You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

20 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I hope its Amorim hes the only one I look at and think anything could be possible , good or bad. The rest just make me shrug my shoulders and think whatever. I've zero fucking reasoning for this beyond youtube videos.

It’s the beard. Must have decent beard & seeing Xabi wants to stay in Germany there’s only one other choice.   

It's feeling like the time to get this announced to give the club and fanbase a boost. We are all mourning Klopp (including the players) and it's created a very negative vibe throughout the club which is transferring to our performances. The fairy tale ending isn't happening and we need to look to the future.

It feels as though Klopp's tenure is going to end in a very laboured and uninspiring way which is a shame.

We'll likely be shit next season but at least there's hope.....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

It's feeling like the time to get this announced to give the club and fanbase a boost. We are all mourning Klopp (including the players) and it's created a very negative vibe throughout the club which is transferring to our performances. The fairy tale ending isn't happening and we need to look to the future.

It feels as though Klopp's tenure is going to end in a very laboured and uninspiring way which is a shame.

We'll likely be shit next season but at least there's hope.....

Well, I for one am looking forward to a fresh face in the dugout next season. 

I actually said in the football amnesty thread at the start of the season I wanted a new face, granted, I also said I wanted xabi alonso. But after digging around for info on this amorim guy, I have to admit I'm really excited about his impending appointment 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

Well, I for one am looking forward to a fresh face in the dugout next season. 

I actually said in the football amnesty thread at the start of the season I wanted a new face, granted, I also said I wanted xabi alonso. But after digging around for info on this amorim guy, I have to admit I'm really excited about his impending appointment 

From the perspective of right now, I agree. Change of manager gives me optimism but realistically, unless he's very fucking good it's likely we'll be scrapping for top 4.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m looking forward to a new manager coming in and I think a change is what everyone needs inc the players you only need to listen to Trent on that 

We are stale and predictable and Klopps getting out at the right time 

We are never reaching them 18-20 heights under him or anyone else ever 

No way are people actually saying it's a good thing Klopp is going and us having a fresh start?

A few weeks ago we were in for the quadruple!!

I don't know why I still read the football forum. Better off sticking to the general forum from here on out haha.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Welsh said:

No way are people actually saying it's a good thing Klopp is going and us having a fresh start?

I don't know why I still read the football forum. Better off sticking to the general forum from here on out haha.

A Klopp that has already decided to leave and the lethargy and tiredness and lack of ideas that seems to be creeping into the squad then yes a fresh face with new energy is what we need.

I can probably say on behalf of everyone that a fully energised enthusiastic Klopp would be everyone's preference.

12 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Theyve reached the 5th stage of grief

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

A Klopp that has already decided to leave and the lethargy and tiredness and lack of ideas that seems to be creeping into the squad then yes a fresh face with new energy is what we need.

I can probably say on behalf of everyone that a fully energised enthusiastic Klopp would be everyone's preference.

If it was based on last season's performance then fair enough but it makes no sense after what we've done/are doing this season to think a fresh face is the right way to go. 

33 minutes ago, Welsh said:

If it was based on last season's performance then fair enough but it makes no sense after what we've done/are doing this season to think a fresh face is the right way to go. 

Unfortunately you don't have a choice.

1 hour ago, Welsh said:

Yeah, come join the sensible people of the GF.

For me, I'd have been made up if never announced he was leaving and stayed until at least his contract was up, but we are where we are, in a state of limbo  with everyone connected to the club knowing he's going while we're in the hunt for trophies.

There was a hope amongst some that his announcement might spur the players and fans on, while others feared it would have an adverse impact. It seems to have done the latter. I'm not blaming Klopp for that  BTW, I suspect it was going to be leaked which forced the issue.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Yeah, come join the sensible people of the GF.

For me, I'd have been made up if never announced he was leaving and stayed until at least his contract was up, but we are where we are, in a state of limbo  with everyone connected to the club knowing he's going while we're in the hunt for trophies.

There was a hope amongst some that his announcement might spur the players and fans on, while others feared it would have an adverse impact. It seems to have done the latter. I'm not blaming Klopp for that  BTW, I suspect it was going to be leaked which forced the issue.

There was no way they could keep that type of news quiet till the season was out. As soon as we started to try to hire a manager, it would have been all over. 

As for it spurring us on or not, perhaps we have had a bit of both. We got a boost when we had the injury crisis and it was just announced, culminating in the league cup final. But as time has passed, they speculation continues and fans and players alike start to look beyond klopp, it seems to have had the opposite effect. 

1 hour ago, Welsh said:

We could very well be top of the league, by the end of the weekend.

Lots of talk of Klopp's tactics being responsible for recent performances.

It's not him who failed to score the dozen or so easy chances against United and Palace. These same players won't suddenly become clinical when he's not there.

Last night was a tricky game against big, organised opposition. To win by 3 was always unlikely but we could have managed it by being clinical and would have been in the tie had we been clinical in the first game.

I think recent results are far more on the lack of quality and intelligence of the players than on Klopp's tactics.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

It's not him who failed to score the dozen or so easy chances against United and Palace. These same players won't suddenly become clinical when he's not there.

Last night was a tricky game against big, organised opposition. To win by 3 was always unlikely but we could have managed it by being clinical and would have been in the tie had we been clinical in the first game.

I think recent results are far more on the lack of quality and intelligence of the players than on Klopp's tactics.

By the same token who bought the players and who is responsible for bedding in a style of play and attacking system?

With Firmino, Salah and Mane (plus Robertson/Trent) our attacking play was clearly defined it had a system and a style.

I'm not sure what that is and it seems to rely more on Salah sneaking a goal Or Nunez/Diaz getting enough chances/half chances that at least one goes in to get us through. Its far more individualistic than it ever was at our and Klopp's best

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

By the same token who bought the players and who is responsible for bedding in a style of play and attacking system?

With Firmino, Salah and Mane (plus Robertson/Trent) our attacking play was clearly defined it had a system and a style.

I'm not sure what that is and it seems to rely more on Salah sneaking a goal Or Nunez/Diaz getting enough chances/half chances that at least one goes in to get us through. Its far more individualistic than it ever was at our and Klopp's best

Aye, was about to make the same point in a reply, Klopp bought those players.....

Don't get me wrong in that I'm sad as hell Klopp is going and if we had any choice id happily have him see out his contract but that isn't what's happening, at this point i'd much rather we quickly line up the next manager and get them announced so that planning transfers/tactical changes they want can start before its a mad scramble, with a short time for the new manager to start bedding their ideas/new players in.

1 hour ago, Turkish Delight said:

I must have missed half that game against palace last week

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I must have missed half that game against palace last week

The first half was poor but even in that we missed chances.

Endo, Diaz, Jones, Salah, Jota and Nunez all had chances you'd expect them to score in the match and some of the finishing was criminal. That should be enough to win a game like that. Is that a tactical error that we didn't or a tactical error that Nunez didn't give Szoboszlai a tap in at Old Trafford?

I get the point about who signs the players but we've still got a title challenge out of it until at least now with their limitations. It's way beyond what most expected past year.

There's a good chance we'll come up short but we'll still probably do it with a points total in the top half a dozen in our history. The three highest of which have already come under Klopp despite all our greats usually having 42 game seasons.

If the new manager tries to play anything other than high energy football we will seriously struggle though next sesson.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

The first half was poor but even in that we missed chances.

Endo, Diaz, Jones, Salah, Jota and Nunez all had chances you'd expect them to score in the match and some of the finishing was criminal. That should be enough to win a game like that. Is that a tactical error that we didn't?

I get the point about who signs the players but we've still got a title challenge out of it until at least now with their limitations. It's way beyond what most expected past year.

If the new manager tries to play anything other than high energy football we will seriously struggle though.

I don`t agree. I think we have the players to keep the ball in the team and break down defences, but there seem to be no plan, structure or pattern in our attacking play, wihich again leads to wrong choices and misplaced passes.

6 minutes ago, Judge said:

I don`t agree. I think we have the players to keep the ball in the team and break down defences, but there seem to be no plan, structure or pattern in our attacking play, wihich again leads to wrong choices and misplaced passes.

I suppose we'll see next year. Hope that you're the one that is right.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

There was no way they could keep that type of news quiet till the season was out.

I just don't understand what good there was for Klopp to announce early - and I mean within the club as well. Pretty sure it hasn't given the club a head start in getting in a new manager, if anything it has made that harder imo and at a time when we were already busy filling the front office with guys who had cleaned their desks out a year or two before.

And I don't get why that would be better for Klopp personally other than getting the weight off his shoulders earlier. Each aspect of it seems to have back fired.