You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think they're better than City. City have the easier schedule, though, so maybe that could be the difference.

Yeah, I think Haaland has made them a worse team. The one player (who isn't a tippy tappy bellend) they really needed to get the best out of him has been injured for most of the season. If Guardiola had bought Lautaro Martinez they'd be 10 points better off.

Goal difference is often a good indicator of the real quality of a side so you're probably right that across the season Arsenal have been the best team. However, they'll draw with Spurs and no-one will give a fuck in May when weird Pep is begging people to give a shit about another title for City.

18 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

We’re the best team in the league and the table would reflect it if we hadn’t been totally fucked by PGMOL. We lost this league against Spurs at home last year.

We're really not. Arsenal and City are a level above us, we've got by on blind luck until now, and it's run out..

• Downvote 2

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

We're really not. Arsenal and City are a level above us, we've got by on blind luck until now, and it's run out..

That's a fucking ridiculous statement. 

1 minute ago, KMD7 NERVELESS FORUM BIG DOG said:

That's a fucking ridiculous statement. 

26 or 28 points from losing positions, if you're telling there's no luck involved in that you're having a laugh.

Arsenal and City destroy teams, more arsenal this season if I'm honest, that we just about scrape past.

We were lucky to get this close.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

26 or 28 points from losing positions, if you're telling there's no luck involved in that you're having a laugh.

Arsenal and City destroy teams, more arsenal this season if I'm honest, that we just about scrape past.

Absolute nonsense, as usual. Anyway not going to fall out with you about it it's miserable enough in here tonight!

• Upvote 1

For arsenal to win out they need to win 18 and draw 1 of their last 19. That's form neither City or ourselves managed at our peaks, I can't see that Arsenal team doing that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, No2 said:

For arsenal to win out they need to win 18 and draw 1 of their last 19. That's form neither City or ourselves managed at our peaks, I can't see that Arsenal team doing that.

Maybe not based on probability, but based on the way they are playing it feels possible.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Neither have had the injuries we have had. Neither have had the bad luck such as the Spurs game impact them like us.

Today wasn't bad luck. It was sloppy. It's on us.

Right now, we feel like the third best team. However, we are getting back a pile of players which will be huge. Arsenal lose Saliba or Rice...City lose Foden etc and maybe that will be the difference. Jota will be huge in the coming weeks. Rightly or wrongly, as shite as United are and as much as we should have battered them today, it's a horrible game boxed off. Villa may be the better team, but like fuck it is the occasion that Old Trafford always is. Yeah we've had some hillarious results there, but not many. When they were brilliant, they normally struggled at Anfield. It's a story as old as time. 

City being in the FA cup is great. Both still being in Europe is great. 

There are 7 games left, 7 - and we are point better off than 1 of the other 2 and on same as other....Not 3 games where 2 of them are against burnley and sheff utd for them whilst we have Tottenham away and the mancs away and we are 3 pts behind....

A lot can happen and likely will in 7 games and we are right there with much more of a chance than i bet most of us dared hope we would be at start of season.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

There are 7 games left, 7 - and we are point better off than 1 of the other 2 amd on same as other....Not 3 games where 2 of them are against burnley and sheff utd for them whilst we have Tottenham away and the mancs away and we are 3 pts behind....

A lot can happen and likely will in 7 games and we are right there with much more of a chance than i bet most of us dared hope we would be at start of season.

Exactly. I'm not pissed off at all about the title race today as we are still bang in it. The only thing I'm pissed off about right now is that we didn't put those shit cunts away 1st half.

13 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Exactly. I'm not pissed off at all about the title race today as we are still bang in it. The only thing I'm pissed off about right now is that we didn't put those shit cunts away 1st half.

Oh deffo.

We had them at our mercy again and let them off the hook. The game should have been over by half time really.

That is frustrating, that is disappointing, that is fucking irritating - but it isn't the title lost, it wouldn't have been won either today had we put them the sword...

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

And Manchester City are second in the table for points gained from losing positions - only 3 behind us. I'd say it was a sign of great resilience rather than luck. City also still have a slightly worse goal difference than us, so I'm not quite sure how they're destroying teams and we're only scraping past everyone.

I can't argue that Arsenal have looked the best team and have seemed very comfortable in most games since the turn of the year. I feel pessimistic about our chances tonight, but there's 7 games left and one slip from them changes everything.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

There are 7 games left, 7 - and we are point better off than 1 of the other 2 and on same as other....Not 3 games where 2 of them are against burnley and sheff utd for them whilst we have Tottenham away and the mancs away and we are 3 pts behind....

I think we will all 7 you know I just have a good feeling 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Maybe not based on probability, but based on the way they are playing it feels possible.

I don't really understand what that means. So you just think form on a given week is ok? They were fucking crap last week against city, what did you think then? How about when they limped past Luton in the week? The reality is all 3 teams could win all their games and if there was only 7 games and played in isolation, they probably would. But they're not played in isolation, arsenal have an awful squad and they're back playing real European games this week. We're not playing at that midweek level..and in fact I think nobody would worry if we prioritised the league. They won't and neither should they. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I don't really understand what that means. So you just think form on a given week is ok? They were fucking crap last week against city, what did you think then? How about when they limped past Luton in the week? The reality is all 3 teams could win all their games and if there was only 7 games and played in isolation, they probably would. But they're not played in isolation, arsenal have an awful squad and they're back playing real European games this week. We're not..and in fact I think nobody would worry if we prioritised the league. They won't and neither should they. 

You might want to look at their results in the 2nd half of the season, mate. It's not too shabby.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

You might want to look at their results in the 2nd half of the season, mate. It's not too shabby.

Neither is ours or city. And they've done it because they've played less matches, because they were out of both domestic cups before you could say happy new year..

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Neither is ours or city. And they've done it because they've played less matches, because they were out of both domestic cups before you could say happy new year..

Look, if you want to tell yourself that scoring 38 and giving up 4 in 2024 in the league is not impressive and doesn't give the impression they can get it done, feel free.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah let’s see how they handle it now ok they lead only on GD but with midweek European games too and if they come through it all I’ll be the first to congratulate the cockney cunts

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Look, if you want to tell yourself that scoring 38 and giving up 4 in 2024 in the league is not impressive and doesn't give the impression they can get it done, feel free.

Did I say it wasn't impressive. The point being (which is what you were responding to), sides have moments, but moments don't last forever. You seem to think they do. It's an ebb and flow of a season. Their tough bit is to come. 

Just now, Dapower said:

Yeah let’s see how they handle it now ok they lead only on GD but with midweek European games too and if they come through it all I’ll be the first to congratulate the cockney cunts

I'm still not arsed about GD. If it's that close with 3 to go, maybe it'll cross my mind. My biggest concern is we need to stop being so casual all over the pitch..we are so far ahead of nearly everyone we play, but we're managing to keep the scoreline close by being fucking stupid at all the things that matter in football, scoring and stopping the other cunts from scoring. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Did I say it wasn't impressive. The point being (which is what you were responding to), sides have moments, but moments don't last forever. You seem to think they do. It's an ebb and flow of a season. Their tough bit is to come. 

Yeah, I think the best team will continue winning games and will win the league because they're the best team. If you don't think that, good for you.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm still not arsed about GD. If it's that close with 3 to go, maybe it'll cross my mind. My biggest concern is we need to stop being so casual all over the pitch..we are so far ahead of nearly everyone we play, but we're managing to keep the scoreline close by being fucking stupid at all the things that matter in football, scoring and stopping the other cunts from scoring. 

I totally agree with you on that and in our last title chance in 22 after 31 games we were 1pt behind city and I think we’ll all take it to the last day again