever shared any view or belief on here that is right wing, so it would be interesting to hear why. 

Long story short, I'm pretty much a communist. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I will do, though I'd be interested in why you seem to think I'm a centrists or right winger first. I don't think I've ever shared any view or belief on here that is right wing, so it would be interesting to hear why. 

Long story short, I'm pretty much a communist. 

Phew 

• 2 weeks later...

As the saying goes “be murderous cunts, ask questions later.”

It’s not surprising to see that the official version of events is, once again, falling apart at a rapid speed. 

There’s another unverified recent story/claim doing the rounds that the IDF terrorists shot and killed an Israeli national after he approached them “suspiciously” and they mistook him for a Palestinian. 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2022-11-14/ty-article/.premium/woman-killed-by-israeli-military-fire-in-ramallah-area-palestinians-report/00000184-7480-d421-a1cf-7def90a20000

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Israel has said it will not cooperate with an FBI investigation into the killing of the Palestinian American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh by the Israeli army.

Israel’s defence minister, Benny Gantz, denounced the inquiry as “interference in Israel’s internal affairs” and said he “made it clear to the American representatives that we stand behind the IDF [Israel defence forces] soldiers, that we will not cooperate with any external investigation”.

“The decision of the US Department of Justice to investigate the unfortunate death of Shireen Abu Akleh is a grave mistake. The IDF conducted an independent and professional investigation, which was presented to the Americans who shared the details,” Gantz said.

But an outright failure to cooperate would complicate relations with Washington and reinforce claims of an Israeli cover-up of Abu Akleh’s death as she reported on a military raid on the West Bank city of Jenin in May.

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Israel has said it will not cooperate with an FBI investigation into the killing of the Palestinian American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh by the Israeli army.

Israel’s defence minister, Benny Gantz, denounced the inquiry as “interference in Israel’s internal affairs” and said he “made it clear to the American representatives that we stand behind the IDF [Israel defence forces] soldiers, that we will not cooperate with any external investigation”.

“The decision of the US Department of Justice to investigate the unfortunate death of Shireen Abu Akleh is a grave mistake. The IDF conducted an independent and professional investigation, which was presented to the Americans who shared the details,” Gantz said.

But an outright failure to cooperate would complicate relations with Washington and reinforce claims of an Israeli cover-up of Abu Akleh’s death as she reported on a military raid on the West Bank city of Jenin in May.

“The decision of the US Department of Justice to investigate the unfortunate death of Shireen Abu Akleh is a grave mistake."

What?! A bit like Shireen making a grave mistake by accurately reporting what is happening? 

• 4 weeks later...

The UN General Assembly affirmed that Israel must give up its nuclear weapons in a 149-6 vote taken on Wednesday.

An earlier version of the text was approved in the UNGA's Fifth Committee in October with a 152-5 vote.

Those who opposed the resolution were: Canada, Israel, Micronesia, Palau and the United States. Liberia, which had been absent from the vote in October, changed its position and opposed the text.

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The UN General Assembly affirmed that Israel must give up its nuclear weapons in a 149-6 vote taken on Wednesday.

An earlier version of the text was approved in the UNGA's Fifth Committee in October with a 152-5 vote.

Those who opposed the resolution were: Canada, Israel, Micronesia, Palau and the United States. Liberia, which had been absent from the vote in October, changed its position and opposed the text.

Anti-Semitic UN? 

• 3 weeks later...

Israel’s military said its prosecutor has filed indictments against two soldiers who allegedly hurled an explosive device at a Palestinian home in the occupied West Bank, a rare instance of Israeli troops facing serious charges over an offense against Palestinians.

Prosecutors charged the two soldiers with making an explosive device, aggravated intentional assault, intentional harm to property and impeaching the investigation, the army announced late Thursday. The court ordered the soldiers to remain in detention until a hearing next month. They were arrested on Nov. 28.

Looks like the 'Middle East's only democracy', or rather its mental new government, is lining up  to align more closely with its neighbours.

New government planning is planning to make a law vetoing judicial decisions with a simple majority in the parliament.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/05/far-right-government-of-israels-plans-to-limit-power-of-judiciary-condemned

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...