You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yesterday

Thanks Howie.

I hope he starts to emphasize this more and more, regardless of the political cost.

These are innocent people being slaughtered by weapons he and the governments in which he served provided to Israel.

3.8 billion in military aid per year currently.

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Fucking hell! The attack on the flatbed lorry carrying people fleeing Northern Gaza is sickening. Just kids killed in cold blood for the sake of revenge. It's so bad. It's making me angry now. To think that there's people who support this - even in our very community. I just can't fathom.

There are people on this very forum that support it. 

2 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

The wests backing of what is increasingly becoming a televised rework of what Hamas have done, and then justifying it, and the west agreeing to it, is very very worrying for the coming years for not just the Middle East but the world as a whole. 

Rightly or wrongly- you can sort of see why people become radicalised. 

It is fearsome seeing it in action like this, and also not being able to do very much to stop it

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Why won’t you just answer the question? 

I did, or at least I thought I did.

But, let me ask you, what exactly did you expect they are going to do when you heard what happened on Saturday? Thy went to war in the past over one soldier taken prisoner.

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I did, or at least I thought I did.

But, let me ask you, what exactly did you expect they are going to do when you heard what happened on Saturday? Thy went to war in the past over one soldier taken prisoner.

I touched on this when replying to another post. I fully expected a country that has a history of slaughtering innocent civilians and committing war crimes to slaughter innocent civilians and commit war crimes. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I touched on this when replying to another post. I fully expected a country that has a history of slaughtering innocent civilians and committing war crimes to slaughter innocent civilians and commit war crimes. 

Well, there you go.

And just to mention. I am not condoning what either side is doing, I was trying to argue with your estimate / assertion / feeling that world leaders are changing their position on Israel. So far, i see the same dance as when Israel is in a position to retaliate to something.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

I don't know. What was the last time Palestinians crossed over from Gaza and killed 1,300 Israelis, most of them by gunfire in planned massacres and within 24 hours? So it this context it is not some unpredictable escalation, compared to '21 and '14. BTW, at least at face value, they are asking them to evacuate, move from the area of operations, not relocate permanently. 

So they’ll be able to return to their homes afterwards, is that what you’re saying? Any guarantees that the infrastructure will still be there even if their homes aren’t?

10 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

He's a monumentally thick twat!

I dont think he is. He's just a politician. He looks how opinion is and then lines up with it. He doesn't mean a word He says. And none of them do.

I wouldn't trust anybody who wanted to be an elected politician.

5 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It looks like people may be trying to sabotage the Palestinian protests by surreptitiously taping images that glorify terrorism onto people’s backs and the placards they’re carrying. 

A sicker version of the schoolyard “kick me” sign. 

IMG_3057.jpeg

Not sure it’s too easy to apply several pieces of tape to someone’s back surreptitiously 

5 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Not sure it’s too easy to apply several pieces of tape to someone’s back surreptitiously 

you just have it in your palm and knock into them and pay them on the back. It’s pretty easy. Especially in a massive crowd.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Artful Dodger over here.

I’ve been on two demos in London. On the Iraq War one in particular, when the crowd bunched you could have covered my back with more stickers than on a 70’s rally car and I wouldn’t have known.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

This moved me, for some reason. I don’t know why as it’s not graphic, they’re alive. But alone. And so defenceless in an area being peppered with bombs. They’re little kids, for fucks sake. 

“fuck around - find out” though ……

Racist cunts. And a racist Cunt repping his posts. Some fucking vermin on this forum. Never Liverpool fans , bad s*n reading wool scabs